Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 156
  1. #46
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I guess the greatest harm Wanda did to mutants, beyond the direct suffering of losing their powers, was to show just how fragile their "superiority" is and to remind them that after all they are just humans behind their powers.
    I mean she did kill a sh!t ton of them
    GrindrStone(D)

  2. #47
    Better than YOU! Alan2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The X-gene can be supressed either via technology, magic or even natural occuring phenomena and while it can in some instances result in a mutants death, most of the time the end result is a perfectly functional "normal" human. Infact depowering seems to often cause a fantastic "reversal" to said form, even if their bodies were heavily changed by their super powers.
    Just like the X-gene's own random nature, what ever a reversal occurs or if a person dies from their powers no longer sustaining their form seems pretty random.
    We have examples like Beak who turned back into a normal human, despite his previously extremely changed form, while another mutant who turned into a dragon died because his body could no longer function without the gene.
    It seems entirely up to the writer on what ever depowering say a "tree person" mutant would result in them dying because of the X-gene sustaining their form is gone, or if all the plant stuff crumbles away and a normal human appears underneath it all.
    Just using this as an example.

  3. #48
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh God I won't do this again. It amazes me how you can't see how bad humans treated them and how you expect the fictional minority group to bow down to the oppressors and act nice so the oppressors don't feel too bad about it.
    Stop twisting what I'm saying into a straw man.

    There's vastly more choices for Krkao to make before making monsters like Magneto and Apocalypse rulers and ambassadors, and the message they send isn't "be nice" it's surrender or die. If you want humanity to not be enemies don't view every single one of them as if they were Graydon Creed and all they need is to scare them into compliance. That has nothing to do with "bowing to oppressors," which is ironic considering mutants like Selene and Apocalypse were oppressing humans for millennia until the present day. And mutants, and anyone with a pulse. Of course what humans did was incredibly wrong, nobody is disputing that - but acknowledging both sides have done really bad things, since they're a species not a small group, is just common sense. What do mutants lose by disavowing the mutant super-villains? Ethically it's the right choice. And so is not using them as a face to the outside world unless you are that they want every human to be scared of them. The whole idea of Krkaoa is meant to break the cycle, except they're really not with choices like this.

    Start listening, not shutting conversations down because someone disagrees with you.

    Just a suggestion to read Utopia and Secret Empire again because you've missed some essential plot points.

    Bye.
    I know why the X-men did in that, that's not a good excuse to make alliances with Norman Osborn and HYDRA. I wouldn't hear the end of it if the roles were reversed. The X-men made their choices, which foreshadowed the dark path they were headed too with Krkaoa, and that is working with monsters is acceptable. Which, in hindsight, shouldn't be that surprising given Magneto and Emma Frost's villains pasts.

    When the X-men choose monsters over their friends and allies like the Avengers, Spider-man and Fantastic Four they've made their choice to become villains, Krkao's just the ultimate conclusion of that path.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 06-29-2020 at 04:48 AM.

  4. #49
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Just using this as an example.
    of what?


    Apocalypse sleeps for hundreds of years at a time
    GrindrStone(D)

  5. #50
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    ...

    Start listening, not shutting conversations down because someone disagrees with you.

    ...
    Seeing as this same exact bit(almost to the letter...) has stretched out across a bunch of thread where it had right around "Nothing..." to do with the topic of those threads(Take, let say, a thread about mutants being superior or not and just wander in an rattle off about how the diplomatic aspect of the mutant homeland is being conducted...), the idea that conversation is being "Shut Down..."?

    It's a pretty legit stretch.

    Even if you are willing to be charitable.

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,135

    Default

    And don't tell me to start listening, so I won't tell you to stop having monologues.

    We've had ten iterations of the same conversation over ten different threads and you say the same things all the time. How many times have I and other users discussed about this and given reasons about the villains on Krakoa and all that stuff already? And how many of those times have you listened?

