Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like that's been emphasized a lot more lately with the animated incarnations.
    Yeah, that's been the normal for years. (Find it funny that Seth Rogen is being billed as someone who's a good fit for the project, but the rational is that he's made a lot of raunchy comedies with teen characters; e.g. stuff that has nothing to do with genre TMNT is in.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, that's been the normal for years. (Find it funny that Seth Rogen is being billed as someone who's a good fit for the project, but the rational is that he's made a lot of raunchy comedies with teen characters; e.g. stuff that has nothing to do with genre TMNT is in.)
    Yeah, I'm kind of less enthused after reading that. So basically as raunchy of a comedy as you can do and still get a PG 13 rating, with probable toilet humor (I get it, sewers), and then maybe some action tacked on. I feel like I'm already getting this with Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and I don't particularly like that show.

I thought there was a good balance of tone and content in the TMNT CG film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought there was a good balance of tone and content in the TMNT CG film.
    There was, and it was amazing. Second best film after the...1990(?) original. Third best in my opinion is a tie between Turtles Forever and Batman vs the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. But yeah, TMNT was solid. But other than both being CG animated movies there's no reason to expect this to be all that similar to the 2007 film.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah, I'm kind of less enthused after reading that. So basically as raunchy of a comedy as you can do and still get a PG 13 rating, with probable toilet humor (I get it, sewers), and then maybe some action tacked on. I feel like I'm already getting this with Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and I don't particularly like that show.
    Well, we'll see. Rogan has been involved with more family-friendly material and maybe he'll channel what he knows about filmmaking into that genre then not. (Also not sure if Nick would really want their kids franchise being turned into adult-level stuff, either.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, we'll see. Rogan has been involved with more family-friendly material and maybe he'll channel what he knows about filmmaking into that genre then not. (Also not sure if Nick would really want their kids franchise being turned into adult-level stuff, either.)
    I didn't say it would be turned into adult level stuff - "and still get a PG 13 rating". And I'm only assuming PG 13 because they may want to follow Marvel's MCU. A lot of family friendly stuff with that rating these days, although PG isn't out of the question, but with the focus on the teenage comedy angle and the examples listed I'm expecting PG 13. But that's besides the point, whatever it's rated the examples listed and the comedy Seth is known for, it's enough to be a little worried. Obviously I'm going to choose to be cautiously optimistic until I see the trailer, but it is a worry on my mind.

Although I'm curious, what family friendly projects has he been involved in?

I didn't say it would be turned into adult level stuff - "and still get a PG 13 rating". And I'm only assuming PG 13 because they may want to follow Marvel's MCU. A lot of family friendly stuff with that rating these days, although PG isn't out of the question, but with the focus on the teenage comedy angle and the examples listed I'm expecting PG 13. But that's besides the point, whatever it's rated the examples listed and the comedy Seth is known for, it's enough to be a little worried. Obviously I'm going to choose to be cautiously optimistic until I see the trailer, but it is a worry on my mind.
    Well, the last couple TMNT movies were PG-13...

Although I'm curious, what family friendly projects has he been involved in?
    He acted in the Kung Fu Panda movies, Shrek the Third, and the Lion King remake. Different from having a behind-the-scenes role, but still.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)