Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I ordered before Brexit, but it was shipped after. They decided to ship it seperately. After four weeks one arrived with a value of 58 cents to high (22,58), so I had to pay 15 euro VAT etc. I have no idea where the other one is. Waiting for an answer on that. If they gave it the same value I'm in for another 15 euro. That's something I'm not willing to lay since they made a choice to ship it seperately. I could have ordered it in Europe: faster and cheaper.
    The second book arrived yesterday. They gave it the same value on the customs forms. But this one came without extra fees etc. I think it's up to the day how they calculate the value in pounds to euros?

Fantastic Member

Heads up, EU collectors. Walts Comic Shop has launched a pre-order program with pretty good conditions: 75 euro cents on the dollar. That’s the cheapest I’ve seen from any EU shop (Comic Shop, that is; not counting Amazon & co).

https://waltscomicshop.com/collections/pre-orders

I ordered from them before and packaging and communication/service was excellent. I mainly used pre orders for DM variants, but with everything and it’s mother going OOP on release I might switch to pre-ordering everything...

If you know of other good EU shops who offer pre-orders just post here and we can compare.

All-New Member

To someone who ordered from both: who packages Omnobuses better, Speedyhen or Booksetc.? How protective is their packaging and have you ever received damaged Omnibus from either of them (in UK and EU).

Thanks

Amazing Member

Booksetc are far better, every omni I have bought from there has arrived in perfect condition.

Quote Originally Posted by kernis378 View Post
    To someone who ordered from both: who packages Omnobuses better, Speedyhen or Booksetc.? How protective is their packaging and have you ever received damaged Omnibus from either of them (in UK and EU).

Thanks
    Check this topic https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ur-Experiences!

Speedyhen are fine, but booksetc are pretty much bombproof.

Incredible Member

Don't know if they've been mentioned here before, but has anyone ordered anything from vandalcomx.com?
    They claim to be able to order books from the supplier that are sold out everywhere else. How reliable is this?

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Don't know if they've been mentioned here before, but has anyone ordered anything from vandalcomx.com?
    They claim to be able to order books from the supplier that are sold out everywhere else. How reliable is this?
    I've seen the site. Never ordered from them. I find it hard to believe they can order oop books.

Incredible Member

I've seen the site. Never ordered from them. I find it hard to believe they can order oop books.
    Yeah, same here.

Yeah, same here.
    For oop books, you can best check cheap comics.

Incredible Member

For oop books, you can best check cheap comics.
    Oh I have. The books in question were the earlier volumes of the Caped Crusader/Dark Knight Detective books. Don't wanna get the recent volumes if the early ones are nowhere to be found.

Incredible Member

I was considering buying some big books from Reed Comics, does anyone know anything about their packaging skills?

I was considering buying some big books from Reed Comics, does anyone know anything about their packaging skills?
    I’ve ordered from them a couple of times and it was always great, no damages

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I’ve ordered from them a couple of times and it was always great, no damages
    Good, thank you.

Incredible Member

I've had some business with BooksEtc recently, and I thought I would share my thoughts here.
    They have a new website now, and they offer "free shipping" worldwide, and any additional taxes and import fees are already added to the price that you see on the website. That means that the price at the checkout page is the final price for your order (just like BookDepository is doing). I decided to try this and placed 2 separate orders. Once they arrived in my country they were handed over to 2 different mail carriers, and one of them held my books in customs and demanded that I pay a fee in order to get the books released.
    After a bunch of emailing back and forth between the carrier and BooksEtc (both of them insisting that the other part is wrong and should refund me the fee) BooksEtc ended up refunding me the amount and all is now good.
    So, since the other mail carrier delivered the order to me directly without asking for any extra fees, it seems like this is completely up to which local carrier ends up taking the packages once it arrives in your country.