  7. #52
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,915

    Default

    Namor clearly seems to think so.
    Xavier clearly does not.
    And while both Magneto and o--[A]--o both lean towards the "we are better" reasoning, it's based on differing premises that has changed over time (although to be fair, it hasn't changed drastically, just re-contexted).
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,053

    Default

    To be fair, Namor does not believe that he is superior because he is a mutant, Namor believes that he is superior because he is Namor.

  9. #54
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    To be fair, Namor does not believe that he is superior because he is a mutant, Namor believes that he is superior because he is Namor.
    LOL...and there is that added bit of ego. Absolutely.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  10. #55
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,753

    Default

    Spider-People > Mutants > Super flatscans > Flatscans
    "Cable was right!"

  11. #56
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    do mutants deserve to inherit the earth? not necessarily, no lifeform "deserves" to inherit the earth and I don't think they, as a whole, deserve anything but their right to live in peace like anyone else. are they superior? in the sense that they have evolved to have significant advantages over homo-sapiens. the mutants should "inherited the earth" in the sense that they are just humans who've evolved into something else, it is the natural progression of humanity to become mutants. the fact that humanity would rather eradicate themselves (which is what they're ultimately doing no matter how they slice it) to subvert nature doesn't change that fact. the question is, do humans deserve their self-imposed annihilation?
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-29-2020 at 09:40 PM.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham

    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

    Martin to Malcolm: militant Professor X is kinda the wave right now

    DC: Batman & The Outsiders, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Far Sector, Red Hood/Outlaws

    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-Men (2019), Venom, X-Force, Hellions, Giant Sized X-Men

    Anticipated titles: anything from Milestone*, X of Swords

  12. #57
    Fantastic Member Micabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    do mutants deserve to inherit the earth? not necessarily, no lifeform "deserves" to inherit the earth and I don't they as a whole deserve anything but their right to live in peace like anyone else. are they superior? in the sense that they have evolved to have significant advantages over homo-sapiens. the mutants should "inherited the earth" in the sense that they are just humans who've evolved into something else, it is the natural progression of humanity to become mutants. the fact that humanity would rather eradicate themselves (which is what they're ultimately doing no matter how they slice it) to subvert nature doesn't change that fact. the question is, do humans deserve their self-imposed annihilation?
    I agree with you on a few points... But, I'll start with the rejoined Krakoa/Arakko (A.K.A. Okkara) getting bigger all the time and invading other countries, planets, and dimensions along the way. As it stands 16 Million mutants died on Genosha at the hands of Cassie Nova believed to be a mutant by way of having an X-Gene... Wanda Maximoff murdered and or depowered many mutants as well. Is it not Ironic that Cassie and Wanda both have an X-Gene that Cerebro can detect but neither are technically classified as a true mutant as Wanda is a experiment of the High Evolutionary and Cassie is actually a Mummudrai (See: Ev Teel Urizen; Shi'ar super weapon; Demon Bear) -- There's no reason for mutants to occupy other nations, inhabited planets, or Otherworld for that matter -- I can't believe that Okkara (as is) isn't big enough, with its current resources, to sustain the entire mutant population. I'm taking bets on the next gate leading to the ancient city at the heart of M'Kraan Crystal.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-29-2020 at 08:25 AM.

  13. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Political system based on a very powerful leader. His name is Professor X.
    State control. It's called the Quiet Council of Krakoa.
    Being extremely proud of country and race. Krakoa and Mutants check!
    Political opposition is not allowed. You follow the Quiet Council rules or you get gone!

    Now Magneto is part of the council because he'll finally get everything he wanted, simple as that really. He is a fascist.
    Youíve just made a good case for pretty much any American who isnít part of Antifa being a fascist. Congratulations.

  14. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I say if mutants can have an active ban on allowing baseline humans on Krakoa then it's only fair that baseline humans prevent mutants from their cities as well.
    Thatís fine as long as they arenít holding mutants prisoner

  15. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Magneto was right when he tried to murder the X-men when they stopped him from conquering the world?
    They have come around to his way of thinking. So...yes!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •