Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Maybe a new version of Blue Snowman with the character actually being...a man. There's so much potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Maybe a new version of Blue Snowman with the character actually being...a man. There's so much potential there.
    No.
    10chars

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Definitely like the idea of the mech army but, I'd play up the "blue ice". It can be something wholly unique, no need to connect it to batman. Have "blue ice" be insanely cold, like hundreds of billions of times below 0, its fantasy so crank that nozzle past 10. Diana can fight through a mech army but that "blue ice" is what really effects her. Have the mechs use the ice too.

Yeah, I didn't want to connect it to Batman, but in case they HAD to connect one of Wonder Woman's classic rogues to the greater DC universe (and the most popular character) there was a way to do so.

Wonder Woman can probably easily just punch through Byrna's robotic army of blue snowmen, however she often holds hostages inside them. Think like Sonic the Hedgehog's Dr. Eggman (Robotnik) where animals are trapped inside the robots. Humans are often trapped inside some of Ms. Brillyant's robots, so it wouldn't be wise for Wonder Woman to recklessly plow through them.

I wouldn't say so...I mean male villains in comic books are a dime a dozen, especially since he'd be seen as a lesser Mr. Freeze. I mean we already have Minister Blizzard, as another male ice based villain. Make Blue Snowman a man, then we'd end up having two of characters with similar power sets (which is why I focused on the robotic minions which seems to be unique to Byrna)...

Heck, if we are to use the thought of challenging Wonder Woman's world view, the Blue Snowman would be assumed to be a man in the first appearance. This fact would probably be something that Byrna would resent as woman in the field of robotics (often not being as respected as her male counterparts), however she's smart enough to know that this sexist bias can be used to an advantage (like some of the female crime lords who ran their syndicates while the police searching for a man, using the world's chauvinistic prejudices to escape justice and run circles around the law). While goofy I like the "Frosty the Snowman" looking mech suit (2010’s Power Girl 7) as it isn't Byrna going out of her way to look like a man, people would just assume that a man is the pilot.

Even Wonder Woman would be under the assumption that the Blue Snowman is Byrna's father, who actually created the Blue Snow compound. In fact, Byrna would probably use this to her advantage at first like the crime lord example before Wonder Woman learns that Mr. Brillyant is long dead, as Diana would first try to appeal to his daughter to help bring him down, often leading her into traps. This, (along with the fact that she was bullying small nations that she thought were beneath her) would be Diana's first lesson in her naivety from being fresh from Paradise Island, learning that a woman can be as deceptive, evil, and vindictive as men were described to be.

Byrna's future appearances would have her renting out her robotic expertise to some of the more "world domination" villains like Baroness von Gunther or even criminal organizations like Dr. Cyber (Pre Crisis). She would also do things on her own volition, but knows a supporting role can be beneficial as well. Whereas less intelligent villains would always try to play king of the mountain, Byrna would see the benefits of having more resources granted to her working for others when needed.

Astonishing Member

I think this is the latest version of the 'Blue Snowman'.

Extraordinary Member

Okay, this is maybe being too ambitious... but:

Ares.../Mars

A much more withdrawn and restrained version of the character; he’s very rarely actually fought, and in fact his heart usually doesn’t seem in it, contrary to his usual depictions. He’s also a mix of the classic “dark hoplite” look and the old man with bloody feet version from Azzarello’s run, with the latter being his usual appearance, and the former a rarely seen but nigh-unstoppable aspect of him.

Here’s how it goes:

- When the age of classical Greece ended, there was a war in Olympus... again. Zeus, blamed for the fall of Greece to the Romans and their pantheon, was deposed by Athena, making good on the fear he had long ago that any child born of his union with Metis would overthrow him. To depose Zeus, Athena made a bargain with Ares, granting him some of her wisdom and strategy aspects in exchange for his support.

- Athena then brought war to the Roman pantheon, wherein the conquering gods would absorb their counterparts. Ares did so, reveling in this greatest of victories against his counterpart, Mars... but this also meant that he acquired even more knowledge - Mars is a soldier’s god, not a warrior’s.

- These accumulated perspectives and wisdom slowly gnawed away at Ares’s usual personality, as he completely merged opposing aspects of himself and Mars with a bit of Athena’s wisdom to become something painful... introspective. Ares now understands the sheer, wearying nature of war, the sometimes nihilistic and meaningless side of it, even as he continues to revel in the bloodshed and murder.

