Red face Joe Quesada Talks with Christopher Priest: Past, Present, Future

Joe Quesada talks to former Marvel editor and writer Christopher Priest (J. Owsley) on a range of topics, comics industry and beyond:
    Some Marvel related highlights touched on are his tenure editing the Spider-Man titles, writing work on Conan the Barbarian, Black Panther, Power Man/Iron Fist, Captain America and more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BModvRbmLBw

At one point, Quesada makes a casual mention that he and Priest haven't worked on as writer/artist on an actual issue or arc, beyond covers of his work. Who knows whether anything would come of that. But the overall talk is fun and educational.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 06-29-2020 at 03:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Joe Quesada talks to former Marvel editor and writer Christopher Priest (J. Owsley) on a range of topics, comics industry and beyond:
    Some Marvel related highlights touched on are his tenure editing the Spider-Man titles, writing work on Conan the Barbarian, Black Panther, Power Man/Iron Fist, Captain America and more.

At one point, Quesada makes a casual mention that he and Priest haven't worked on as writer/artist on an actual issue or arc, beyond covers of his work. Who knows whether anything would come of that. But the overall talk is fun and educational.
    What do they talk about Spider-Man?

Did they talk about the actual British writer whose name Mr. Owsley swiped?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

Sounds like a good conversation, though like Revolutionary_Jack, I'm curious as to what they specifically discussed when it came to Spider-Man. Come to think of it, if I recall right, Priest/Owsley wasn't exactly warm to the idea of Peter and Mary Jane getting married, and what Quesada did in regards to that marriage twenty years later is something that goes without saying, even if it'll live forever in infamy for many a Spider-Man fan (myself included). Beyond that, I'll admit I'd appreciate his overall thoughts on having written and edited the Spider-Man line, given time and distance.
    The spider is always on the hunt.