Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Zara - in my version, she is an ifrit, a creature of fire.

Minister Blizzard - he is reimagined as the human half of Jack Frost who was split into two. He reunites with his other half and becomes whole again.

Giganta - One of the Greek giants.

Dr Psycho - He's no longer a little person and is psychology major who was thrown out of college for unethical practices. He becomes a serial killer after attaining demonic powers.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-03-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Blue Snow. An eco terrorist and a teacher at Holliday College
    Giganta: A woman who used amazonian tech to heal herself
    Dr.Cyber and Dr.Posion:BUssiness weapon parnters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I've said this in another thread, but a character I would like to see revamped is The Mask. I would use her basis, as I understand it, for the foundation of her revamp. She is a battered wife, but in my version, she is presumed to be killed by her husband. Ares, however, grants her the power to transform into red smoke - this is both to illustrate her intense rage and to be a symbol of corrupted love. As this newly powered villainous, The Mask is a serial killer who kills men who have wronged their wives by transforming into smoke, suffocating them, and then placing a mask over their face as her signature.

In my mind, this should be a highly decorative mask - think like a Day of the Dead mask. Her color scheme should be red and white or red and black, and I would also make her Latina.

I like how The Mask, in this revamp, is a street-level villain small enough to give Steve Trevor and the Goodfellas (is that their name? It's been a while since I've seen the movie) a challenge, her ability to transform into smoke still makes her a credible threat to Wonder Woman, and she also has a tie to Greek mythology without truly being born from it.
    Great idea.

I dont' see Ares being that helpful...but there are several other gods and goddesses that would.

Astonishing Member

I would revamp some of Diana's foes into being Donna's foes...

• Brilliant Byrna and her blue snowmen
    • Fausta Grables
    • Queen Neptune - Leona Masters (King Neptune)
    • Professor Toxin (Toxino)
    • Sharkeeta
    • Phlogiston, queen of... (Flamina)
    • Baeddel (Badra)
    • Furiosa
    • Attomette, queen of... (Atomia)

(I mean Diana's not really using them...and Donna has next to none...)
    Last edited by scary harpy; 07-01-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Think I'd combine Ares' kids with some of his Pre-Crisis Mars minions, Deimos and Phobos being new incarnations of Duke of Deception and Lord Conquest. Take a beat from "Gods of Gotham" where they possess the bodies of criminals when interacting with the mortal world.

Eris/Strife would pretty much stay as her New 52 incarnation.

Mighty Member

I always feel that you should stick to the character's core and work from there.

When it comes to the Blue Snowman, we have Byrna Brillyant I'd keep her to the side of science fiction of Wonder Woman's rogues rather than mythical/mystical. By trade Byrna is mainly a roboticist (she built the blue snowmen robots as well as her Blue Snowman mech suit). The "blue snow" was her father's invention which is a compound that can "freeze" stuff to preserve it for the future (if we MUST connect it to DC at large, we can say it's the same stuff that is used to preserve Nora Fries of Batman). I'd play up her ability of working with machinery and robots more rather than the freezing angle. She'd often rent her services out to other super villains and the like as well as further her own agendas.

In her first story I'd just modernize her original Golden Age story. Unlike her father, who was going to use his creation for the good of humanity (preserving people with terminal illnesses until cures are found; Byrna instead uses his creation to extort and terrorize overlooked small nations with her mech suit and robot army. Wonder Woman going to provide aid to one of these small nations foils her extortion scheme and earns the ire of the Blue Snowman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I always feel that you should stick to the character's core and work from there.

When it comes to the Blue Snowman, we have Byrna Brillyant I'd keep her to the side of science fiction of Wonder Woman's rogues rather than mythical/mystical. By trade Byrna is mainly a roboticist (she built the blue snowmen robots as well as her Blue Snowman mech suit). The "blue snow" was her father's invention which is a compound that can "freeze" stuff to preserve it for the future (if we MUST connect it to DC at large, we can say it's the same stuff that is used to preserve Nora Fries of Batman). I'd play up her ability of working with machinery and robots more rather than the freezing angle. She'd often rent her services out to other super villains and the like as well as further her own agendas.

In her first story I'd just modernize her original Golden Age story. Unlike her father, who was going to use his creation for the good of humanity (preserving people with terminal illnesses until cures are found; Byrna instead uses his creation to extort and terrorize overlooked small nations with her mech suit and robot army. Wonder Woman going to provide aid to one of these small nations foils her extortion scheme and earns the ire of the Blue Snowman.
    Definitely like the idea of the mech army but, I'd play up the "blue ice". It can be something wholly unique, no need to connect it to batman. Have "blue ice" be insanely cold, like hundreds of billions of times below 0, its fantasy so crank that nozzle past 10. Diana can fight through a mech army but that "blue ice" is what really effects her. Have the mechs use the ice too.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

When it comes to Blue Snowman, changing the silly name should be the top priority in revamping her if she's to be taken seriously as a villain. I'd suggest Dr Brillyant but WW has too many doctors already.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    When it comes to Blue Snowman, changing the silly name should be the top priority in revamping her if she's to be taken seriously as a villain. I'd suggest Dr Brillyant but WW has too many doctors already.
    I like the Blue Snowman name. I was thinking maybe Blue Snowman could be a gender-neutral character in their everyday life or a transman and goes by Dr. Billy Brillyant.

