Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Question about the bad futures

Apocalypse's future comes after that of the Sentinels', right? Was it ever explained what happened to the Sentinels and if Apocalypse was responsible for their disappearance and how he did it?

as far as I know ... no.
    I think that we can safely assume (w/ margin of error lol) that there were sentinels in some capacity, seeing as after Moira devoted her life explicitly to getting rid of their creators she failed . But what happened to them .... 'nother story
    tbf, I really need to reread hoxpox and have been putting it off for too long lol

Astonishing Member

I have this weird feeling ,perhaps Apocalypse somehow merged with Nimrod or was somehow appropriated by Nimrod,because although life 6 is different we know all lives are reset and more than likely same mutants re-exist so every homo novissima being blue clues me in that perhaps Apocalypse DNA was used to make humans live long.To me life 6 is basically life 9 but with extra centuries logged into the future.I find it hard to believe Apoc was just beaten by Nimrod, he has celestial technology basically technology humans master in life 6 hundreds of years in the future,so in life 9 he must have defeated Nimrod and then typical to his mo,went ahead to make humans in his image since he'd probably consider chandilar mutants as cowards who fled the star system to save their skin

Ultimate Member

It would be funky if someday a mutant came back from a *utopian* future, because 'I read about how awful it was for mutants pre-enlightenment, and I wanted to see if I could make it better, somehow...' instead of the eleventy-bleemth refugee from a craptacular dystopian future.

Of course it all goes horribly wrong, as they naively try to 'fix' things with no real understanding of the underlying issues...

Mark Waid attempted to unify all the bad futures in History of the Marvel Universe on a single timeline.

It doesn't work, you better not think about it too much.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I have this weird feeling ,perhaps Apocalypse somehow merged with Nimrod or was somehow appropriated by Nimrod,because although life 6 is different we know all lives are reset and more than likely same mutants re-exist so every homo novissima being blue clues me in that perhaps Apocalypse DNA was used to make humans live long.To me life 6 is basically life 9 but with extra centuries logged into the future.I find it hard to believe Apoc was just beaten by Nimrod, he has celestial technology basically technology humans master in life 6 hundreds of years in the future,so in life 9 he must have defeated Nimrod and then typical to his mo,went ahead to make humans in his image since he'd probably consider chandilar mutants as cowards who fled the star system to save their skin
    Speaking of...i feel like there could be an interesting story there with Chandilar mutants. Maybe they were from the breeding pens and sent there or whatever. Might be interesting ti see them return to earth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Speaking of...i feel like there could be an interesting story there with Chandilar mutants. Maybe they were from the breeding pens and sent there or whatever. Might be interesting ti see them return to earth
    Very true,I'm sure we'll get to see them for example if they borrow the ghost box idea of Astonishing X-Men that lets mutants from parallel worlds cross over.It would be cool to surprise us that for example Moira backed up her memories and mutation in a Shiar Golem on Chandilar out of Nimrod's reach,and though she died ,in one of her lives she has a failsafe(this Golem to prevent the collapse of reality if she dies in life 10 ergo the mention of 11th life is the hint of this by Destiny),would be even better if they say that Golem was hidden by the Shiar ,while they battle Sinister who was also smart and only had a dupe executed,while Sinister prime hid inside the Vault in Ecuador as it is revealed he created the children of the Vault as his own 'mutants' without Krakoa's knowledge and he released them when the time was right to destroy Nimrod and the Machine supremacy.Now he wants to get the ghost box technologies to cross into other lives of Moira to take over all reality before the Phalanx do
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-26-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Fantastic Member

Very true,I'm sure we'll get to see them for example if they borrow the ghost box idea of Astonishing X-Men that lets mutants from parallel worlds cross over.It would be cool to surprise us that for example Moira backed up her memories and mutation in a Shiar Golem on Chandilar out of Nimrod's reach,and though she died ,in one of her lives she has a failsafe,would be even better if they say that Golem was hidden by the Shiar ,while they battle Sinister who was also smart and only had a dupe executed,while Sinister prime hid inside the Vault in Ecuador as it is revealed he created the children of the Vault as his own 'mutants' without Krakoa's knowledge and he released them when the time was right to destroy Nimrod and the Machine supremacy.Now he wants to get the ghost box technologies to cross into other lives of Moira to take over all reality before the Phalanx do
    Yea love the Ghost box idea and Sinister having his own mutants sort of a master race type thing would be cool too. I like maybe the idea of thise mutants coming thru a ghost box in pursuit of Moira in order to kill her and have her reset the timeline.

