Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    My point being, that that plot-line has no say on Wolfman in real life.
    The problem is that the Kitty/Wisdom plotline had roots in real life. Knowing what we know now makes it even creepier, but don't get it wrong, it was always creepy to begin with.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yes? I remember people complained when a manager let a stranger use someone's bathroom

Also twitter isn't police or god

cheat on wife is wrong, people would get mad? sure, look how people roast on Whedon for doing that.

you are trying to find problems were there isn't a single one
    I don't see Warner dropping Whedon because he cheated on his wife though, however I do see Warner dropping an Ellis story from Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I don't see Warner dropping Whedon because he cheated on his wife though, however I do see Warner dropping an Ellis story from Batman.
    WB eventually dropped him, and for sure wis wife story wasn't helpful at all

WB eventually dropped him, and for sure wis wife story wasn't helpful at all
    Whedon is doing a show on HBO so he most certainly wasn't dropped by Warner.

he wasn't any sympathic to female survivors, even Leah Williams called him out on this.

what person would talk about harassment and rape as being humorous? I can't imagine somone thinking it was ever ok and his apology as weak AF "i'm gonna open my DM's" LOL
    Yeah I would let him go, he isn't a person that women would feel confortable to work

people shouldn't talk about what they don't know, there is real victims all there. Think about making fun with it, just let his privilege being seen

due process is always good, but people have been let go for much less
    Sorry. I just don’t agree that it was a fireable offense. So, does that mean I should also be fired for not being sympathetic enough? By your kneejerk, mob justice reaction, I’d say probably. And this is how it starts. Everyone who disagrees with me or offends me with a tweet should be fired. I can never get behind that. Guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree. Or you can try to get me banned or fired for daring to disagree. Up to you. I’ve moved on, though. You should try it.

Whedon is doing a show on HBO so he most certainly wasn't dropped by Warner.
    HBO is its own company, as it is DC and WB studios and WB television. They all act independent

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Sorry. I just don’t agree that it was a fireable offense. So, does that mean I should also be fired for not being sympathetic enough? By your kneejerk, mob justice reaction, I’d say probably. And this is how it starts. Everyone who disagrees with me or offends me with a tweet should be fired. I can never get behind that. Guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree. Or you can try to get me banned or fired for daring to disagree. Up to you. I’ve moved on, though. You should try it.
    It's not about being sympathic, it is about blaming victims for the abuse and a completely distorted view.

it is wrong and only validate old stereotypes about abuse and put us back decades ago.

if you want to let go, I let it go
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-30-2020 at 03:57 PM.

HBO is its own company, as it is DC and WB studios and WB television. They all act independent
    That's hardly the point... which is that companies don't give a **** about Joss' poor, two-timed wife but they're oh so ready to jump on the lynchmob bandwagon about "grooming" because it's fashionable to do so these days. Except both offences are quite despicable each in its own way.

That's hardly the point... which is that companies don't give a **** about Joss' poor, two-timed wife but they're oh so ready to jump on the lynchmob bandwagon about "grooming" because it's fashionable to do so these days. Except both offences are quite despicable each in its own way.
    so why WB isn't working with Whedon anymore? of course that TV and Movies also have the problem of protecting abusers just as comics.

getting sex with teenagers is wrong, grooming is wrong. of course different companies will have different ways of dealing with it, BUUUUT accountability should never be frowned upon

some people murder and get away with it, so that means that nobody can be jailed for murder? of course not.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    But fanfic isn’t canon, isn’t written by professional authors and endorsed by Marvel, fanfic will only be read by a minuscule fraction of the most devoted of fandom.
    Kitty and Pete broke up...that's canon too.

I guess we have to put Claremont under the microscope too because...Kitty and Piotr...and we ALL know about his seeming penchant for fetish behaviour.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

he wasn't any sympathic to female survivors, even Leah Williams called him out on this.

what person would talk about harassment and rape as being humorous? I can't imagine somone thinking it was ever ok and his apology as weak AF "i'm gonna open my DM's" LOL
    Yeah I would let him go, he isn't a person that women would feel confortable to work

people shouldn't talk about what they don't know, there is real victims all there. Think about making fun with it, just let his privilege being seen

due process is always good, but people have been let go for much less
    There are people who make jokes at funerals and people who think doing such a thing is the height of disrespect. People process things differently. Some people use humor as a defense mechanism, especially when they are uncomfortable with something and don't know what to say or how to say it. I doubt his comment had anything to do with 'privilege'.

