Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Default X-Men / Fantastic Four #4 Previews

All preview pages can be found at PreviewsWorld

Judging by the previews, I don't have high expectations for the conclusion of this series. Seven preview pages and it's mostly filler IMO
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-17-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Isn't this issue 1?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Isn't this issue 1?
    Yes...I am looking and not seeing anything for previews except the covers.

God I forgot this crap still had yet to conclude.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

So...that's how that works...Wolverine kills a Latverian citizen and Beast says Doom declared war...

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Doom put a Latverian citizen on a sentinel and Wolverine tried to destroy the sentinels killing a citizen of Latveria that was put there by his own goverment, a false flag, I guess thatīs why Hank said Doom declared War.

I donīt have much hopes for the end of this series but I am curious if Chip at least will end this on a highter note
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

EDIT: Never mind.

BANNED

well who cares, we got swords baby and its clear this series was completly inconsequencial, but least the f4 stans got a short vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Doom put a Latverian citizen on a sentinel and Wolverine tried to destroy the sentinels killing a citizen of Latveria that was put there by his own goverment, a false flag, I guess thatīs why Hank said Doom declared War.

I donīt have much hopes for the end of this series but I am curious if Chip at least will end this on a highter note
    That wasn't a sentinel. That was just a citizen of Latveria in a Doom-like armour who protected his homeland from the illegal infiltration by Krakoan forces. Also Beast didn't even had the context of that. He just heard that Latverian citizen was murdered and yet he still blames Doom for his perfectly justified actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    That wasn't a sentinel. That was just a citizen of Latveria in a Doom-like armour who protected his homeland from the illegal infiltration by Krakoan forces. Also Beast didn't even had the context of that. He just heard that Latverian citizen was murdered and yet he still blames Doom for his perfectly justified actions.
    This would mean the citizen was a volunterr and he wasnīt and this hardly looks like an armor, seriously this pov of "everything Krakoa does is evil and wrong" is getting to absurd levels if I have to argue a person that was probably tortured and put inside a robot is somehow defending his country from the "evil mutants".

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

[QUOTE=Lucyinthesky;5054592]This would mean the citizen was a volunterr and he wasnīt and this hardly looks like an armor, seriously this pov of "everything Krakoa does is evil and wrong" is getting to absurd levels if I have to argue a person that was probably tortured and put inside a robot is somehow defending his country from the "evil mutants".

You misremember the issue. Those Sentinels were only launched after Krakoan's murdered a civilian. And this is no PoV, this is truth. Doom offered to solve their problem for them, but instead of sitting in the castle, they started infiltrating the island. Of course they were met with opposition. They even were going earlier in the series to F4 "We are a country, your infiltration is spying, don't pull that on us" and then the hipocrytes do the same to Doom.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    This would mean the citizen was a volunterr and he wasnīt and this hardly looks like an armor, seriously this pov of "everything Krakoa does is evil and wrong" is getting to absurd levels if I have to argue a person that was probably tortured and put inside a robot is somehow defending his country from the "evil mutants".

You misremember the issue. Those Sentinels were only launched after Krakoan's murdered a civilian. And this is no PoV, this is truth. Doom offered to solve their problem for them, but instead of sitting in the castle, they started infiltrating the island. Of course they were met with opposition. They even were going earlier in the series to F4 "We are a country, your infiltration is spying, don't pull that on us" and then the hipocrytes do the same to Doom.
    Truth.....

They were rescuing mutants of that Latverian island because they seemed fearful of Dr Doom, all this story Victor has been talking about the "god power" trying to harness it, this power seems to be linked to mutants and Franklin somehow, the person Wolverine stabbed thinking it was a Doombot, wasnīt even concious of what he was doing before he died inside that armor, in fact Doom was shown putting a big number of "HIS OWN PEOPLE" on that armors to harness this power, thatīs why I donīt buy this "he was protecting his country" nonsense, Doom knew they were going to do that and put his trap thatīs a typical false flag.

Yes diplomatically speaking they should have waited before getting into trouble, thatīs true of them as well as the fantastic four actions on Krakoa, but to be fair at least the X-men were not caught spying one of Dr Doomīs meetings and Doom was aware of their presence on his territory, unlike the FF who went hidden, attacked the X-men on their home and still pretended they were the ones being attacked.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-17-2020 at 04:17 PM.

I had really high hopes for this mini-series because I thought Zdarsky’s Two-in-One was great, but this just hasn’t worked well. Maybe it’s that he struggles with a larger cast?

I do feel he might also be hampered with whatever Slott has planned for the F4.