Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Incredible Member

As far as revamps go, this is for anyone who watched Wonder Woman 1984 and a classic villain was mentioned. I'm not sure if it's okay to mention publicly so I'm putting it in spoiler tabs:

spoilers:
    What do you think of revamping Duke of Deception of a reality warper who grants wishes to cause chaos. He can still be an agent of Ares, and he would have a legitimate reason to target Diana and her friends. Make him an extremely handsome and charming man who is constantly trying to trick people into wishing for things in their worst interests.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    As far as revamps go, this is for anyone who watched Wonder Woman 1984 and a classic villain was mentioned. I'm not sure if it's okay to mention publicly so I'm putting it in spoiler tabs:

spoilers:
    What do you think of revamping Duke of Deception of a reality warper who grants wishes to cause chaos. He can still be an agent of Ares, and he would have a legitimate reason to target Diana and her friends. Make him an extremely handsome and charming man who is constantly trying to trick people into wishing for things in their worst interests.
    end of spoilers
    I think it could be cool though I think I’d add something like from LOWW where he possess the body of a willing mortal to interact Witt the world.

Crazy to me that no one has tried to revamp Red Panzer or Minister Blizzard. Johns of all people teased an extremely cool concept for both that were never picked up on:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Crazy to me that no one has tried to revamp Red Panzer or Minister Blizzard. Johns of all people teased an extremely cool concept for both that were never picked up on:

Late 90s Titans did revamp Red Panzer as a legacy character and enemy of Donna Troy.

Priscilla Rich - Many years ago a wealthy woman dressed like a cheetah and was throw in Arkham Asylum after she became crazy when she found out about an unknown secret that ties to a big DC villain or big threat

Deborah Domaine - A descendent to Priscilla who makes a deal with Dy. Cyber/Villain Inc. or Lex Luthor/LoD and they build her a cybernetic cheetah suit and she helps them with what info was left behind by Priscilla. (I don't know who gives her the suit it depends on I guess who Minerva is currently aligned with and also thinking about the suit channeling the Speed Force to give a multi JL threat)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'd have the handsome appearance be another façade. His true form would look as old and decrepit as his Golden Age appearance.
    end of spoilers

It may be too late for Dr. Cyber (as they still use her and connect her to Cale), however I'd have her be her own threat. Her first story Cylvia would be the bond villainess she started as and in a fight with Wonder Woman in robotic armor (think Iron Man) she gets fried...and her mental consciousness in now digitized. While she still has goals of taking over the world she still wants to take Wonder Woman's body. (There, Justice League level threat...but still targets her specific hero)
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 01-06-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Geof Johns plugged Myrina (a real-world, mythical Amazon) into WW continuity, as if she'd been there, since the Fifties, ..and I think that was as gutsy, as it was pragmatic. It was forward, because globally focused, savvy Myrina solves a problem, ..filling in the decades-deep vacuum of editorial WASTE that has left the WW comic, without a proper, viable and respectable archenemy.

And following Johns's logic, making the 52 DC Comics Universe, a Darkseid-focused narrative, ..Grail being the daughter of Darkseid AND proxy archenemy, Myrina Black, gives pre-movie Wonder Woman everything she needs to stand on par, with the most successful properties in the DCU.

Bringing Myrina, back to the comic in some big, shocking way - even retconning her in, disguised as other villains - would be a timely remedy to WW's chronic arch-villain problem. Comparatively speaking, even the Mod-inspired, 1974 telefilm have us a renegade Amazon, for the prospective arch nasty. Be it Super Woman, Nubia, Silver Swan or the Baroness, Diana's best antagonist has typically been another wonder-woman. As I see it, a new Myrina Black, with a long history of enmity with Diana, is perfect casting.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-02-2021 at 09:07 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Incredible Member

frost.jpg

I know people like the idea of Blue Snowman being a sillier Wonder Woman villain, but I think she could be a serious foe. I like the idea of a design that's similar to Mortal Kombat 11's Frost. More cyborg-like the image above. I think I would simply add a helmet to make the character more gender-neutral. But something like this could help the Blue Snowman be taken more seriously, plus I think this is a great basis for a strong visual aesthetic in contrast to Wonder Woman.

Some ideas for the other people who've had the Cheetah namesake.

Sebastian Ballesteros: Head of an Urzkartaga environmentalist doomsday cult with Debbie Domaine as a recruit/henchwoman. I'd also remove Urzkartarga's connections to the Cheetah mythos (Mafdet would be the one who curses Barbara with that).

Giganta: ape turned into woman or woman turned into ape turned into a woman later turned into a giantess?

Mighty Member

For Dr. Psycho... would it be better to change him from a dwarf, to simply a man of less than average height?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    For Dr. Psycho... would it be better to change him from a dwarf, to simply a man of less than average height?
    Probably just port over the Earth One version and imply something like a Napoleon Complex.

The ugly dwarf look is visually distinct and makes him instantly recognizable in a crowd of villains. I don't really see any benefits in changing it.

Not entirely a revamp but had the idea of similar to Bloodlines, Dr. Cyber having a metallic body she can interact with the world in but the suit is made from the same metal as Diana's bracelets, like the Dark Troopers from The Mandalorian, so she could go toe-to-toe with Diana when she needs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not entirely a revamp but had the idea of similar to Bloodlines, Dr. Cyber having a metallic body she can interact with the world in but the suit is made from the same metal as Diana's bracelets, like the Dark Troopers from The Mandalorian, so she could go toe-to-toe with Diana when she needs too.
    Yes! A Doctor Cyber in a body, forged from Zeus's aegis...great story! Marriage of sorcery and technology--that's a great concept for the Wonderverse, where classical Amazons fly around in invisible fighter jets. Furthermore, as much as this techno-totalitarian villainess - a female Vader - is a thematic nemesis for the leading lady, it would make Cyber a perfect physical match for Wonder Woman.

This is why we love Gaius!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-13-2021 at 09:22 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!