Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Duke of Deception - a British duke who obtains the powers of Dolos, a Greek spirit of deception. Instead of mind control I'd give him reality warping powers, to differentiate him from Psycho. I guess he could also be a relative of Barbara Minerva, but I'm not too fond of forcing a connection between villains that wasn't there from the start.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Duke of Deception - a British duke who obtains the powers of Dolos, a Greek spirit of deception. Instead of mind control I'd give him reality warping powers, to differentiate him from Psycho. I guess he could also be a relative of Barbara Minerva, but I'm not too fond of forcing a connection between villains that wasn't there from the start.
    I agree that the Duke needs reality-warping abilities. Diana seems to have too many telepathic/illusion casting villains, as is. Someone who represents the truth needs at least one villain who warps realities.

I was actually thinking of a Blue Snowman revamp. Dr. Billy Bryllant (I know Billy is the masculine spelling, but I truly despise the Billie spelling) works for Argus as the head of weapons development. Billy is talented at her job but feels constrained by Sasha Bourdeaux. Billy's developed a weapon called, Blue Snow. This is ice so cold that it can cut through all metals, does not melt in heat, and when enough of it is gathered in a Blue Snowman Machine, can actually drop temperatures so low that time itself is frozen. Billy knows this is an amazing weapon, but Sasha will not give her the funding to move forward with this program.

Enter, Maxwell Lord. He steals Billy and her Blue Snowman Program because he sees the chance to patent the weapon and makes an insane profit. This, however, angers Aegeus, Lord's president of weapons development with an emphasis in mythological weapons. He recognizes Billy's brilliance and sees her as a threat to his position in the company. As Billy is creating her Blue Snowman tech, including a mecha suit that allows her to control the Blue Snowmen robots and their blue snow ammunitions, Aegeus informs Sasha of Billy's treachery and where Billy and the Blue Snowmen are going to beta test Lord's brand new investment. Sasha is pissed and order her best soldier, Steve Trevor, to ensure that this is Billy's one and last mission as Blue Snowman.

Diana comes to the beta testing site as Blue Snowman and her robots and blue snow weapons are causing chaos in a small midwest town. Enough blue snow has accumalated there that the threat of time stopping and every living creature in the town could be trapped in a temporal stasis that would kill them if not rescued. Diana has a mission to save Billy. Wonder Woman defeats the robots and comes face-to-face with Blue Snowman. She urges Blue Snowman to stop this terrorism, and that she will find a way for Billy to develop her research without the evil intentions of Maxwell Lord. This seems to be working until a loud shot rings out in the air. Trevor, armed with a sniper rifle, has shot the Blue Snowman, and her body falls into the river below instantly freezing it.

Sasha is proud of her best soldier, Trevor is proud of a mission accomplished, Lord swears revenge on Argus and Wonder Woman, Aegeus has protected his position in Lord Industries, Billy's body is not found, and Diana ends her relationship with both Argus and Steve as she can trust neither to value human life over militaristic duties.

This also leaves room for Blue Snowman to return vying vengeance on all who lead to her presumed death.

I'd make Alkyone the leader of a group of evil Amazons that includes Myrinna Black, Osira and Ariadne.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Hypnota- A rakshasi from Hindu myth. Has a human disguise from which she can still access her blue mind beam, but can also morph into a strong four-armed battle mode with fangs and claws.
    This seems unusually random. Is there any particular connection between Hypnota and rakshasi?

Max Lord - a psychic illusion created by Dr. Pyscho as an alternate identity.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This seems unusually random. Is there any particular connection between Hypnota and rakshasi?
    There isn't anything currently, but it may be a cool way utilize another mythology beyond Greek. She's basically the most blank slate of all the Villainy Inc members, and her power set alone doesn't seem as effective against Wonder Woman even compared to the revamps the others gotten so she'd get the most drastic overhaul.

