Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 108
  1. #91
    The Last Dragon masterwitcher88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    304

    Default

    I was thinking of updating Angleman to be this small time Crook but, he wields one of the most dangerous magical weapons in the universe. The "Triangle" controls all the angles right? so that would be like all the dimensions of the universe; length, width, height, maybe even time. Maybe he can open holes in reality or even blackholes. However, he only uses its power for small theft and bank heists. Other villains could seek him out or try and take its power, but "he knows all the angles".
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

  2. #92

    Default

    I'd probably make Max Lord and Doctor Psycho the same person. I was thinking he used his powers to create an idealized persona.

  3. #93
    Mighty Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    While not villains, had the idea of building off what Rucka did in his first run along with some ideas from New 52 and American Gods of re-imagining some of the Olympians has taken over more modern roles, with the first generation of Olympians (Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, Hera, etc) having been long supplanted by the kids by the time of Diana's entry to Man's World. Some ideas such as:

    Athena - New head of Olympus
    Ares - God of Conflict, new King of the Underworld
    Apollo - Science and Technology
    Hermes - Commerce or Capitalism
    Dionysus - Modern entertainment and celebrity culture.
    etc
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-09-2020 at 10:04 PM.

  4. #94
    The Last Dragon masterwitcher88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Minister Blizzard, same motivation of wanting a second ice age and same personality, but the king of ice demons instead of a mortal man. With far more unique and overpowering ice abilities; like dropping the temperature of an area a few thousand degrees in seconds or being able to mirror hop between snowflakes or creating island sized glaciers.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

  5. #95
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,662

    Default

    Eviless- leads a cult that travelled through a portal through Hell through the other side which ended up on one of Saturn's moons, from which they found derelict alien technology. Their armor and weapons are derived from the tech they stole. Seeks to bring about Hell on Earth for her master Mephistopheles. Like Seeley's revamp, she can sprout black wings and act as a necromancer. Her minions are the Devil Men, men and women in demonic looking red armor. She has the black suit with red trim to stand out from them.

    Blakfu- the Tartarus dwelling newest offspring of Echidna. Rules the monsters in Doom's Doorway. Much like the original Blakfu, he is blind but his other senses more than make up for it and he's as strong as an Amazon. Design wise, I'd go for something that evokes Calibos from the original Clash of the Titans movie.

    Hypnota- A rakshasi from Hindu myth. Has a human disguise from which she can still access her blue mind beam, but can also morph into a strong four-armed battle mode with fangs and claws.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 09-23-2020 at 07:42 PM.

  6. #96
    Mighty Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    Osira - The basic concept of an alien posing as a god to ancient humans who seeks revenge in the modern day doesn't need much revamping. Think the only change I'd make would be the people who originally imprisoned her were the Bana-Midghall, so she could potentially be a villain for Artemis also.

    Thought have maybe moving her to different region/religion as "Ancient Aliens in Egypt" is a pretty worn out cliche and DC's Egypt already is pretty crowded with Black Adam, the Hawks, and Dr. Fate. Though that'd be rather hard with the name.
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-23-2020 at 08:53 PM.

  7. #97
    The Comixeur Mel Dyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,481

    Default

    I guess I'd love to see Diana's archier-villains be the ruler of their own little world, like Darkseid or Doctor Doom...Ming the Merciless. maybe, that could be a revamp for Clea.

  8. #98
    Astonishing Member Mutant God's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    While not villains, had the idea of building off what Rucka did in his first run along with some ideas from New 52 and American Gods of re-imagining some of the Olympians has taken over more modern roles, with the first generation of Olympians (Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, Hera, etc) having been long supplanted by the kids by the time of Diana's entry to Man's World. Some ideas such as:

    Athena - New head of Olympus
    Ares - God of Conflict, new King of the Underworld
    Apollo - Science and Technology
    Hermes - Commerce or Capitalism
    Dionysus - Modern entertainment and celebrity culture.
    etc
    The New Olympians (Zeus, Hera, Poseidon are now living on New Genesis, Hades lives on Apokolips):
    I could see Hercules being the new All Father of the Olympians with also being the father of Cassie and/or Diana
    Hippolyta is secretly the new All-Mother/Goddess of motherhood
    Circe forced to be Goddess of Death/Underworld
    Clea is Goddess of the sea
    Skeeter: Hey time traveling O5 members of the X-Men We don't take kindly to people who create a time paradox around here!

    Bartender: Now calm down Skeeter they aint hurtin nobody.

    Skeeter: No! I wanna know som'in from the "O5" How come you cant go back to your own timeline in the first place and how come when Reed Richards "fixed" the universe you wasnt put back and how come the changes that happn to you dont happn to your present day selves?

    Bartender: Skeeter I dont want trouble

  9. #99
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,375

    Default

    Dr. Domino is definitely my choice for the kingpin of crime in Diana’s fictional city.

