Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Second Ninja Turtles Animated Film Heading to the big screen

After what they did to scoob and spongebob 3 we will see if this makes it to the big screen.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/teenage...es-1202973764/

I do have a fondness for the Imagi TMNT movie .

I'm curious.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

The great thing about the 1990 movie is that no one expected it to be live action. That was part of the marketing remember the poster "this is no cartoon". The idea of taking a slightly wacky concept and making it animated shows a lack of imagination and in this case I suspect having no other options. The Imagi movie was made because every studio at the time passed on a live action movie so they settled for a cgi animated movie. I suspect that after near franchise killing failure of Out Of The Shadows Paramount does not want to invest in a live action film and crank out a cheap cartoon instead.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    The great thing about the 1990 movie is that no one expected it to be live action. That was part of the marketing remember the poster "this is no cartoon". The idea of taking a slightly wacky concept and making it animated shows a lack of imagination and in this case I suspect having no other options. The Imagi movie was made because every studio at the time passed on a live action movie so they settled for a cgi animated movie. I suspect that after near franchise killing failure of Out Of The Shadows Paramount does not want to invest in a live action film and crank out a cheap cartoon instead.
    They may have settled for CGI...but the movie was actually really solid. My biggest dream would be if they did another movie, animated or otherwise, is that they'd follow the IDW comic series. I loved how it blended all the awesome facets of the various TMNT iterations into one cohesive whole.

I’m down for another animated TMNT movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I mean, animation might be cheaper but it can also look absolutely phenomenal from a visual perspective with the right touch and budget.

Heck, some of the most popular Turtles interpretations have been in animation.

The first animated TMNT movie is my second favorite Turtles movie.

I am down.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

turtles forever was the best animated movie and that was for tv.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    turtles forever was the best animated movie and that was for tv.
    Nick did it better

(All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

The biggest problem the Imagi movie had was that they postponed Shredder for the never-delivered sequel; otherwise, it was a pretty darn good.

As a Raph fan, I appreciated the story between him and Leo. (No, I’m not going to insist it proved that Raph was a better fighter - Leo was holding back even though Raph won, and really the emotional aspect of the fight was the main attraction.)

I’d love it if one of the movies created a somewhat more intelligent (though not necessarily smart) “Anti-Turtle team.” I like Rocksteady and Beebop, Tohka and Rahzar, and such... but maybe aim for slightly smarter and more skilled villains who can match the heroes on a more one-to-one basis?

Think something like this:

- Karai = Anti-Leonardo (Leader vs leader)
    - Shinigami = Anti-Donatello (Magic vs Tech)
    - Tatsu = Anti-Michaelangelo (Humorless “Unfunny” vs Party Dude)
    - Hun = Anti-Raphael (The Brute vs The Big Guy)
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Nick did it better

Points for actually getting the 80's Turtles VA's back, but Turtles Forever wins for having the Mirage!Turtles too .
    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The biggest problem the Imagi movie had was that they postponed Shredder for the never-delivered sequel; otherwise, it was a pretty darn good.

As a Raph fan, I appreciated the story between him and Leo. (No, I’m not going to insist it proved that Raph was a better fighter - Leo was holding back even though Raph won, and really the emotional aspect of the fight was the main attraction.)

I’d love it if one of the movies created a somewhat more intelligent (though not necessarily smart) “Anti-Turtle team.” I like Rocksteady and Beebop, Tohka and Rahzar, and such... but maybe aim for slightly smarter and more skilled villains who can match the heroes on a more one-to-one basis?

Think something like this:

- Karai = Anti-Leonardo (Leader vs leader)
    - Shinigami = Anti-Donatello (Magic vs Tech)
    - Tatsu = Anti-Michaelangelo (Humorless “Unfunny” vs Party Dude)
    - Hun = Anti-Raphael (The Brute vs The Big Guy)
    The Generals weren't the most interesting threat, but I appreciated that they didn't jump straight back into Shredder and made it a slow-burn. It was the first movie to introduce Karai.

Fast Forward actually had literal Dark Turtles (not that many people probably remember that season fondly, to be fair). 2K12 also kind of went in that direction with each Turtle having a Foot Mutant who they were rivaled with (Leo - Tiger Claw, Donnie - Stockman, Raph - Fishface, Mikey - Rahzar).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Points for actually getting the 80's Turtles VA's back, but Turtles Forever wins for having the Mirage!Turtles too .
    Both had the Mirage Turtles.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Liked turtles forever more. The nick one felt like a chopped up remake of turtles forever cut into 30 min with worse animation.

With that said i still am annoyed they turned all the 80s turtles into mike and had them act dumb in forever.

It also loses points for releasing a edit version on dvd. (the uk dvd is uncut so why is the american dvd chopped up?)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Both had the Mirage Turtles.
    They were? Man, it's been a while since I watched 2K12.

(Did they make a belt buckle joke?)