Astonishing Member

Yea love the Ghost box idea and Sinister having his own mutants sort of a master race type thing would be cool too. I like maybe the idea of thise mutants coming thru a ghost box in pursuit of Moira in order to kill her and have her reset the timeline.
    Yeah all Sinister wants is to kill original Moira because she is now expendable as the Golem anchors reality,so he sends two scouts as recon ,one a power mimicking child of the vault, while the other is a Fury(advanced shapeshifting nimrod) to kill her.We have a real Terminator saga in the X-Men.With a special unit of mutants sworn to secrecy by Xavier to protect Moira a good lineup would be Mercury,Dust,Vanisher,Triage,Hellion and Selene herself to raise the stakes.It would be epic,have them shield her across the world from these two assassins and when the assassins finally fail ,a whole team of Children of the vault is sent. You can even raise the stakes further by saying Sinister himself is serving none other than The First Fallen an entity that as you know is attempting to handpick his chosen for a realm he stocks with species from all over the universe while the Phalanx work as his planet destroyers once his chosen are collected

Fantastic Member

Yeah all Sinister wants is to kill original Moira because she is now expendable as the Golem anchors reality,so he sends two scouts as recon ,one a power mimicking child of the vault, while the other is a Fury(advanced shapeshifting nimrod) to kill her.We have a real Terminator saga in the X-Men.With a special unit of mutants sworn to secrecy by Xavier to protect Moira a good lineup would be Mercury,Dust,Vanisher,Triage,Hellion and Selene herself to raise the stakes.It would be epic,have them shield her across the world from these two assassins and when the assassins finally fail ,a whole team of Children of the vault is sent. You can even raise the stakes further by saying Sinister himself is serving none other than The First Fallen an entity that as you know is attempting to handpick his chosen for a realm he stocks with species from all over the universe while the Phalanx work as his planet destroyers once his chosen are collected
    I like the deep dive there....isnt the First Fallen from Claremonts Uncanny? I for got about all that but it woupd make since for Sinister's actions and all

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would be funky if someday a mutant came back from a *utopian* future, because 'I read about how awful it was for mutants pre-enlightenment, and I wanted to see if I could make it better, somehow...' instead of the eleventy-bleemth refugee from a craptacular dystopian future.

Of course it all goes horribly wrong, as they naively try to 'fix' things with no real understanding of the underlying issues...
    That would be nice to see, yeah. Maybe someone from MC2, since that's the one major Marvel alternate future I know where things actually improved, at least somewhat, instead of just going down the usual nihilistic death spiral.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    Apocalypse's future comes after that of the Sentinels', right? Was it ever explained what happened to the Sentinels and if Apocalypse was responsible for their disappearance and how he did it?
    I think in the Apocalypse future, there was actually an age of peace first! This is an alternate Earth! Something on that world (where Rachel ended up when she was lost in the timestream) caused the mutants and humans to unite fully against a greater threat! Eventually something broke out several hundred years later and the entire world was thrown into war, probably some leader who felt they should rule or something! Apocalypse woke up and took advantage of the chaos to bring a whole bunch of mutants to his side with the intention of subjugating the entire planet! The Apocalypse Empire was only a few 100 years old when Rachel arrived! Apocalypse was actually in hibernation on when she arrived and his acolytes were running everything!

The Askani timeline occurs in the late 37th or 39th century! I believe Apocalypse empire has lasted for about 300 years at that point, so he came to power sometime in the 34th or 35th centuries! 3400 to 3500

So between 2500 and 3300 everything fell apart after the age of peace ended and the global war started!

This is Earth 4935, and the Rachel who appeared there is still 811 Rachel, she was just lost in the timestream for 2000ish years!
    Then to save 616 Nathan, she brought him to Earth 4935 to the current time period so she could use future technology and her knowledge of Apocalypse' advanced tech to make it possible for Nathan to survive!

I think the big thing to remember here is that this is far in the future, and before the global wars occurred, there was a long period of peace on Earth 4935 because something caused mutants and humans on that world to unite with each other! Maybe they got invaded by the Phalanx or Brood and they decided to ally together to stop the alien threat!

It's not recorded in canon why things fell apart, or if Apocalypse maybe sent out his four horseman to stir things up to cause a war to end the long period of peace!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Great idea!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

I like the deep dive there....isnt the First Fallen from Claremonts Uncanny? I for got about all that but it woupd make since for Sinister's actions and all
    Yes it was Claremont uncanny X-Men #472- #474 in 2006 I think. Yes and Sinister always striving for some perfect creation absolutely fits in First Fallen's entire ethos

Fantastic Member

Yes it was Claremont uncanny X-Men #472- #474 in 2006 I think. Yes and Sinister always striving for some perfect creation absolutely fits in First Fallen's entire ethos
    Yea thats for sure an interesting premise. It might go some way into explaining more about Moira too. Maybe her rewound reincarnation powers are reality warping and basically reset a whole universe and timeline. Or maybe her powers allow her to be reincarnated reborn and exist in multiple parallel universes and of course she retains her knowledge from all. Being able to be reborn in parallel universes would certainly lend itself to maybe the Benevolence group from Life 9 using a ghost box and coming into the current timeline however if it's that she changes all reality around her and resets everything on a universal scale then we'd have to find someway to explain how some mutants could survive (I guess if there was a way to exist outside of tine and space for them) but that would lend itself to some wanting to kill her to reset their own dismal future