Plenty of women would be fine with working with him because women aren't perfect and plenty of them say stupid **** without thinking, too.
    Last edited by Icefanatic; 06-30-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Their are people who make jokes at funerals and people who think doing such a thing is the height of disrespect. People process things differently. Some people use humor as a defense mechanism, especially when they are uncomfortable with something and don't know what to say or how to say it. I doubt his comment had anything to do with 'privilege'.

Plenty of women would be fine with working with him because women aren't perfect and plenty of them say stupid **** without thinking, too.
    Defense mechanism against what exactly? please, it has all to do with privilege. Someone that doesn't know how abuse works, because he never has to worry about it.
    it is a serious matter, not a joke to mke fun

he wrote the tweet, it wasn't like he just said a joke while being with friends. he had to think about it. Seeing him roasted by Heather antos (former marvel editor) and leah williams doesn't look like many women would want to work with him.

Defense mechanism against what exactly? please, it has all to do with privilege. Someone that doesn't know how abuse works, because he never has to worry about it.
    it is a serious matter, not a joke to mke fun

he wrote the tweet, it wasn't like he just said a joke while being with friends. he had to think about it. Seeing him roasted by Heather antos (former marvel editor) and leah williams doesn't look like many women would want to work with him.
    I articulated the defensive mechanism thing simply and clearly. If you don't understand it, I don't think I can help you further.

Heather was fired from her position at Marvel for making comments on social media about how 'we will remember how you voted' while talking about people in the industry following the 2016 election. People she would potentially be in a position to negatively impact getting work and other aspects of their careers. She made a LOT of people in the industry uncomfortable with her comments and seeming threats. She's in no position to judge what anyone posts on social media, and neither her or Leah are reflective of all, or even most, women.

Soon it will be enough to go after someone for what they didn’t say. Just their “privilege” alone will be enough if they’re not using it to toe the line and promote the cause du jour.

Our outrage is being cultivated and fed back to us. We’re all being played.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-30-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    im wondering how since Lobdell had such a major impact on X-MEN post-Claremont, pre-Morrison. and a lesser extend Ellis, wondering how this affect X-MEN fandom especially those who were into the comics, athough like so many, i got into the comics due to the 1992 animated series.
    At most those stories don't see a trade or in some cases a reissuing of a trade.

Take Gerard Jones-he did a ton of Justice League stuff and the only John Stewart solo series. Along with Ultraverse Prime book.

None of that is in trade.

The down side to that is for some characters like Synch-if that represents the best or the most he has been used in a book. You now have a guy that is even a harder sell to use or try a solo.

Also how many characters created by him and others are suddenly going to disappear? Because if they get used especially in a movie-he MIGHT get compensation or a credit for creation of.

And even in a sadder case lets say you are collecting the work of someone who worked with those folks. You might be out of luck if it's out print or hard to find.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    I articulated the defensive mechanism thing simply and clearly. If you don't understand it, I don't think I can help you further.

Heather was fired from her position at Marvel for making comments on social media about how 'we will remember how you voted' while talking about people in the industry following the 2016 election. People she would potentially be in a position to negatively impact getting work and other aspects of their careers. She made a LOT of people in the industry uncomfortable with her comments and seeming threats. She's in no position to judge what anyone posts on social media, and neither her or Leah are reflective of all, or even most, women.

If she made that many folks feel uncomfortable she wouldn't be at Valiant. Nor would she had been hired to edit Image's Bitter Root book. Seems funny she can find work.

If that is all she said-I guess a LOT more folks should have lost their jobs-especially those who said WORST.

While a certain editor at DC kept his job for 20+ years despite his well known antics. He was in a post of power to hire folks with women being kept away from him. Editing books like Wonder Woman.