Default Mandalorian to get comics, novels, reference books

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-mandal...comics-novels/

Pretty much everything the films (and we have no film this year and it's unclear when the next one comes out) have got-there's going to be a visual guide, art of as well as novels and comics.

I'm also curious if the High Republic being delayed might've played into expanding it to include novels and comics, which were also slatted for HR.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'd certainly love more Mandalorian

What about the DVDs?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'm guessing they're still keeping it streaming-only for a while as an incentive to get the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm guessing they're still keeping it streaming-only for a while as an incentive to get the surface.
    I imagine there will be DVD's soon enough, possibly just before the second season. That's how Netflix has handled the Stranger Things DVDs and CBS did the same with the last season of Start Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I imagine there will be DVD's soon enough, possibly just before the second season. That's how Netflix has handled the Stranger Things DVDs and CBS did the same with the last season of Start Trek.
    Guess we'll see (although seeing as we're still waiting for the rest of Star Wars: Resistance on DVD, I'm not exactly optimistic -- unless we'll have to settle for buying digital copies or something).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Guess we'll see (although seeing as we're still waiting for the rest of Star Wars: Resistance on DVD, I'm not exactly optimistic -- unless we'll have to settle for buying digital copies or something).
    Season 2 only just ended in January and with covid halting everything after that the delay really isn't all that long.

Season 2 only just ended in January and with covid halting everything after that the delay really isn't all that long.
    Hope so.

10char
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-mandal...comics-novels/

Pretty much everything the films (and we have no film this year and it's unclear when the next one comes out) have got-there's going to be a visual guide, art of as well as novels and comics.

I'm also curious if the High Republic being delayed might've played into expanding it to include novels and comics, which were also slatted for HR.
    What star wars literature have you read?

Anything you'd recommend for someone who wasn't a fan of the sequel trilogy but enjoyed the prequel trilogy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash2020 View Post
    What star wars literature have you read?

Anything you'd recommend for someone who wasn't a fan of the sequel trilogy but enjoyed the prequel trilogy?
    I really loved the Republic Commando series

So cool, I'm estatic.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I really loved the Republic Commando series
    thanks so much for the tip! if it's not too much trouble, will you let me know a little more about it like is it a graphic novel, any games/movies based on it, how long is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash2020 View Post
    thanks so much for the tip! if it's not too much trouble, will you let me know a little more about it like is it a graphic novel, any games/movies based on it, how long is it?
    It was a series of novels following a unit of Clones towards the end of the Clone Wars. It originally spun out of the Xbox video game Star Wars: Republic which was a pretty solid FSP game but the book series ended up being so good it lasted long after the life of the game.

It followed a different set of clones commandos than the ones in the game.

The RCs from the game are still canon as they made a cameo in Clone Wars (although the game events aren't, or haven't been reinterpreted to fit more with the Disney canon), and another RC, Gregor, was a pivotal part of the Droid-centric episodes of Clone Wars. He also was one of the Clones who appeared in Rebels.

The RC novels are one of the more enjoyable Lucas-era Clone Wars novels. While the comics were pretty good, a lot of the CW-era novels kind of stunk-"Jedi Trial" "Medstar" "The Cestus Deception" are mostly forgettable, although "Shatterpoint" and "Yoda: Dark Rendevous" did stand out.