I like Blue Snowman as a more comical WW villain just a simple perky criminal who uses an ice gun

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Isn't that how Circe is usually depicted(minus the family, not sure if she has any)?
    In the Greek myths Odysseus "served" her. Yes, she captured his ship and the only thing Odysseus could barter with was his own life. So he agreed to her desires, and she let his men go free. Odysseus on the other hand was not so free. He did live to a reasonably old age though.

There were several Greek tragedies written about her family. In one of them(by Lycophron), Odysseus left Aeaea after his year of service. It's kinda short actually but interesting. see: https://ia600202.us.archive.org/3/it...00calluoft.pdf (page 573)
    Excerpt with the important parts:
    CassiphoneA.jpg

An adaptation of Cassiphone might be interesting. Daughter of Circe and maybe Odysseus? Reading that is a head scratcher. The Greek poets would do what in modern parlance is called speaking in memes, and not say outright what they meant. The audience was expected to know because they got the memes. The Cassiphone part is odd because of how she's mentioned. X kills y who killed z.. not a lot of discussion of the how/why.

Circe wasn't Human. She looked human but in the myths her father was Helios, and her mother either Hecate or one of the Oceanids. So yeah, she was exceptionally powerful for someone not a proper deity. And her children were apparently exceptional as well. Odysseus was... mostly Human. He was technically a demi-god, but several generations removed. Hermes was his Great-grandfather or something. So Cassiphone could have interesting powers. Apparently she cut Telemachus's throat though.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Giganta: Queen of giants.

DR. Cyber: Militant Antitheist, and the head of an antitheist organization.

Extraordinary Member

This one may be cheating a bit, since I’m using someone who was only a villain in Flashpoint.

- Someone is hunting down the far-seeing destiny-diviners of Greek myths and killing them. Since this includes both mortals (including young adults who onyl have the potential for Greek-style prophecy) and immortals (chiefly the Fates and the Dark Fates), Wonder Woman is given a mandate to find them and stop them, with the prevailing theory that this killer, whoever they are, is seeking to steal these powers over the future for themselves. But somehow, this killer is capable of bypassing all security and barriers, even that of the break between Olympus and the mortal realm.

-Wonder Woman eventually uncovers the way the killer is maneuvering around reality, after she braves the depths of Tartarus, where all the killer’s victims have been dragged - even if they were originally other parts of the Underworld. The killer is a woman, who spares no words, asks no questions of her victims nor exchanges any taunts with them, and who started out in Hades with her first victim, current captive, and the only seer not in Tartarus - Tiresias (from his own legend, Oedipus, and the Odyssey.) Whoever the killer is, they were already in the land of the dead when they started their killing spree. They also have left a trap in Tartarus that almost traps Wonder Woman down there, which is how she knows that the killer has in some way compromised Hades’s control of his realm. She finds his throne room, and sees Cereberus has been subdued, and Hades himself has been imprisoned and blinded, with his ancient tool for controlling the realm - his bident spear - stolen.

-Wonder Woman follows the killer’s trail, and finally confronts her, Penthesilea , the Amazonian Queen and champion during the Trojan War, right as she has successfully killed the main three Fates of Greek mythology and stolen their fateful thread, trying to destroy it. During her and Diana’s fight, Penthesilea speak only when the Lasso of Truth compels her to, and reveals she is doing this out of bitterness and rage over having known her fate when she was alive - she always knew she was going to fight Achilles and fall at his feet. Her goal is to not only to escape the Underworld to which she feels she was unjustly sent at the whims of the fates, but to destroy the entire concept of Fate as the Greeks saw it. She actually makes a pretty good argument for the Fates being a painful burden upon Wonder Woman and her friends themselves... and, proving that her assertion that she would have survived her battle with Achilles if not for Fate intervening was no mere hope on her part, she proves skilled enough to actually defeat Wonder Woman (at the cost of Tiresias stealing back the bident and returning o Hades to escape her thanks to Wonder Woman) and leaving Wonder Woman alive because she feels a kinship with her, knowing she and Hippolyta were both forced to face an ordained death at some point, and Outmaneuvered it.

-She is now a recurring foe who’s main interest is finding the reminding mortal seers and killing them, as well as simply enjoying life and fighting. Ares is her dad, but she doesn’t obligingly serve him unless he gives her something she wants, and actually finds most of her siblings annoying idiots. She also has a similar competitive edge to Diana, and sometimes seeks confrontation with her just to prove to herself she’s still the better fighter.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

With the Mask why and this is based off Hetika. She kills rapists and child abusers. She doesn't need to be helped by the gods. Just that it was based on Diana saying women should be empowered. I had an idea that Diana has the Wonder Dome but it's used for abused victims. She was one of them

The thing is we have too many villains with the help of the gods. So we kind of have to be careful.

Hyponta could easily have the Cult of the Crimson Flames be real. She is of French and Arab heritage. She gave up in this cult.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 07-05-2020 at 08:42 AM.

Posted this elsewhere but I'd alter the Godwatch group to be an anti-magic/myth organization run by Cale and composed of non-magic WW powered villains that wants to either get rid of magical beings/items as threats to humanity or acquire them and find a way to profit off them. So they'd be against Ares, his kids, Circe, etc as much as they would be against Wonder Woman and the Amazons. Sort of an anti-magic version of Wonder Woman's current Justice League Dark team.