Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    No, I've never really though it was dumber than other ice-themed villains; Mr. Freeze, Captain Cold, Killer Frost, etc.
    Minister Blizzard on the other hand.......

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    His revamps of Blue Snowman and Zara are probably the only things about his run that are halfway decent. But then there was Anglette and that was just... why?
    That was the only issue I liked in his run. Maybe somewhat the one with Cheetah and Cyber, but nothing interesting came of it.

Though why he didn't complete the set and go with Hypnota I can't guess. Seeley already re-introduced Eviless, she's the next logical conclusion. Building up a modern Villainy Inc from the ashes of Godwatch is the main plot arc I would have loved to see post-Rucka's run and the tools were there and instead we get...Jason, Grail, Molly...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Okay, this is maybe being too ambitious... but:

Ares.../Mars

A much more withdrawn and restrained version of the character; he’s very rarely actually fought, and in fact his heart usually doesn’t seem in it, contrary to his usual depictions. He’s also a mix of the classic “dark hoplite” look and the old man with bloody feet version from Azzarello’s run, with the latter being his usual appearance, and the former a rarely seen but nigh-unstoppable aspect of him.

Here’s how it goes:

I like this idea.

Mars, originally, was a fertility god of vegetation and protector of cattle; thus, his associations with springtime and agriculture.

Only later did he become a war god...probably because of influence of Ares from interactions between the Greeks and Romans.

Posted this elsewhere but I'd alter the Godwatch group to be an anti-magic/myth organization run by Cale and composed of non-magic WW powered villains that wants to either get rid of magical beings/items as threats to humanity or acquire them and find a way to profit off them. So they'd be against Ares, his kids, Circe, etc as much as they would be against Wonder Woman and the Amazons. Sort of an anti-magic version of Wonder Woman's current Justice League Dark team.
    That sounds super cool.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

This isn't really a revamp but... I had this idea of making Maxie Zeus a WW villain instead of a Batman one. Like, hear me out...

Maxie Zeus, an arrogant self absorbed billionaire dude bro so steeped in his own toxic masculinity and pride that he literally imagines himself as the actually King of the Gods constantly gets humbled and humiliated by an actual goddess, who preaches for equality, vows to best her and prove his superiority.

I would go with "The Batman" version and have Maxie be this insanely rich guy capable of employing a private military that follows him and be able to create high tech weaponry to fight against WW. He'd have like an ironman style suit of armor with weather control.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    This isn't really a revamp but... I had this idea of making Maxie Zeus a WW villain instead of a Batman one. Like, hear me out...

Maxie Zeus, an arrogant self absorbed billionaire dude bro so steeped in his own toxic masculinity and pride that he literally imagines himself as the actually King of the Gods constantly gets humbled and humiliated by an actual goddess, who preaches for equality, vows to best her and prove his superiority.

I would go with "The Batman" version and have Maxie be this insanely rich guy capable of employing a private military that follows him and be able to create high tech weaponry to fight against WW. He'd have like an ironman style suit of armor with weather control.

Didn’t remember Maxie Zeus showing up in The Batman but that’s a cool design and general concept. Usually don’t like villain poaching but he’s a fairly minor as far as those go for Bat villains so I doubt the Bat franchise would lose much if they lost him.

Didn’t remember Maxie Zeus showing up in The Batman but that’s a cool design and general concept. Usually don’t like villain poaching but he’s a fairly minor as far as those go for Bat villains so I doubt the Bat franchise would lose much if they lost him.
    I also thought it'd be cool to see the actual Gods reaction to this guy just pretending to be one of them. Their is a lot of fun potential involving arrogance and hubris from the old myths and the Gods' punishment for them that could be used here. Like imagine the Zeus just dumbfounded at this guy thinking "who is this?!".

I also thought it'd be cool to see the actual Gods reaction to this guy just pretending to be one of them. Their is a lot of fun potential involving arrogance and hubris from the old myths and the Gods' punishment for them that could be used here. Like imagine the Zeus just dumbfounded at this guy thinking "who is this?!".
    Maximillian Zeus's problem as a character is that a: he's NOT campy, and B: he's ridiculous in any setting that isn't street level crime. He's a Batman villain.... most actual supers would clean his clock in seconds. Putting him in a Wonder Woman book only works if he takes a mastermind role and has people genuinely powerful as his minions. Maxie... is a terrible fighter and gets curb stomped by Batman in a stand up fight.

Putting him in a setting like Legion of Doom? Real villains would practically laugh him out of the room.

Yeah, could work if he was slightly manipulated into it by someone like Circe or Ares’ kids who enjoys messing with mortals.

Yeah, could work if he was slightly manipulated into it by someone like Circe or Ares’ kids who enjoys messing with mortals.
    I could see Eris doing it to create a puppet. But that approach seems to lend itself to a one-off loser.

Extraordinary Member

We’ve had Maxie Zeus as a WW villain during Jimenez’s run.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I could see Eris doing it to create a puppet. But that approach seems to lend itself to a one-off loser.
    That's actually the character I was thinking about using.

Speaking of Eris... I actually like Eris from the Nu52, I feel like there is a lot of cool potential for her. Acting as sort of a neutral but "screw everyone" trickster Goddess that particularly enjoys Diana's suffering is a nice villain role for Eris. I even like her design too.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Speaking of Eris... I actually like Eris from the Nu52, I feel like there is a lot of cool potential for her. Acting as sort of a neutral but "screw everyone" trickster Goddess that particularly enjoys Diana's suffering is a nice villain role for Eris. I even like her design too.
    Yeah, Eris/Strife was one of the only things I liked from New 52 era so I'd be fine keeping her around unchanged from that era.

Eris also enjoyed watching Superman deck Apollo