Her outfit does seem inspired by Indian outfits to me, though I will freely admit I may be way off the mark on that one in which case I apologize. We'd have to change it away from a white woman appropriating the look though,.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There isn't anything currently, but it may be a cool way utilize another mythology beyond Greek. She's basically the most blank slate of all the Villainy Inc members, and her power set alone doesn't seem as effective against Wonder Woman even compared to the revamps the others gotten so she'd get the most drastic overhaul.

Her outfit does seem inspired by Indian outfits to me, though I will freely admit I may be way off the mark on that one in which case I apologize. We'd have to change it away from a white woman appropriating the look though,.
    I agree with you. I always liked the idea of Hpnota being revamped as Indian. I also liked the idea of Henna Tattoos all over her body and a beautiful visual that lights up as she's hypnotizing her victims. I like the idea of her as an Agent of Ares of uses her power to spread war and chaos.

I also like the idea of revamping Queen Clea as Brazillian, and her being the queen of Yara's tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    ...My Clea seems more of a Vandal Savage sort, than the Kurgan was, and I see her alternating between her signature armor and contemporary clothing - liking it, very much, in fact. While I like that Clea is an ancient, like Circe, I also like that she is more of a physical character, like the Cheetah. With Clea, we can expect apocalyptic, bare-knuckled brawls and sword battles. When I imagine an apocalyptic scene, with Diana battling her perennial archenemy in the flaming ruins, I think that foe needs to be a physical match for her. I think Clea, combining what is best in Circe and Cheetah, could become that archenemy.

As with Cheetah, I think Clea would benefit from being opened up and broader, such that writers can do more things, with her. Junking the Atlantaean origin, which makes her feel more like an Aquaman antagonist, might be the biggest improvement we could give her. It would make her a stronger, more versatile character, if only because there's so much you can imagine doing with her, in a story, without it.

The biggest weakness of my retconned Clea, as with the present character, ..is that she seems irredeemable. She will never join the JLA, never be Diana's friend. Like her father and Highlander's Kurgan, her sole motivation will be the wholesale subjugation of all sentient life on Earth, ..even Wonder Dog. She is a godless, blood-drinking monster, who will pile our rotting corpses up into the clouds, until she conquers the world, because that's all that makes her happy, ..and there is nothing Diana or anyone can do to change. In that, a long history with Diana would offer very few surprises for readers.
    I would add one thing to my revamp of Clea, establishing her as Diana's natural archenemy. I would make Queen Clea an Obi-gone'wrong, like the Nolan Batman's Ras Al Ghul.

With the New 52 history gone, ..Diana recalls the new Clea, as an eccentric giantess, who lived on a nearby island to Themyscira. Defying the warnings of her mother and the other Amazons, Diana befriends Clea, fascinated by her stories of adventures in ancient lands and her bizarre collection of trophies. Clea's training Diana in fighting and strategy takes a dark, brutal turn, until another friend, teenaged Mer Boy, reveals Clea's past - that she's the First Born's daughter and the ousted conqueror of Atlantean colony, Aurania. When Mer Boy shows Diana the buried ruins of Clea's island home (not Aurania), proving that she slaughtered its original inhabitants, ..Clea kills him! Confronted by Diana, Clea reveals her desire of turning Diana into a blood-drinking, conquest-driven monster, like herself, ..and corrupting the daughter of Zeus, who wiped her father's world-spanning empire, from the face of the Earth! Barely escaping their fight, with her life, Diana returns to Themyscira,..and Clea disappears.

As the First Born's daughter, who watched Zeus and the Olympians destroy her father and wipe all memory of him from the world, ..can we empathize with Clea? Though she is a classic grotesque, does she deserve her ambitions of reclaiming the destiny, her father was cheated of? Maybe...

