Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Storm aint never been dead because of obvious reasons.
    She technically died when Forge cast that spell to close the door to get rid of The Adversary during the Fall of the Mutants storyline. They were brought back by Roma though.

Astonishing Member

Warpath and Mirage.

I don't think Emma Frost has ever died has she? Outside of an event like Secret Wars!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't think Emma Frost has ever died has she? Outside of an event like Secret Wars!
    does morrison count?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Warpath and Mirage.
    Dani was killed along with the rest of the New Mutants (except Sunspot) by the Beyonder in Secret Wars II.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I don't believe Iceman has ever died, has he?
    Died? Hell, he was erased from existence in his first mini-series. Basically, Bobby traveled back in time which resulted in his father dying before he was ever conceived. This rewrote time, erasing Iceman from existence(this also predates the movie Back to the Future by about a year). He ended up in a death-realm called the Outer Void ruled over by the cosmic abstract Oblivion. Oblivion is a sibling to Death, Eternity and Infinity. The Iceman mini was actually his introduction to the Marvel Universe. Ultimately, Oblivion rewrote time to restore Iceman to existence and made Iceman think the whole thing was nothing but a dream.

Yeah, no one has ever been able to fully explain the why of all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Beast and Iceman were both victims of Thanos's snap in Infinity gauntlet. So were Archangel, Jean Grey, Firestar, Quicksilver and Northstar.
    Beat me to it.

Technically, he also 'died' briefly when the power core overloaded at the mansion and he was caught in it's energy in Uncanny X-Men #311. He wasn't breathing and Hank had to do CPR to revive him. That's when Emma took over. Bobby's body ended up in a coma while his body relearned how his powers worked. When he emerged from the coma Emma Frost had full control and infamously unleashed his powers to a degree never before seen. Fun fact, Emma had hidden her consciousness inside someone off-panel in Uncanny X-Men #281 to avoid being killed by Sentinels. Both her students the Hellions and the X-Men initially thought she was dead, but after Jean transferred her mind into Emma's vacant body, Xavier suspected Emma may have done the same and kept her body alive in stasis. No one knew where Emma's mind was until the reveal in Uncanny X-Men #314.

Because he was checking on Emma's body when the core overload happened, a lot of fans think that was the moment Emma transferred her mind into Bobby's body, when actually that was just a bit of foreshadowing of Emma's involvement in the upcoming story. Her consciousness was actually trapped in Iceman's mind for 33 issues of Uncanny X-Men, and it took him briefly 'dying' to set her free.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    New X-men

Almost all the X-Men except Cyclops and Wolverine died with the Thanos snap, they were the only two who participated in the battle of the Infinity Gauntlet.

Also, Cyclops and Namor were the only two mutants to survive the multiverse death in Secret Wars, Doom then first killed Cyclops and likely Namor in the last issue.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Storm aint never been dead because of obvious reasons.
    And she and Maddy, Rogue, Dazzler, Psylocke, Havok, Wolverine, Lonshot and Colossus all died during Fall of the Mutants
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    New X-men
    Yeah it depends on how we see this. Was she dead since her psyche was still in her body?

She also "died" for a couple minutes against Skrulls and Matthew Malloy killed her but that was probably retconned when Matthew was erased from existence.

Emma also died in the Matthew Malloy storyline alongside a bajillion of other X-Men

edit: oops I'm late again
    Last edited by nandes; 07-01-2020 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I'm curious as to who hasn't. Polaris is the only one I know for sure has never died in the 616. I'd assume Wolverine and X-23 never have based on their power set but I know I could be very wrong about that.
    X-23 kinda died in the venom story "Circle of 4", where Blackheart brought hell to earth... then Mephisto brought her and the rest of the cast back to life to screw with Blackheart. (She still owes him a favor for that.)
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    X-23 kinda died in the venom story "Circle of 4", where Blackheart brought hell to earth... then Mephisto brought her and the rest of the cast back to life to screw with Blackheart. (She still owes him a favor for that.)
    Mephisto also killed her and brought her back a couple of times during "The Quest for Magik" arc while looking for Illyana.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Mephisto also killed her and brought her back a couple of times during "The Quest for Magik" arc while looking for Illyana.
    That was actually Belasco, not Mephisto.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Can't think of Gambit ever dying.