Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I mean it’s not that uncommon.

Marv Wolfman did the same thing with Donna Troy in New Teen Titans and making a creator insert with Terry.

And that was way worse because Terry was Donna’s Professor.
    No he wasn't.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No he wasn't.
    Yeah. I was told. (Cut me some slack, it’s been 30 years).

But he was still way older and more mature than Donna. (Donna was legal though)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah. I was told. (Cut me some slack, it’s been 30 years).

But he was still way older and more mature than Donna. (Donna was legal though)
    Fun fact, Terry actually thought that Donna was at least 25 (he was 29 or 30), he was surprised to find that Donna was college age.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    IMHO the difference in quality between Lobdell's X-men run and Generation-X is the involvement of Chris Bachelo. Those characters were as much his as Lobdell's, and now they belong to the fans as well.
    The power that be don't see it that way.

If more stuff comes to light you will see a burial of those runs and probably whoever they created along the way.

Which mean everyone suffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    We really need comics to come back. And football.
    So true! Can’t wait for both.

I separate the work from the artist (er, writer, oh you know what I mean).

It’s the same way I can still enjoy the Cosby Show despite what Bill did... the show stands on its own.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I separate the work from the artist (er, writer, oh you know what I mean).

It’s the same way I can still enjoy the Cosby Show despite what Bill did... the show stands on its own.
    Same here.

If I didn't, I'd likely have to give up most Movies, Music, Art, Literature, Television...basically all forms of cerebral creative entertainment.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

We still need a Generation X Omnibus.

Let's make this clear. Yet again.
    Comicsgate is a hate and harassment group and pretty much always has been. No discussion about them is welcome here, I'll not have these forums polluted by their vileness.

I've also gone through and deleted a bunch of posts that really were talking about creators in a negative light for no real reason.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

I still don't agree that Ellis did anything wrong. I haven't read those links (problem with my browser) but I have read EVERY testimonial that is on that web page that Katie West and the rest of Ellis accusers made. I did not see that Ellis hit on anyone under the age of 18. He also had consensual relationships with ALL of the other women. Was he a jerk and abruptly blew them off when he was done? Did he lie about being in a relationship at times? Yes. So what? That doesn't make him a criminal and it doesn't make these women victims or survivors. Did he use his "fame" in order to try and get women? Sure. There is nothing wrong with that. Men and women use what they have in order to make themselves attractive or inviting to the opposite sex. He was not their boss in any way. He was successful in a field they were either in or trying to break into. To act like victims is insane to me. One or two of the women even said "I felt like I had to date him because I didn't think he would help with my career if I didn't" Looks like , in some cases, they were using him as much as he was using them. In addition so many of the women who are coming forth are more mad that he ghosted them after. Many saying they felt disposable. These were many relationships that went on for some time. He did nothing wrong. And just because he did it many times doesn't all of a sudden make it wrong.

I think that many of these women felt played after having consensual relationships that didn't end well and are alllll jumping on board and trying to ruin this guys life.

I'm not a big fan of Ellis work. And I am a liberal but I think this is some far left, way too sensitive nonsense.

Seriously, go to the web page Katie West created. Read all of the testimonials. Not one of the things he did was really bad and certainly not a crime. He is a guy who was trying to get women.

***I will say that if it ever comes out he forced himself on anyone, threatened to hurt someones career if they didn't sleep with him then I will jump on board the hate train but that is just not what happened***

Spectacular Member Lycaon pictus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I still don't agree that Ellis did anything wrong. I haven't read those links (problem with my browser) but I have read EVERY testimonial that is on that web page that Katie West and the rest of Ellis accusers made. I did not see that Ellis hit on anyone under the age of 18. He also had consensual relationships with ALL of the other women. Was he a jerk and abruptly blew them off when he was done? Did he lie about being in a relationship at times? Yes. So what? That doesn't make him a criminal and it doesn't make these women victims or survivors. Did he use his "fame" in order to try and get women? Sure. There is nothing wrong with that. Men and women use what they have in order to make themselves attractive or inviting to the opposite sex. He was not their boss in any way. He was successful in a field they were either in or trying to break into. To act like victims is insane to me. One or two of the women even said "I felt like I had to date him because I didn't think he would help with my career if I didn't" Looks like , in some cases, they were using him as much as he was using them. In addition so many of the women who are coming forth are more mad that he ghosted them after. Many saying they felt disposable. These were many relationships that went on for some time. He did nothing wrong. And just because he did it many times doesn't all of a sudden make it wrong.

I think that many of these women felt played after having consensual relationships that didn't end well and are alllll jumping on board and trying to ruin this guys life.

I'm not a big fan of Ellis work. And I am a liberal but I think this is some far left, way too sensitive nonsense.

Seriously, go to the web page Katie West created. Read all of the testimonials. Not one of the things he did was really bad and certainly not a crime. He is a guy who was trying to get women.

***I will say that if it ever comes out he forced himself on anyone, threatened to hurt someones career if they didn't sleep with him then I will jump on board the hate train but that is just not what happened***
    I logged into this CBR account for the first time in 5 years to say: YIKES

Quote Originally Posted by Lycaon pictus View Post
    Welcome back!
    GrindrStone(D)

I'd think you'd have a better response then.

Even the accusers themselves say he didn't do anything criminal. So it is ok to start a website and start talking about personal stuff and trying to torpedo his life? Is anyone here perfect? Have you not made a lot of mistakes and been a jerk sometimes? Would you want your exes posting everything they feel is negative about you online? probably not.

I am a BIG supporter of the ME TOO movement but this is some of the far too sensitive crowd in my opinion.