  10. #100
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,375

    Default

    I’ve also jotted down some potential storylines that reintroduce The Mask, Kung, the Purple Priestess, Wade Dazzle, Eros, and the Queen of Darkness.

    I love reading the stories of one-off villains and then revamping them for inclusion in the contemporary title. Some the characters I mentioned fall into that category.

  11. #101
    The Last Dragon masterwitcher88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

    Hypnota- A rakshasi from Hindu myth. Has a human disguise from which she can still access her blue mind beam, but can also morph into a strong four-armed battle mode with fangs and claws.
    I was thinking that she could run a casino that travels the universe gathering people to feed on. She keeps them there with her powers but lures them there with the casino allure. IDK I just think a casino owner style villain and aesthetic would really cool.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

  12. #102
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Giganta: Queen of giants.

    DR. Cyber: Militant Antitheist, and the head of an antitheist organization.
    Iíve been thinking about Cyber as Anti-theist again, and the more I think about it the more I like it. For one it elevates her from being just a crook with tech, to being a truly dangerous foe for Diana in particular, and DCís magical world in general. One of Wonderwomanís biggest issues is the fact that her characters donít get much good play out side of Dianaís book. Casting Dr. Cyber as essentially an anti magic character gives Wonderwoman a villain other then cheetah that can get believable play outside of her interactions with Diana. I could imagine a story where Cyber and her organization go after Justice league dark, or try and destroy the helmet of Fate etc. to me she becomes far more formidable when her motivation are cast in that light.

  13. #103
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    312

    Default

    I like to keep in clean, and not too messy in criss-crossing enemy origins, my choice still remains Devastation as the the most powerful enemy and true equal of WW:

    Divine Empowerment

    Superhuman Strength: Granted by Titan Devastation is literally as strong as the Earth because of her link to the planet granted to her by Titan. She has the strength equal to Wonder Woman. It is obvious her strength is magical in nature, given her height and weight. Devastation is known to be one of the strongest beings on the planet. With her superhuman strength and superior fighting abilities, she has proven to be able to take on Wonder Woman and other members of the Justice League in combat.
    Superhuman Durability: Granted by Titan. Devastation, possesses a high resistance to damage and magical attacks. She has withstood considerable bludgeoning damage in the form of hand to hand combat with opponents such as Wonder Woman. She has considerable resistance to human weaponry, though this is not absolute. Bullets can cause minor to moderate injury, but never life threatening. And her ability to heal rapidly, makes up for this set back. She can easily survive under extreme pressures, cold and heat. Born of the clay of Themyscira, and given life and divine powers by the gods themselves, Devastation has heightened resistance to magical attacks. As a divine creation herself, she is far-less susceptible to manipulation by magic and mental attack than many of her fellow heroes. Devastation is self-sufficient in that she doesn't have to eat and can go without sleep. She is also capable of holding her breath under water, for hours and hours on end.
    Flight: Granted by Harrier. Devastation is capable of unassisted flight through as of yet unknown means, most probably magical or telekinesis. She is capable aerial combatant. Devastation is capable of flying at speeds of greater than escape velocity.
    Superhuman Speed: Granted by Harrier. She is able to think, react and move at superhuman speeds. Her top speed is high hypersonic. Devastation is most likely as fast as Wonder Woman.
    Superhuman Reflexes: Granted by Harrier. Devastation possesses reflex abilities similar to speedsters. She is able to keep up with Wonder Woman with ease. Devastation's reflexes are far beyond the limitations of the finest human athlete. She has been able to react to a barrage of gunfire from multiple opponents at once unharmed.
    Superhuman Agility: Devastation's agility is far beyond that of any Olympic level athlete, as is her balance and coordination.
    Superhuman Stamina: Devastation can last an indefinite amount of time in combat, and has held her own in combat with foes as powerful as a Wonder Woman. She is effectively tireless as her body produces no fatigue toxins.
    Accelerated Healing: Granted by Titan. Devastation, like the Earth constantly renewing herself, allowing her to quickly heal mild to moderate injuries at an amazing rate. Her normal regenerative abilities allow her to recover from injury within seconds to minutes. She possesses an incredible immunity from poisons, toxins, as well as disease.
    Earthquakes Generation
    Empathy: Blessed with gift of Empathy by Disdain. Devastation can alter the emotions of others and make them feel however she wishes. Disdain gave the gift of beauty and the ability to control emotions.
    Telepathy Oblivion gave her the gift to enter one's memory and shape it to her will. She is capable of even making those with a strong indomitable will succumb to her abilities. She has even broken through to those who claim they are "immune to telepathy and mental-based attacks".

    Abilities

    Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Slaughter gave the precision of the killer and the knowledge of the way to immediately kill any living thing. Devastation is the finest warrior. She is a master of armed and unarmed combat, proficient with nearly every weapon ever made and the exotic martial arts styles.
    Enhanced Intellect: Granted by Arch. Arch gave the gift of a cunning strategist's mind that flows like quicksilver. Devastation possesses great wisdom and intelligence, though the degree varies from author to author.
    Tactical Analysis: Granted by Arch. Devastation is also an accomplished strategist and tactician, trained in the arts of leadership, persuasion and diplomacy

    ....The only thing I will change is to get rid of her creators and choose more cooler sources from Greek mythology to create her, primarily by the Primordial Goddess Nyx and her children; many of which can give her the same set of powers.

