Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I want to create a villain, similar to how Devastation was created, but this I will call:

Night Terror

She was created by The Goddess of The Night Nyx (sister of Gaia), empowered by her and given some sets of powers that Diana does not possess, making her a truly formidable enemy and match. Just look at her list of children: https://www.greeklegendsandmyths.com...en-of-nyx.html

or we can keep Devastation but Nyx and the rest of her children empowered instead of the lame god versions that came out of Chronus.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

My updated Dark Angel. Dark Angel is immortal witch, Medea from Greek mythology, who went insane after Jason left her, and she murdered her children. Insistent that one of her daughters soul was reincarnated into Diana, and the other into Donna, she’s bound and determined to destroy them in order to keep torturing her ex husband.

I'd combine Hercules and the First Born. After the Amazons overthrow Hercules, he's sent to his supposed eternal punishment or imprisonment by the Gods (who do it more to prevent the prophecy of him overthrowing Olympus than what he did to the Amazons). He's called the First Born from there on out as form of Damnatio memoriae (damn his name and memory) and how he's referred to by the Amazons.

Would probably just make him maybe the first bastard kid Zeus had so that's how he gets the name "The First Born" or maybe actually keep him as Zeus and Hera's first kid and the later myths about him being a bastard child of Zeus were re-writes as another way of damning his memory/legacy.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-05-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'd combine Hercules and the First Born. After the Amazons overthrow Hercules, he's sent to his supposed eternal punishment or imprisonment by the Gods (who do it more to prevent the prophecy of him overthrowing Olympus than what he did to the Amazons). He's called the First Born from there on out as form of Damnatio memoriae (damn his name and memory) and how he's referred to by the Amazons.

Would probably just make him maybe the first bastard kid Zeus had so that's how he gets the name "The First Born" or maybe actually keep him as Zeus and Hera's first kid and the later myths about him being a bastard child of Zeus were re-writes as another way of damning his memory/legacy.
    This prompted me to realize that while I used to be very resistant to the idea, I've gradually come around to digging the idea of Hercules being her #2 arch enemy behind Cheetah. He wouldn't be quite as directly personal for Diana as Barbara Ann, but he's probably the best representation of the evil toxic entitled aggression she must fight against, and he's a major figure in the history of the Amazons. So he'd be #2, with Veronica Cale, Circe and Psycho rounding out her top 5 enemies (in that order).

Plus he'd at least be better than other attempts at giving her a male arch enemy like Max Lord or the First Born because at least he's a Golden Age villain. And Ares doesn't quite work as an ongoing arch enemy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This prompted me to realize that while I used to be very resistant to the idea, I've gradually come around to digging the idea of Hercules being her #2 arch enemy behind Cheetah. He wouldn't be quite as directly personal for Diana as Barbara Ann, but he's probably the best representation of the evil toxic entitled aggression she must fight against, and he's a major figure in the history of the Amazons. So he'd be #2, with Veronica Cale, Circe and Psycho rounding out her top 5 enemies (in that order).

Plus he'd at least be better than other attempts at giving her a male arch enemy like Max Lord or the First Born because at least he's a Golden Age villain. And Ares doesn't quite work as an ongoing arch enemy anymore.
    I used to be the same way, re-reading through Azz’s run again recently I think I’d have liked First Born more and it would have more “oomph” if it was Hercules rather than a Kratos-wannabe.

I mostly agree on Ares, I think he worked best in the modern age as villain in Rucka’s first run. Which he was more villainous-neutral than anything else and more Athena’s enemy. I think he mostly just snarked at Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I used to be the same way, re-reading through Azz’s run again recently I think I’d have liked First Born more and it would have more “oomph” if it was Hercules rather than a Kratos-wannabe.

I mostly agree on Ares, I think he worked best in the modern age as villain in Rucka’s first run. Which he was more villainous-neutral than anything else and more Athena’s enemy. I think he mostly just snarked at Diana.
    Ares I think works better as an opposition to Diana's patrons (either if it's just Aphrodite and Athena, or with Artemis, Demeter and Hestia added to their ranks) than Wonder Woman herself. They are manipulating events behind the scenes, and all of them can be capricious. For personal direct conflicts, the regular enemies should be Cheetah, Hercules, Veronica, Psycho, Villainy Inc, etc.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

A slight revamp/update I would make would be to Cheetah/Barbara Minerva. Yes, her being cursed to turn into a Cheetah is great and all but I feel like it is limiting in the long run. Since she is Diana's "Lex Luthor" or "Joker", I'd have her end up gaining the ability to "tame the beast" and transform between her human/cheetah form like Demona was cursed to do in Gargoyles.

Barbara is able to have a lot more influence in Diana's day2day life if she can walk down the street casually. When she's ready to rumble, she turns into Cheetah.

Yeah, they should find a way to "lessen" her curse so she can transform back to human for short periods.