-This results in a colder, more philosophical version of Ares; he knows that any conflict feeds him, but no longer desires to play favorites, is significantly more mature, and every once in a while actually has pangs of existential discontent with his purpose in godhood. So... he begins playing great “games” against himself, spreading his favor to any who fight, and giving his children greater autonomy, and struggling to fight off boredom and find some greater meaning behind conflict than conflict itself.

-This is why modern Ares appears in the War guise, similar to Azzarello’s Verizon, and why he’s perfectly willing to tutor and train Diana as a potential successor. He doesn’t let her know who he is at first; she begins thinking he must be Zeus in disguise, and he doesn’t dissuade her.

-She discovers who he is, and what his ultimate goal is - to encourage internecine conflict between the gods and demigods until one finally gets powerful enough too challenge him and take his job and his immortal life. His armored form only appears whenever one of the “competitors” has broken the “rules” of his game: whenever his sons and daughters try to gang up on a superior opponent, or when Athena tries to end the game with her godlike power (yes, he’s trying to draw her into it as well)... or whenever Diana tries to end the conflict without death.

-Because Diana is the most spirited and determined of his “gladiators,” he begins to show some favoritism towards her, as he did towards some of his older champions... but it is a poison chalice; he also seeks to turn her sisters and her students against her, and is all about encouraging her worst impulses. And the fact he’s aggravating Athena means that he may very well succeed some day in pitting Athena against Diana...
    Last edited by godisawesome; 07-06-2020 at 09:22 PM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Well the whole reason the name is "snowman" is because her suit is shaped that way. That's something unique in itself.

So back to Circe having a family...

I think it'd make Aeaea a more interesting place. Also Wonder Woman has a lot of friends like Donna and Cassandra. Making it a team vs team fight could be fun.

Recently they had Circe(as Donna Milton) produce a child with Ares(Lyta Milton). But as mentioned previously the myths and legends suggest she'd produced several children with several men. So... maybe some of her children are on Aeaea?

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post

As much as I dislike Robinson's run, his revamp of her was pretty good. And "Blue Snowman" as a joke name made up by the press is a good idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    As much as I dislike Robinson's run, his revamp of her was pretty good. And "Blue Snowman" as a joke name made up by the press is a good idea too.
    His revamps of Blue Snowman and Zara are probably the only things about his run that are halfway decent. But then there was Anglette and that was just... why?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I like Blue Snowman as a more comical WW villain just a simple perky criminal who uses an ice gun
    I had a similar idea, sort of how Bendis used Shocker in Ultimate Spider-Man.

Extraordinary Member

Osira.

Egyptian looking alien foe.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post

Am I the only one who doesn’t think Blue Snowman is a dumb name? We live in a world where villains with names like Dr. Doom and Magneto are looked at in awe. Yes, they’ve got the great stories to back them up but aren’t those names... simplistic and on the nose?

I didn’t read Robinson’s run, but if the idea is to hype Diana’s rogues it seems to me you don’t want in-universe characters calling them dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn’t think Blue Snowman is a dumb name? We live in a world where villains with names like Dr. Doom and Magneto are looked at in awe. Yes, they’ve got the great stories to back them up but aren’t those names... simplistic and on the nose?

I didn’t read Robinson’s run, but if the idea is to hype Diana’s rogues it seems to me you don’t want in-universe characters calling them dumb.
    I don't think the name is a problem at all. And she was created in the 40's. Her name isn't going anywhere.

If we can accept Mr. Sinister, Atrocitus, or Doctor Doom, we can accept Blue Snowman.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post

No, I've never really though it was dumber than other ice-themed villains; Mr. Freeze, Captain Cold, Killer Frost, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I don't think the name is a problem at all. And she was created in the 40's. Her name isn't going anywhere.

If we can accept Mr. Sinister, Atrocitus, or Doctor Doom, we can accept Blue Snowman.
    I'm not against Blue Snowman, but the logic here doesn't hold.

"Sinister," "Atrocity," "Doom" are all words associated with darkness, horror and evil.

The name "Blue Snowman" kinda sounds like Frosty's sad buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I'm not against Blue Snowman, but the logic here doesn't hold.

"Sinister," "Atrocity," "Doom" are all words associated with darkness, horror and evil.

The name "Blue Snowman" kinda sounds like Frosty's sad buddy.
    Some think of it in terms of the deadly grasp of winter's chill.

Also "snowman" can be short for "abominable snowman" IE yeti, which are feared as murderous monsters. Which is what that revamped armor seems to be styled on.