Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    damn thats unfortunate wonder whats going to happen to Red Hood character now?
    If it didn't matter while he was writing the book it's not going to matter now the he left.

The people that cared enough to stop reading the character, dropped the book after the first allegations came up.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 06-30-2020 at 06:46 PM.

I’m hoping Harras gets the boot next. The rot at DC goes all the way to him and Lee. Harras is explicitly the one who kept Lobdell and Berenza around, I think he himself has even been accused of being a harasser.

Thank god he's not writing Jason anymore. I hope this is the last we see of Artemis and Bizarro. DC, please.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m hoping Harras gets the boot next. The rot at DC goes all the way to him and Lee. Harras is explicitly the one who kept Lobdell and Berenza around, I think he himself has even been accused of being a harasser.
    Long past time all these jackasses got tossed out. There's a lot of talent in the industry and we don't need serial harassers and predators making an unsafe environment for creators who want to tell stories, especially at a company that they probably read as a child and sparked their interest in the medium to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Thank god he's not writing Jason anymore.
    You said it.

I hope this is the last we see of Artemis and Bizarro. DC, please.
    Slow your roll.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Thank god he's not writing Jason anymore. I hope this is the last we see of Artemis and Bizarro. DC, please.
    Why? They're not committing sexual harrassment

I think for some of us, it's just frustrating because this behavior from Lobdell has been known for a long time. But DC has still bent over backwards to accommodate him despite his mediocre (at best) work while pushing away more talented creators.
    Last edited by joybeans; 07-05-2020 at 11:06 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

There is no connection, at all, between the allegations and the Red Hood book.

The only aspect tying the things to the same narrative, and still not to each other, is that Lobdell being one of editorial’s loyal hatchet-men and the ideal employee for micro-managers might have meant that the Red Hood book kept going when others stopped because of the pro-Lobdell bias editorial had, in spite of Lobdell being a liability towards other workers.

The allegations simply show how negligently lenient and clique-y DC’s editorial could be.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    There is no connection, at all, between the allegations and the Red Hood book.
    Exactly. That point was spot on.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

BANNED

Hope whoever replaces him keeps Artemis and Bizarro. I like them. And if not hope they show up elswhere and are not put in limbo.

And frankly that he was able to stay on for so long says a lot about the higher-ups at DC.

Incredible Member

DC is in massive need for an overhaul and culture change. I'm sure its not limited to Lobdell alone; he's a product of his community. This is what Devin Grayson was talking about for years how the Bat Office in particular changed after Denny O Neil left and when DiDio came aboard