Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heroclix

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I have bought the Fantastic Four Cosmic Clash Starter, which has the same format as that Masters of Evil one - includes some campaign cards/ rules. It's pretty limited as far as campaigns go, but definitely better than nothing!

I have also been reading up on power creep in recent sets, so I will stick to recent sets only.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm happy that it's working out well.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Overall, I have been slowly retreating from the game after having been a HUGE fan since nearly the beginning. The amount of clix I have is ridiculous.

The last few years, my interest has waned. A lot of that has to do with getting older, having a busier work schedule. Some of it has to do with the power creep and the obnoxious meta elements. Some of it has to do with character selection in sets. Some of it has to do with the increased imbalance between Marvel and DC sets.

All of that aside, my biggest compliment to the modern game is the new format of the starters - Fantastic Four Cosmic Clash and Avengers vs Masters of Evil. These starters are excellent! They come with enough figures to learn the game, scenarios that can be played as campaigns, and the maps, rulebooks, and Powers & Ability cards (PAC) needed to play the game. In all the years I played and taught people to play, the biggest pain for me was not being able to point out consistently available or decent starter sets. These new ones are a little more expensive than the older ones, but they really contain enough content to make them worth it.

I played Heroclix when it first came out with the Rookie, Experienced and Veteran rankings, the Green Yellow and Red rings I mean. it was a lot of fun but the later sets got way too powerful. I played this new Heroclix and I did enjoy it but got kind of bummed out when my Juggernaut got beat by Goliath. It is still kind of fun but now I just use the figures and maps for Rpg games. If anyone has access to the original game with the Green, Yellow, Red ring figures that they want to get rid of let me know
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.