Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 156
  1. #106
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    So, basically you're advocating for no natural reproduction through physical sexual activity amongst mutant?
    They can do both. They're certainly not tied to sexual activity for reproduction though.

  2. #107
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    So, basically you're advocating for no natural reproduction through physical sexual activity amongst mutant?
    Lol yup I definitely am lol.
    But so what?
    Annnyway what is Natural reproduction anyway?
    GrindrStone(D)

  3. #108
    Spectacular Member Knightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Annnyway what is Natural reproduction anyway?
    Is this guy trolling?

  4. #109
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Lol yup I definitely am lol.
    But so what?
    Annnyway what is Natural reproduction anyway?
    "it's natural if it exist, and it's real if you believe" - James Messiah

    the second part is too philosophically romantic, but that first bit? pretty important to remember folks
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham

    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

    Martin to Malcolm: militant Professor X is kinda the wave right now

    DC: Batman & The Outsiders, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Far Sector, Red Hood/Outlaws

    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-Men (2019), Venom, X-Force, Hellions, Giant Sized X-Men

    Anticipated titles: anything from Milestone*, X of Swords

  5. #110
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Unless you have the exact page and panel numbers where Gorgon turned back around and killed those men?
    He didn't have to, to be a bad thing in Krakoa. Do you know who Gorgon is? Do I have tell you what eery bad thing a mutant super-villain did before Krkaoa for you to care about it? Would you care about it? I've done this before with other characters, didn't raise an eyebrow.

    That assertion(along with you...) is simply wrong.

    Again, folks are discussing what is actually in the books.

    You are attempting to discuss something else entirely.
    I'm discussing various things - including what occurs in the books, and others are trying to whitewash the X-men's history because they think someone's hot or they think their ideology is correct.

    That's where the issue is. Folks just don't care to entertain something that isn't even on the page to discuss a take that is based in things that are non-existent.
    It's only non-existence in fanon, not canon.

  6. #111
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    He didn't have to, to be a bad thing in Krakoa.
    lol Damn so he'd be Damned no matter what he did in that situation.... might as well just killed those dudes
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Do you know who Gorgon is? Do I have tell you what eery bad thing a mutant super-villain did before Krkaoa for you to care about it? Would you care about it? I've done this before with other characters, didn't raise an eyebrow.
    At this point it's obviously you don't what Amnesty means. But if you wanna go through every XBook published and thoroughly catalogue every mutant villain and their every evil deed I think it's very appreciated by a lot of folks

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I'm discussing various things - including what occurs in the books, and others are trying to whitewash the X-men's history because they think someone's hot or they think their ideology is correct.
    LOL aren't the X-Men hero's.... what history is 'whitewashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's only non-existence in fanon, not canon.
    Dude your whole argument is The Villain are ruining everything!vThe X-Men... KraKoa...etc Not only is it canonically false. as we've seen Mutants and KraKoa only flourish That's your opinion.
    GrindrStone(D)

  7. #112
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    He didn't have to, to be a bad thing in Krakoa. Do you know who Gorgon is? Do I have tell you what eery bad thing a mutant super-villain did before Krkaoa for you to care about it? Would you care about it? I've done this before with other characters, didn't raise an eyebrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    ...

    I'm discussing various things - including what occurs in the books,
    and others are trying to whitewash the X-men's history because they think someone's hot or they think their ideology is correct.

    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    ...

    It's only non-existence in fanon, not canon.

    No, you are really not discussing what occurs in the books.

    Starting with what is in green, you completely side-stepped actually talking about what took place in the book in an attempt to try to change the subject to books published in the past and the individual reader's take on runs gone by and the characters in them.

    Again, most folks are trying to actually have a discussion about what is happening in the current set of "X" books. It's why the whole tangent you seem to want to drag things off on doesn't get taken very seriously.

    It's almost always "Avoid Actually Discussing The Current Books..."/"Try To Change The Discussion To Something Else Entirely..."

    Most folks who are reading the current runs have almost no interest in doing that.

  8. #113
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    No, you are really not discussing what occurs in the books.