I don't think she should have control of when it stops and she morphs back though, I think it would 100% be a curse with drawbacks. If she could control it may give her what she wanted initially when she sought out the power, there should always be something about the Cheetah situation that she absolutely hates. But with some temporary spurts of "relief," she can clear her head enough to come up with more dangerous schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Ares I think works better as an opposition to Diana's patrons (either if it's just Aphrodite and Athena, or with Artemis, Demeter and Hestia added to their ranks) than Wonder Woman herself. They are manipulating events behind the scenes, and all of them can be capricious. For personal direct conflicts, the regular enemies should be Cheetah, Hercules, Veronica, Psycho, Villainy Inc, etc.
    Yeah, I think he's best as some overarching Bigger Bad. Kind of in a cosmic chess game with Athena and the other Goddesses.

Perez's Gods and Mortals is probably the most you can do with Ares as a one-on-one active villain, so probably wasn't a coincidence Perez didn't use him that much after.

Giganta

Appearance: She gets an "upgrade" from Dr. Cyber making her far stronger and far more durable than she typically is, which causes her appearance to change. Think if the ARMORED and FEMALE Titan from Attack on Titan had a baby...

These 2 combined.

Origin: Doris Zeul was a scientist working under Dr. Cyber and Veronica Cale at Cale industries. She was afflicted with a deadly virus and searched for a cure. After Wonder Woman stopped a giant attack on Gateway city, Doris managed to take samples of giant blood in order to find a cure. After some time she created what she believed to be a cure, however Doris was incautious and running out of time and did not properly test it. She injected herself with it and caused her to turn into her Giganta form. In time she learned to control and use her new found power to further her research. After a while she joined GodWatch and made part of her life's goal to stop Wondy, this is when she under went her "upgrades" from Cyber.
    Last edited by Perseus; 12-13-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Dr. Poison - Using a mix of the Golden Age, the 2017 movie, and Rebirth as a basis, Diana first encounters Maru during one of the World Wars but with Diana remaining active up to the present day I'd also make Maru survive also using a variety of chemicals and gasses she's developed to extend her life, sort of as a sick twist on Diana and the Amazon's usual immortality. Her traditional costume also functions as a life-support suit similar to Darth Vader's armor only with maybe a WW1-like gas mask covering the head.

I'd also keep the mercenary Poison from Rucka's run but that would be her granddaughter who acts as her field agent.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Villainy Inc.

Doctor Cyber—Adrianna and Cale, searching for tech to add to their arsenal to come across some left over Coluan tech from a battle between Superman, and Brainiac. It turns out to be imbued with the Computer Tyrants software, which grafts itself to Adrianna’s soul, boosting her processing power to that of the Coluan Brainiacs, as well as the ability to take control of any form of tech that’s within her sphere of influence. Cale and Cyber go to work on building their empire, infiltrating government systems, and building a space station that can phase slightly out of alignment with this reality, making it undetectable but to Cale and Cyber. They would begin forming their own version of Villainy Inc.

Apex—geared with the Angle Man tech, Valentina Bianci was a former prima ballerina who after a debilitating injury caused by a battle Wonder Woman was involved in, blamed everything on Diana. With the promise to be able to dance once more, and exact revenge, Valentina gleefully accepted the Angle tech to be permanently grafted to her body and nervous system.

Doctor Poison—current version

Blue Snowman—Byrna Brilyant, now a trans man, who developed the ability to freeze anything she touches, as well as the ambient energy in her vicinity, causing physical pain, and frostbite, as well as just freezing people in blocks of ice by just blowing in their direction.

Queen Clea—an immortal water goddess, who was deposed due to a battle set in the past, where Wonder Woman had traveled through time in order to save the current reality.

Jinx—current version

Swiss army nerd

Captain Nazi

Just as the Nazis cobbled together their identity by stealing pieces of other cultures and beliefs through the ages, Captain Nazi will appear to have the power of Norse gods, framing himself as the white western European ubermench. He's a spear-wielding, lightning throwing powerhouse with the strength of Thor. But, just like the Nazis, he's have stolen this power, made dark bargains with magical entitles to bind the power of these deities to himself. He's not a chosen one, he's a thief, a racist, a liar, a coward, a monster and a bully.

And he's popular. The alt-right's favourite superhero, going by "The Norseman", Captain Nazi is building a profile in a push for legitimacy, his true identity a secret to all but his inner circle, so by the time he rips open his shirt to reveal a damn swastika, he already has a cult-like support base. It'd be Diana vs lies, intolerance, hate and violence given form. My money's on the one with the lasso.

Another idea for White Magician: A centuries old sorcerer who framed women during the Salem Witch Trials and currently is a religious fundamentalist who uses his powers to silence protesters and critics of him and his church.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Another idea for White Magician: A centuries old sorcerer who framed women during the Salem Witch Trials and currently is a religious fundamentalist who uses his powers to silence protesters and critics of him and his church.
    I like this, different magic-based enemy who isn't tied to any notable mythology like Greek. Reminds me of Deacon Blackfire from Batman: The Cult.