Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

I never really understood the appeal of Angleman, even as a comedic character. It's one of those gimmicks that doesn't even really work as a joke. But I don't know, I've been thinking about how he could be revamped.

Maybe he could be a mediocre middle school math teacher, who secretly is obsessed with Nazi theory about perfection and he discovers a cosmic item that kind of looks like the tesseract from the MCU and can transform into various perfect geometric shapes? Maybe he is looking to create the 9th wonder of the world and create his own perfect society in a new country surrounding the 9th wonder, but he is so lame and unpopular that despite his powers nobody wants to join his society. What kind of powers should his angle device have? I feel like teletransportation and time travel would still be boring. I would like this to be a challenge of Wonder Woman's athletic prowness but I still don't have any particular idea. Any help?

Not really a revamp just an idea
    Godwatch or Villainy Inc.: A group of villains trying to take the place of the Olympians Gods with each member being an Olympian counterpart

Olympian - Villain:
    Zeus - Heracles (All Father)
    Hera - Circe (All Mother)
    Hades - Dr. Psycho (The Dead/occult/necromancy)
    Poseidon - Clea (The Sea)
    Ares - Paula Van Gunther (War)
    Athena - Veronica Cale (Science)
    Artemis - Cheetah (The Hunt)
    Hephaestus - Dr. Cyber (Building)
    Aphrodite - Silver Swan (Love...for themselves)
    Apollo - Music Meister (Music)
    Helios - Zara (Sun power)
    Hermes - Angle Man (Travel, Thieves)

Mighty Member

Dr. Domino is Dr. Cyber’s right hand man (they both had that “Bond villain” thing going on so no point in having two baddies have the same exact background if they aren’t connected. Also Cylvia is the stronger character than... does that one hit wonder HAVE a name?)

Hmm...some of Wonder Woman’s villains could really get rid of the Dr. title.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Not really a revamp just an idea
    Godwatch or Villainy Inc.: A group of villains trying to take the place of the Olympians Gods with each member being an Olympian counterpart

Olympian - Villain:
    Zeus - Heracles (All Father)
    Hera - Circe (All Mother)
    Hades - Dr. Psycho (The Dead/occult/necromancy)
    Poseidon - Clea (The Sea)
    Ares - Paula Van Gunther (War)
    Athena - Veronica Cale (Science)
    Artemis - Cheetah (The Hunt)
    Hephaestus - Dr. Cyber (Building)
    Aphrodite - Silver Swan (Love...for themselves)
    Apollo - Music Meister (Music)
    Helios - Zara (Sun power)
    Hermes - Angle Man (Travel, Thieves)
    Hey that actually sounds cool!

Diana represents truth, compassion and love. So her enemies should be people who either lacks those qualities or inhabits the opposite of them.
    I wouldn't change what already works but if I were given my own free reign, I would maybe add a few tweaks to the characters without losing their essence.

Ares: Thematic opposite to WW. Like Perez's Ares, Diana had to humble him with her lasso by showing him the ultimate consequence of endless war. He is so caught up in the moment that he lacks the ability to see the long term consequences of his actions. In mythology, Ares was the unloved god. I would make it so that his father, Zeus, negelcting and abusing him while favoring Athena, is what drives his desire to war. Thus eventually he can evolve into Rucka's Ares.

Cheetah: There has been three Cheetah's already with varying degrees of sympathy. I would keep Barbara Minerva as the primary Cheetah. All her values are the inverse of WW's, Cheetah represents lies, manipulation and hatred. More so than her claws that can cut steel, strength almost on par with WW and her Cheetah like appearance, she is dangerous because of her mind. She is a ruthless, cutthroat supervillain willing to do anything to sacrifice anyone to get to the top. She pisses of Diana on a personal level. I would get rid of the 'cursed because of being a virgin' aspect and focus on the evil Lara Croft angle. I would keep the Dodson redesign of her wearing pants and sleeveless top. She grew up in an environment where she had to be the best or else and the arrival of a literal female demi God pushes her over the edge.

I would bring in Deborah Domaine and Priscilla Rich as the more sympathetic Cheetah. Deborah would be the environmentalist who was also a friend of WW but secretly jealous of her and is then manipulated by Barbara into becoming the Cheetah but the spell is incomplete so she is cursed with flesh eating hunger. She also joins Kobra but out of her own choice rather than being forced into it. Pricilla Rich is a rich debutante who was jealous of Diana and blames her for what happened to Debora. She side steps the curse by wearing the skin of the Cheetah instead.