    Starting with what is in green, you completely side-stepped actually talking about what took place in the book in an attempt to try to change the subject to books published in the past and the individual reader's take on runs gone by and the characters in them.
    So you don't know anything about who Gorgon is. Let me educate you on who he is: he's a high ranking HYDRA and Hand leader who is a psychopath. At age 13 he lead a mutant death cult called Dawn in the White Light, btw. In Wolverine Vol.3 he captured and brainwashed Wolverine into stealing technology from the Fantastic Four and terrorists attacks. In Avengers World he was in the leadership of HYDRA when they manage to create a ritual to reanimate a continent sized dragon which caused untold damage until Shang-Chi put him down. He was among the HYDRA leadership council that assisted HYDRA Captain America.

    This is who you want to not only give a free pass too for his past deeds, but allow him to become a Great Captain.

    Gorgon's history matters since Krkaoa continues from this canon. And he's just one villain.

    Gorgon is a member of Krakoa, and a Great Captain. I'm not talking about Inhuman Gorgon here.

    For reference:



    He's the big guy with the sunglasses and sword on his back.

    Again, most folks are trying to actually have a discussion about what is happening in the current set of "X" books. It's why the whole tangent you seem to want to drag things off on doesn't get taken very seriously.
    You don't take leaders of HYDRA seriously?

    It's almost always "Avoid Actually Discussing The Current Books..."/"Try To Change The Discussion To Something Else Entirely..."
    We're back to gaslighting, again. Anything but to discuss the implications of the books and how it's read, which are on topic since that's about the books. But it's only with things you disagree with, as others have done this and come to other conclusions and made up fanon memes without a murmur of complaint. Why is that? Apocalypse being a sex god is acceptable, but talking about his past and his current betrayals isn't?

    Most folks who are reading the current runs have almost no interest in doing that.
    You're right, they really don't like admitting they're supporting the bad guys.

  9. #114
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    So you don't know anything about who Gorgon is. Let me educate you on who he is: he's a high ranking HYDRA and Hand leader who is a psychopath. At age 13 he lead a mutant death cult called Dawn in the White Light, btw. In Wolverine Vol.3 he captured and brainwashed Wolverine into stealing technology from the Fantastic Four and terrorists attacks. In Avengers World he was in the leadership of HYDRA when they manage to create a ritual to reanimate a continent sized dragon which caused untold damage until Shang-Chi put him down. He was among the HYDRA leadership council that assisted HYDRA Captain America.

    This is who you want to not only give a free pass too for his past deeds, but allow him to become a Great Captain.

    Gorgon's history matters since Krkaoa continues from this canon. And he's just one villain.

    Gorgon is a member of Krakoa, and a Great Captain. I'm not talking about Inhuman Gorgon here.

    For reference:



    He's the big guy with the sunglasses and sword on his back.

    ...
    See... This part where you are going on the assumption that no one except you knows anything about Gorgon, and you have to school them?

    It would be a lot more impressive it it have gone into Secret Warriors even a little bit. That's where he was really at his most capable.

    Past that?

    You need to realize that your own post is making a straight up bulletproof case for Gorgon being the perfect mutant for his specific place among the Captains.

    There is a perfectly logical reason that he is on the island and in the nation, and you just laid it out perfectly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    ...

    You don't take leaders of HYDRA seriously?

    ...
    Incorrect read of the post.

    Folks don't take this whole tangent you are trying drag things off on seriously. Whole other deal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    ...


    We're back to gaslighting, again.
    Anything but to discuss the implications of the books and how it's read, which are on topic since that's about the books. But it's only with things you disagree with, as others have done this and come to other conclusions and made up fanon memes without a murmur of complaint. Why is that? Apocalypse being a sex god is acceptable, but talking about his past and his current betrayals isn't?

    ...
    Again, that it not what's happening.

  10. #115
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    So, basically you're advocating for no natural reproduction through physical sexual activity amongst mutant?
    No, I'm saying that if a mutant whose mutations made natural reproduction impossible (like Rockslide, who lacks genitalia), they could have children if they wanted to.