Their mutual enmity isn't about revenge for Mer Boy's death...oh no, no. It is driven...fueled ..by Diana's horror that Clea tried to infect her, with an appetite for conquest, ..no matter how large or small, ..and that Diana embraced it! Recalling her time with Clea, Diana must admit to herself that, when the cause is just, a part of her enjoys defeating and subjugating her enemies. Will defeating Clea lay her battle lust to rest or complete Clea's work, making her Clea's greatest conquest?

That is what the Wonder Woman comic is missing: an enmity that threatens what is most precious to Diana, ..her Amazon mission to protect the world from conquest, by beings, like Clea. Against this new Clea, Diana's fears of failure, as an Amazon and servant of Aphrodite, become unshakeable, ..bordering on obsession. Diana's ruined friendship with Cheetah just leaves her chasing a crazed killer, whom Diana would rather save, than destroy. Comparatively speaking, the stakes, as I see them, aren't high enough with Bar Minerva. My revamp would position Clea, as the enemy, who haunts Diana's nightmares, ..from which she wakes up, screaming.

Truthfully, the same scenario could have been applied to Cheetah or even Warmaster. Considering the continuity and timeline problems it creates for future storytelling, namely making Steve and Diana old enough to be Warmaster's parents, ..why she was made Diana's mentee or protegee makes no sense to me. The Obi-wrong backstory might be cliched, but, it secures a meaningful, clear (very important), self-sustaining enmity for Diana, with a major female super-villain, who has been around, since the Golden Age.

Yeah...Clea's another red-haired badguy. Maybe, I would do something to make her look less, like Hippolyta and Giganta's love child ..or Lex Luthor's cosplaying sister. Check out my fan movie to see Clea, with a slightly weirder, more monstrous look...
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-08-2020 at 11:05 PM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I would add on ething to my revamp of Clea, establishing her as Diana's natural archenemy. I would make Queen Clea an Obi-gone'wrong, like the Nolan Batman's Ras Al Ghul.

With the New 52 history gone, ..Diana recalls the new Clea, as an eccentric giantess, who lived on a nearby island to Themyscira. Defying the warnings of her mother and the other Amazons, Diana befriends Clea, fascinated by her stories of adventures in ancient lands and her bizarre collection of trophies. Clea's training Diana in fighting and strategy takes a dark, brutal turn, until another friend, teenaged Mer Boy, reveals Clea's past - that she's the First Born's daughter and the ousted conqueror of Atlantean colony, Aurania. When Mer Boy shows Diana the buried ruins of Clea's island home (not Aurania), proving that she slaughtered its original inhabitants, ..Clea kills him! Confronted by Diana, Clea reveals her desire of turning Diana into a blood-drinking, conquest-driven monster, like herself, ..and corrupting the daughter of Zeus, who wiped her father's world-spanning empire, from the face of the Earth! Barely escaping their fight, with her life, Diana returns to Themyscira,..and Clea disappears.

As the First Born's daughter, who watched Zeus and the Olympians destroy her father and wipe all memory of him from the world, ..can we empathize with Clea? Though she is a classic grotesque, does she deserve her ambitions of reclaiming the destiny, her father was cheated of? Maybe...

Their mutual enmity isn't about revenge for Mer Boy's death...oh no, no. It is driven...fueled ..by Diana's horror that Clea tried to infect her, with an appetite for conquest, ..no matter how large or small, ..and that Diana embraced it! Recalling her time with Clea, Diana must admit to herself that, when the cause is just, a part of her enjoys defeating and subjugating her enemies. Will defeating Clea lay her battle lust to rest or complete Clea's work, making her Clea's greatest conquest?

That is what the Wonder Woman comic is missing: an enmity that threatens what is most precious to Diana, ..her Amazon mission to protect the world from conquest, by beings, like Clea. Against this new Clea, Diana's fears of failure, as an Amazon and servant of Aphrodite, become unshakeable, ..bordering on obsession. Diana's ruined friendship with Cheetah just leaves her chasing a crazed killer, whom Diana would rather save, than destroy. Comparatively speaking, the stakes, as I see them, aren't high enough with Bar Minerva. My revamp would position Clea, as the enemy, who haunts Diana's nightmares, ..from which she wakes up, screaming.

Truthfully, the same scenario could have been applied to Cheetah or even Warmaster. Considering the continuity and timeline problems it creates for future storytelling, namely making Steve and Diana old enough to be Warmaster's parents, ..why she was made Diana's mentee or protegee makes no sense to me. The Obi-wrong backstory might be cliched, but, it secures a meaningful, clear (very important), self-sustaining enmity for Diana, with a major female super-villain, who has been around, since the Golden Age.

Yeah...Clea's another red-haired badguy. Maybe, I would do something to make her look less, like Hippolyta and Giganta's love child ..or Lex Luthor's cosplaying sister. Check out my fan movie to see Clea, with a slightly weirder, more monstrous look...
    So why hasn't Diana just killed her if she's so monstrous?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    There's also Atrocitus who is relatively recent with an absurd name.

I'm fine with Eviless. Is she a super prominent villain? No. But historically she was the leader of Wondy's 40's rogues gallery and that doesn't count for nothing.
    I liked him. It's a shame the comic hasn't developed a female answer to Atrocitus.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Blue Snowman - based on Robinson's revamp. She's sort of an evil Iron Man who has a collection of armored suits (some gigantic, some human-sized) with ice-based powers. Her actual supervillain name is Yeti, but the press dubbed her "Blue Snowman" so most people refer to her as such, much to her annoyance.

Minister Blizzard - I'd drop the "minister", just Blizzard (he can still be a Prime Minister though). Instead of an ice-gun his powers are innate. I'm not sure about the origin of his powers though, I kinda want him to stand out from the other Ice villains. Maybe something from mythology? He could be related to Boreas, the god of winter.

Blue Snowman - based on Robinson's revamp. She's sort of an evil Iron Man who has a collection of armored suits (some gigantic, some human-sized) with ice-based powers. Her actual supervillain name is Yeti, but the press dubbed her "Blue Snowman" so most people refer to her as such, much to her annoyance.

Minister Blizzard - I'd drop the "minister", just Blizzard (he can still be a Prime Minister though). Instead of an ice-gun his powers are innate. I'm not sure about the origin of his powers though, I kinda want him to stand out from the other Ice villains. Maybe something from mythology? He could be related to Boreas, the god of winter.
    I did suggest making him Jack Frost in the second page. It would at least open up some variety for Wonder Woman's myth based characters.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Nah, I have plans for Eviless that are fun and treacherous.
    Do you see Eviless playing an antiheroine role, like Artemis in the Loebs run? I think the cast needs a sexy anti-Diana, to get prickly with Etta and Diana - to flirt with Steve - if only for comic (comedic) relief. For me, that's Queen Desira, but, I can see Eviless in a similar role...

Like twin cousins, Serena and Samantha, on Bewitched!

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-09-2020 at 08:23 AM.

I had a similar idea for Blue Snowman in regards to "Evil Ironman", using old Iron Man concept of she needs the suit to survive due an accident with the "Blue Snow" formula has been gradually turning her into a living ice elemental and needs the suit to counteract it/interact with the world.

Incredible Member

Do you see Eviless playing an antiheroine role, like Artemis in the Loebs run? I think the cast needs a sexy anti-Diana, to get prickly with Etta and Diana - to flirt with Steve - if only for comic (comedic) relief. For me, that's Queen Desira, but, I can see Eviless in a similar role...

Like twin cousins, Serena and Samantha, on Bewitched!

I see Eviless as an Agent of Ares who he granted the ability to control the dominion of Hell. She can control demons from hell, Hellfire blasts, the ability to make people lose their inhibitions and fall prey to their evil intentions, and can transport people to various hell dimensions.

I see Ares as being more the traditional "sexy" villain. He's constantly trying to convert Diana to become one of his agents with his sexuality, suaveness, and manipulations.