Veronica Cale: Billionaire CEO whose daughter got caught in the cross fire of one of WW's battles which left her cursed and her partner forced to rely on an AI to communicate and interact with the world. Swearing vengeance, Veronica uses her company to take advantage of women's insecurities to make them into supervillains.

Giganta: Dr. Doris Zeul was a brilliant scientist who was diagnosed with a rare fatal blood disease with no known cure. With a family to take care of, she began to desperately looking for a cure, only to find herself relying on Dr Psycho. The latter tricks her by transplanting her mind into a gorilla and leaving her trapped inside. She manages to escape and after much research, is able to return back to a human form but with the ability to grown in size. She still needs to prevent her new body from breaking down and along with a need to help her family and just enjoying the newfound freedom her ability gives her, she ends up working with various supervillains whether it's Veronica, Grodd or Lex Luthor. She is just as likely to help Diana as she is to fight her.

Dr Cyber: A young Asian woman with an unknown name and a scar on the side of her face. Her background or where she came from is unknown. She has worked for Kobra, Spyral, the League of Assassins and even the 'good guy' organizations like Checkmate as a low level henchwoman before striking out on her own to create her own organization. She uses technology, most of which she built herself to take on Wonder Woman. She is a nihilist (think Owlman in JL: Crisis on Two Earths) who sees humanity as a plague that needs to be wiped out. I would keep both this Dr Cyber and Rucka's Dr Cyber around as they are both different enough to co exist.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Giganta: ape turned into woman or woman turned into ape turned into a woman later turned into a giantess?
    I like the "scientist with a terminal illness" starting point for Doris Zuel. She's a smarter than average person with an easily relatable mortal failing.... who uses super science (with a bit of mysticism) to try and fix that. But her personality is that of someone who's unethical and willing to kill to get what she wants. Thing is... the "genius scientist" angle gets ignored WAY too much in Giganta stories, and some of them outright say she lost it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Attachment 104506
    I know people like the idea of Blue Snowman being a sillier Wonder Woman villain, but I think she could be a serious foe. I like the idea of a design that's similar to Mortal Kombat 11's Frost. More cyborg-like the image above. I think I would simply add a helmet to make the character more gender-neutral. But something like this could help the Blue Snowman be taken more seriously, plus I think this is a great basis for a strong visual aesthetic in contrast to Wonder Woman.
    that look is nice in the context of a suit inside the suit. IE Blue Snowman uses the power suit to create an exoskeletal ice armor. With the snowman in place you really can't see ANY of her physical features.

I mentioned in another thread having Deva as a sort of rebellious daughter of WW.

Why? well... it's the "daughter of WW" angle. In the comics her origin got retconned in-universe so that she has a little of WW's blood in her veins.. which means she also has s little of the power of the Greek gods as well. Why the mother angle? well I don't think Deva ever associated with her Titan relatives after the reveal. So you could do a story where WW finds out that the Children of Cronus have functionally abandoned her in revulsion that she's now tainted. The further idea being that Deva is now questioning why 6 of her 7 parents wanted her to be evil. In part this is because she keep losing to heroes that she knows she is more powerful than, but also because the 6 of her parents that wanted her to be evil... abandoned her even though she did what they wanted. So she decides to try being a hero.

One idea that also popped up is that while she's generally antagonistic towards Cassie(since Cassie is a descendant of Zeus), Donna Troy is someone she'd probably see as a cousin of sorts as Donna was empowered by Rhea as a "Titan Seed". Also Lilith Clay since Lilith is a daughter of Thia(Rhea's sister). (unless she's dead)

You wouldn't need to make Deva nice or generally kind, just have her refocus her aggressive instincts. Also you could have her as an antagonist sometimes since she's still rather mean and stuff.

Oh yeah, forgot one thing... Devastation seems like an example of someone who'd be a natural enemy to Grail. I mean like WW hears a super-throwdown and finds Grail and Deva trying to kill each other.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 01-30-2021 at 07:53 AM.

Mighty Member

Should an extra terrestrial like Eviless look a bit more alien? We have Martians I. The DC universe who have something off about them even in their most humanoid form, but the people from Saturn? Straight up humans.