  14. #104
    The Last Dragon masterwitcher88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    I like to keep in clean, and not too messy in criss-crossing enemy origins, my choice still remains Devastation as the the most powerful enemy and true equal of WW:

    Divine Empowerment

    Superhuman Strength: Granted by Titan Devastation is literally as strong as the Earth because of her link to the planet granted to her by Titan. She has the strength equal to Wonder Woman. It is obvious her strength is magical in nature, given her height and weight. Devastation is known to be one of the strongest beings on the planet. With her superhuman strength and superior fighting abilities, she has proven to be able to take on Wonder Woman and other members of the Justice League in combat.
    Superhuman Durability: Granted by Titan. Devastation, possesses a high resistance to damage and magical attacks. She has withstood considerable bludgeoning damage in the form of hand to hand combat with opponents such as Wonder Woman. She has considerable resistance to human weaponry, though this is not absolute. Bullets can cause minor to moderate injury, but never life threatening. And her ability to heal rapidly, makes up for this set back. She can easily survive under extreme pressures, cold and heat. Born of the clay of Themyscira, and given life and divine powers by the gods themselves, Devastation has heightened resistance to magical attacks. As a divine creation herself, she is far-less susceptible to manipulation by magic and mental attack than many of her fellow heroes. Devastation is self-sufficient in that she doesn't have to eat and can go without sleep. She is also capable of holding her breath under water, for hours and hours on end.
    Flight: Granted by Harrier. Devastation is capable of unassisted flight through as of yet unknown means, most probably magical or telekinesis. She is capable aerial combatant. Devastation is capable of flying at speeds of greater than escape velocity.
    Superhuman Speed: Granted by Harrier. She is able to think, react and move at superhuman speeds. Her top speed is high hypersonic. Devastation is most likely as fast as Wonder Woman.
    Superhuman Reflexes: Granted by Harrier. Devastation possesses reflex abilities similar to speedsters. She is able to keep up with Wonder Woman with ease. Devastation's reflexes are far beyond the limitations of the finest human athlete. She has been able to react to a barrage of gunfire from multiple opponents at once unharmed.
    Superhuman Agility: Devastation's agility is far beyond that of any Olympic level athlete, as is her balance and coordination.
    Superhuman Stamina: Devastation can last an indefinite amount of time in combat, and has held her own in combat with foes as powerful as a Wonder Woman. She is effectively tireless as her body produces no fatigue toxins.
    Accelerated Healing: Granted by Titan. Devastation, like the Earth constantly renewing herself, allowing her to quickly heal mild to moderate injuries at an amazing rate. Her normal regenerative abilities allow her to recover from injury within seconds to minutes. She possesses an incredible immunity from poisons, toxins, as well as disease.
    Earthquakes Generation
    Empathy: Blessed with gift of Empathy by Disdain. Devastation can alter the emotions of others and make them feel however she wishes. Disdain gave the gift of beauty and the ability to control emotions.
    Telepathy Oblivion gave her the gift to enter one's memory and shape it to her will. She is capable of even making those with a strong indomitable will succumb to her abilities. She has even broken through to those who claim they are "immune to telepathy and mental-based attacks".

    Abilities

    Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Slaughter gave the precision of the killer and the knowledge of the way to immediately kill any living thing. Devastation is the finest warrior. She is a master of armed and unarmed combat, proficient with nearly every weapon ever made and the exotic martial arts styles.
    Enhanced Intellect: Granted by Arch. Arch gave the gift of a cunning strategist's mind that flows like quicksilver. Devastation possesses great wisdom and intelligence, though the degree varies from author to author.
    Tactical Analysis: Granted by Arch. Devastation is also an accomplished strategist and tactician, trained in the arts of leadership, persuasion and diplomacy

    ....The only thing I will change is to get rid of her creators and choose more cooler sources from Greek mythology to create her, primarily by the Primordial Goddess Nyx and her children; many of which can give her the same set of powers.
    She's basically an evil Wondy mixed with Freddy Kruger.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

  15. #105
    The Comixeur Mel Dyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,481

    Default

    I think, if we look back to Wonder Woman's Golden Age premise, we will find that Cheetah is not her natural enemy, when compared to the Baroness, Clea and Ares. When we look back at the Bronze Age, I don't think you get much better, than Doctor Cyber, ..but, not much of a personality or character attached to the concept of her.

    My revamp of Doctor Cyber would be to create or recreate her, as a cybernetic, female Doctor Doom, with her own country and global ambitions. Maybe, she takes over the Rucka Cyber, separating it from the Anderson personality.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-18-2020 at 12:30 AM. Reason: clarity

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •