Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Looking for European comic book stores

Except for Cheap-comics, are there any other well-priced European online shops out there? I saw both Speedyhen and Books Etc. recommended - but neither of them ship to the European mainland currently, and they have given no indication of when (if ever) they'll resume to do so.

I'm primarily looking for collected editions of Marvel.

I'd rather avoid Amazon currently, as their prices - although lower than local shops - are certainly not low enough to endure their absurdly poor packaging.
    Last edited by Hive; 07-01-2020 at 10:31 AM.

There's Archonia.com, mostly for manga but I always pre-order comics through them. They sell both single issues and collected editions for good prices (imo). Packaging is also great, by the way.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Bookdepository

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    There's Archonia.com, mostly for manga but I always pre-order comics through them. They sell both single issues and collected editions for good prices (imo). Packaging is also great, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Bookdepository
    Thanks for the tips, but neither of them seems to have particularly competitive prices compared to Speedyhen and Books Etc.

Cheap-comics is really the only option left for mainland Europe atm if you want to avoid Amazon, and even their prices can be steep for new books. Booksetc. usually had the best prices (although more for DC than Marvel), but as you already said, they only ship to UK addresses right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Their shippingcosts are way to high.

Cheap-comics is good for sales. But he isn't that cheap anymore for new titles.

I'm wondering if there are other problems at Booksetc. Their stock isn't what it used to be. The new Hellblazer omni hasn't been up for sale for example.

I'm wondering if there are other problems at Booksetc. Their stock isn't what it used to be. The new Hellblazer omni hasn't been up for sale for example.
    I am hoping it's a temporary thing, because their stock started dropping, generally speaking, when Covid started (this is my anecdotic observation, let's put it that way)

Fantastic Member

https://blackwells.co.uk/ for new stuff (as long as books etc is defunct for the eu)

and there is cheap comics for sales and quite a few ebay sellers for rarities.

Spectacular Member

Although they've suspended international delivery, Hive.co.uk is generally well priced, and they often have 10% codes.

I guess at the moment, Forbidden Planet is best for those outside the UK if Amazon is not an option and Reed too expensive. There's also Alibris; You can order books straight from the US suppliers and postage cost will be cheaper than domestic shipping, and there's nearly always bunch of discount codes on the website (a similar option is Abebooks). Just be careful that some (not all) of the US suppliers don't store their books in great condition!

Booksetc. is shipping to Europe again!

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I am hoping it's a temporary thing, because their stock started dropping, generally speaking, when Covid started (this is my anecdotic observation, let's put it that way)
    I'm hoping it's not for long too.

Their shippingcosts are way to high.
    I live in the UK, for me their shipping costs aren't too bad. But for mainland Europe you're totally right, I just looked at their FAQ page on shipping costs and... wow!