Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default With Allegations and Revelations of Warren Ellis and Scott Lobdell, Question.

I'm sorry to bring out a touchy subject with this and how Ellis and Especially Lobdell who written so much of 90s X-men, what should be done with his work. I just got done separated Ellis Excalibur but man i have longbox filled with Lodbell work and his hardcover and omnibuses. Atleast i still have Fabian's work. its very conflicting I know i should separate the work from the author but man, Lobdell athough his writing is has been hit and miss and I did enjoy majority of his x-men especially the issues with Joe Mad art which helped alot. I dont know. what should we do with it. and will future x-writers used their created character and such. I know Ellis Wisdom is even more problematic due to his relationship with Kitty and fans here say it should be time to retired the character. Well its very conflicting, I figure it would be a subject of discussion with fellow X-fans.

Extraordinary Member

What exactly are the allegations with them? Did they abuse their power or position?
    Did they force themselves on someone?

Seriously asking.

Incredible Member

Am i understanding correctly... are you removing the work of these writers from your boxes? If so, what exactly will that do? Meaning you already spent the money on the books and the writers already receive payment for the services. What do you gain from this and what do they lose from this?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What exactly are the allegations with them? Did they abuse their power or position?
    Did they force themselves on someone?

Seriously asking.
    https://www.cbr.com/scott-lobdell-ne...ampaign=CBR-TW

warren ellis was grooming girls breaking into the comic industry for decades now. ,

i mean i spent the money and they are in longboxes, and i have the omnibuses and hardcovers, just wondering i mean I love Joe Mad artwork. and lobdell issues compare to Fabian's or Claremont's were hit and miss. just wondering. i mean a few days ago i took all of Ellis x-men work and was gonna give it away to my local shop, athough other x-fans encouraged me on his astonishing run due to being not that good and Forge's character assassination.

Extraordinary Member

Someone needs to let all these comic creators know they aren’t rock stars and fan girls aren’t their groupies.

That said. There’s nothing wrong with older men hitting on younger women (as long as they’re legally adults too). But using their work position or power to do it, is all sorts of wrong.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 06-30-2020 at 10:50 AM.

What does “being groomed” mean? That he tried to use his position to hit on them? If so, how so? Was he their direct boss or just a powerful figure in the industry? Did he retaliate in any way when they rejected him? Did he physically assault them? Verbally?

There are degrees to this ****, and those degrees are important. Or at least they should be. They certainly are in a courtroom, if not in the court of public opinion. I’m honestly asking because I don’t know the extent of what he did, and the article linked to above makes it sounds like he hit on a couple of female creators and was promptly rebuffed by them. Did he hurt their careers somehow?

EDIT — I missed the sexual harassment complaint at the bottom of the article. Clearly understand what that is. But not what “being groomed” is. I’m assuming it means he’s trying to take a female creator under his wing to get them in bed?
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-30-2020 at 11:01 AM.

30 years old hitting on 16-18 years old is creepy AF don't do that.

I think it is all personal, some people are good to separate work from the artist/writer. I don't think continue buying the work is ethical at all, but continue to own seems ok.
    It can be very liberating getting rid of the work from a abuser.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    What does “being groomed” mean? That he tried to use his position to hit on them? If so, how so? Was he their direct boss or just a powerful figure in the industry? Did he retaliate in any way when they rejected him? Did he physically assault them? Verbally?

There are degrees to this ****, and those degrees are important. Or at least they should be. They certainly are in a courtroom, if not in the court of public opinion. I’m honestly asking because I don’t know the extent of what he did, and the article linked to above makes it sounds like he hit on a couple of female creators and was promptly rebuffed by them. Did he hurt their careers somehow?

EDIT — I missed the sexual harassment complaint at the bottom of the article. Clearly understand what that is. But not what “being groomed” is. I’m assuming it means he’s trying to take a female creator under his wing to get them in bed?
    Unless he was over them in a position of authority.

I don’t see the problem hitting on someone , being rejected by said person, and then that’s the end of story.

I'll still enjoy their past work

I don’t see the problem hitting on someone , being rejected by said person, and then that’s the end of story.
    Where it gets eFFed up is the implication is that if they say no it'll be detrimental to their careers
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

https://www.abuseandrelationships.or.../grooming.html

there is a lot of things they did.
    https://twitter.com/TessFowler/statu...87951549411328
    https://twitter.com/alexdecampi/stat...90862564151296
    https://twitter.com/SeidmanLea/statu...53397341904896
    https://twitter.com/SeidmanLea/statu...25862215839745

I just hope this won't turn on apology tour for harassers

that is not what happened.

Also being a published writer with many works on big two is a position of power and influence

==================
    people already starting the apology, stop

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I'll still enjoy their past work

Where it gets eFFed up is the implication is that if they say no it'll be detrimental to their careers
    That can turn into a real “he said, she said” situation real quick if there’s no proof.

No apology tour. Harassment is harassment and it’s wrong.

To put it in context, however, in the other thread where you got worked up (and which you are snidely referring to here) it was over a comment from a creator that you felt was not sympathetic enough to male victims of harassment. Which I never saw by the way, because he deleted it and issued an apology for not understanding that it would be taken the wrong way. Apparently it was something he thought was humorous which was not. You and another poster flipped out and wanted him fired over it, and some (like me) had the audacity to disagree and say he learned his lesson and didn’t need to be fired.

That is absolutely not the same thing as defending someone accused of harassment! Not even close. For the record. I just happen to believe in both due process and that the punishment should fit the crime.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-30-2020 at 11:29 AM.

That can turn into a real “he said, she said” situation real quick if there’s no proof.
    I don't think it would be easy as long as the person really didn't do anything fvcked up...
    GrindrStone(D)

Everything about Peter Wisdom and Kitty Pryde already gave creepy vibes in their day.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Everything about Peter Wisdom and Kitty Pryde already gave creepy vibes in their day.
    thats probably why im taking his excalibur run and giving it away, only keeping the claremont/davis runs from the late 80s early 90s. im still conflicted with his thunderbolts which i enjoyed alot and Nextwave