    It's an option.
    Last edited by Glio; 07-01-2020 at 02:20 AM.

  11. #116
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    See... This part where you are going on the assumption that no one except you knows anything about Gorgon, and you have to school them?

    It would be a lot more impressive it it have gone into Secret Warriors even a little bit. That's where he was really at his most capable
    Most people know who these characters are and what they've done and simply don't care. You had your opportunity to tell me about Gorgon and dodged it, making any discussion about any activities these villains have done which make them dangerous to the community as being off-topic.

    Dismissing his entire problematic past as if it means nothing with how readers or Krakoa should trust him. You're not even saying single word about what I wrote, which is telling. I'd like to know how you feel about all his past actions, since they inform a large swath of his history before being on Krkaoa. Do you think his being a leader in the Hand and HYDRA is a negative?

    How is Gorgon's actions with the Secret Warriors supposed to help him with your argument? He chopped off Yo-Yo's arms, became a leader in HYDRA's council by von Strucker himself, and killed another member of the Secret Warriors because he wanted to kill a god (Phobos).

    Past that?

    You need to realize that your own post is making a straight up bulletproof case for Gorgon being the perfect mutant for his specific place among the Captains.
    How does that anything have to do with making him a Great Captain? And why should any of this make him any more trustworthy? Do you think Krakoa (the government) are super-villains, because that looks where you're going with this.

    There is a perfectly logical reason that he is on the island and in the nation, and you just laid it out perfectly.
    This is a very strange stance, you're making my argument for me that Gorgon shouldn't be trusted and that Krkao's hiring methods are very suspect.



    Incorrect read of the post.

    Folks don't take this whole tangent you are trying drag things off on seriously. Whole other deal.
    You're confirming everything I posted, it's quite bizarre. Talking about characters in the comics isn't a tangent.

    Again, that it not what's happening.
    Please, reply to my posts without the gaslighting or moving the goal posts.

  12. #117
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,905

    Default

    For starters, these repeated attempts a trying to set up a scenario where folks are doing something to you? Insisting on doing it repeatedly doesn't somehow actually make it the case.

    Folks just aren't that keen on entertaining a tangent that is largely based on a single person's version of what they believe is taking place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Please, reply to my posts without the gaslighting or moving the goal posts.
    Past that, each of your posts more completely cements why Gorgon is uniquely suited to his specific place among the Captains.

    Accounting for how completely you have made the case, there's not really much left to go over.

  13. #118
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,882

    Default

    Just popping to say... o--[A]--o is Zaddy!!!, Magneto is HAWTT!!! Selene is GILF!!! Gorgon is the SEXXX!!!

    No mere human can ever compare to that superior level of physical beauty and perfection...except T'Challa...but he is no mere human.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-01-2020 at 04:10 AM.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  14. #119
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    For starters, these repeated attempts a trying to set up a scenario where folks are doing something to you? Insisting on doing it repeatedly doesn't somehow actually make it the case.
    You've made my case for me. The fact you're avoiding engagement speaks volumes of how fragile your stance is. I don't even know what argument you're making, it's bizarre.

    Folks just aren't that keen on entertaining a tangent that is largely based on a single person's version of what they believe is taking place.
    This is just meaningless words, ignoring the fact it's ok to discuss a characters past and that we shouldn't trust them because. We never got around to the specifics of why you think they should trust Gorgon. It's heavily implied they should: because he's got a record of trying to kill super-heroes and SHIELD personnel?


    Past that, each of your posts more completely cements why Gorgon is uniquely suited to his specific place among the Captains.

    Accounting for how completely you have made the case, there's not really much left to go over.
    How? You haven't explained what requirements he fits to make a Great Captain, or what he did with the Secret Warriors shows this? One detail I forgot, he tried to kill Nick Fury in that plot. I have good news for you, Fenris was recently recruited by Shaw.



    The more HYDRA the merrier, right?

    There really isn't, thank you for proving my argument for me.

  15. #120
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,014

    Default

    Would you agree that the Avengers staged a coup in the United States to purge the elements of HYDRA and HAMMER they have in positions of authority, Steel Inquisitor?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •