Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Yeah, not sure why Rucka didn't just make her Sylvia Anderson instead of changing her first name for no reason.
    As far as the character writing and concepts of the revamp go, I LOVE Adrianna. Doubly so if we give her the design from Bloodlines. But yeah, seems kind of pointless when he kept Dr. Poison as Maru.

Silver Swan - Combining elements from the title holders. Helen Alexandros was granted the powers and beauty from Ares, or one his children like Eris, but were taken away upon her failures and fell in with Veronica Cale or Villainy Inc that gave her the body horror modifications to simulate the powers as much as mortal technology can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Silver Swan - Combining elements from the title holders. Helen Alexandros was granted the powers and beauty from Ares, or one his children like Eris, but were taken away upon her failures and fell in with Veronica Cale or Villainy Inc that gave her the body horror modifications to simulate the powers as much as mortal technology can.
    I liked the proper and mystical, Ares-powered Silver Swan, and think it is a shame that she wasn't given a fair chance, at being used, as Diana's archenemy, ..for some of the reasons I discussed in my revamp of Clea. I maintain that, Diana being such a physical character, could benefit from a physical match - not in strength levels, ..but, in the physical expression of her villainy.

It might be a clever turn to find Veronica Cale has been Ares's Silver Swan, all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Basically, First Born is the Kurgan. For my money, that's perfecto, because as I see it, the modern Diana is a female Highlander, with the Amazon backstory, mission and powers, attached. I think her archenemy should be a physical match for Diana, determined to subjugate all living things to her service ..and have a mystical background, similar to hers. I differ only in that my Kurgan would...must be a woman, and Queen Clea is tailor-made for the role.
    The Kurgan, whom I envision as the model for a new Clea, ..is a character in the Highlander TV shows and movie universe. Hope all of you will take a look at the link, if you don't know anything about Highlander...just takes a second.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-11-2020 at 12:15 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

This would be ideal. They really should go back to Helen Alexandros or make a fourth Swan. Vanessa just doesn't work as a recurring villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    This would be ideal. They really should go back to Helen Alexandros or make a fourth Swan. Vanessa just doesn't work as a recurring villain.
    Yeah, I liked the original Vanessa/Silver Swan storyline turn but it only worked because it was building on real history and even then, she had very limited shelf life.

Yeah, I liked the original Vanessa/Silver Swan storyline turn but it only worked because it was building on real history and even then, she had very limited shelf life.
    Let me understand this - are you musing that Veronica, in service to Ares, ..creates a Silver Swan creature (maybe, using a human subject) to replace a magical, Ares-powered Swan? Does Veronica create Silver Swan armor for herself? Either way, I am intrigued!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-11-2020 at 05:59 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I would like to see Ares restored to his Martian fortress and base camp, ..and to see Silver Swan, with Duke of Deception (etc), re-introduced, as part of his quirky, Dune-ish Court of Mars. It wouldn't be the physical planet Mars (and never was), ..but, a metaphysical planet, which resembles Mars.

The Court of Mars, as I imagine it, would include Ares's herald, the Silver Swan, Minister Strife, the Duke of Deception, the Earl of Greed, Count Conquest, a new Crimson Centipede, twin Archons Deimos and Phobos. Each would govern some portion of this spectral Mars, reflecting their personalities, and each would be tasked with tormenting Diana and attacking Earth, ..in some symbolically unique, quirky way. Ares would preside over it all, most frequently as a gigantic, menacing apparition, always appearing in time to condemn Diana and her loyalists to bizarre fates, worse than death!

No Circe...no Lyta! Circe is her own thing, ruler of mystical Planet Sorca ..and the terrible Zardor orc armies, abducted from Sorca's moon, by Circe, and forced to serve her, ..under threat of instant asphyxiation, in Sorca's toxic atmosphere. Wonder Woman doesn't have enough quality enemies to start marrying them off to each other, and mixing one's peanut butter, with another's chocolate. Ares is his own thing, with his own world and related characters, ..and Circe is her own.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-25-2020 at 03:59 PM.

The Mask - I'd give her superpowers. A woman with split personality and bondage kink just doesn't sound like a real threat to Wonder Woman. So in my version instead of having a split personality she's actually possessed by demon who resides in the Japanese Hannya mask which grants her various demonic powers.

The Duke of Deception isn't Ares's son. In reality, he is denizen of another realm where every concept is given life. The more abstract the concept, the more powerful they are. The Duke is the personification of lies and his presence is responsible for the numerous contradictions and revisions of Diana's world.

I think WW comic rogues need further development, more than revamping.

Not a revamp, but I'd love to add Johnny Sorrow to her rouges list. Sort of on again off again thing between her and JLD.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Not a revamp, but I'd love to add Johnny Sorrow to her rouges list. Sort of on again off again thing between her and JLD.
    Perfect creepy, quirky enemy for Wonder Woman ..and Hawkman. I think Wonder Woman needs more weird, quirky super-villains, like Queen of Fables, who are also very, very powerful.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-28-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    If we're adding people to Diana's rogue gallery, I would actually love for Everyman to become a consistent rogue. There's a precedent of him working with Circe, and I think Diana needs a shapeshifter in her rogue gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    If we're adding people to Diana's rogue gallery, I would actually love for Everyman to become a consistent rogue. There's a precedent of him working with Circe, and I think Diana needs a shapeshifter in her rogue gallery.
    She already does actually. Circe.

Everyman might work best for the more underpowered characters.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She already does actually. Circe.

Everyman might work best for the more underpowered characters.
    And theres Kung who can transform into animals