Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    Totally overpriced and extremely limited stock.
    Depends what you compare them to: On most items I checked they are cheaper than Archonia or Cheap-Comics (only new stock, not sales) and it's what I am used to pay at other German stores (only that packaging is not always a priority there). And they have little discount codes every now and then. But yeah, prices in the UK are for sure cheaper, probably just larger operations and thus discounts from their distributors.
    While I agree general stock is very limited, they have a very good selection of Omnis and Epics, I'd say second after Cheap-Comics as a mainland EU shop (which I also still use, especially when they have their sales). If Brexit is really coming, us mainlanders will have to think twice before ordering in the UK...

The glooming threat of Brexit made me jump on an order from Hiddenplanet last night, to get some books that Booksetc. don't have. Also made an order at cheap-comics, just because. And I'm still waiting for my December 1st Booksetc. order, getting really impatient here...

All in all, this is the most expensive comic month for me ever. But hey, it will hopefully be worth it.

So most of my Booksetc order actually arrived today - in 26 individual packages... wow. Just wow.

131490981_2478142735820503_8888777892822415343_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    So most of my Booksetc order actually arrived today - in 26 individual packages... wow. Just wow.

Nice. But why not together? No damages I hope?

The glooming threat of Brexit made me jump on an order from Hiddenplanet last night, to get some books that Booksetc. don't have. Also made an order at cheap-comics, just because. And I'm still waiting for my December 1st Booksetc. order, getting really impatient here...

All in all, this is the most expensive comic month for me ever. But hey, it will hopefully be worth it.
    Books tariffs between UK and the EU will be 0%, even without a trade deal

Incredible Member

Nice! But poor mail man!

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Books tariffs between UK and the EU will be 0%, even without a trade deal
    Yeah but I'll have to pay 25 % VAT and a handling fee for billing me the VAT...

I'm done with Booksetc now. After having sent me 3 books that were in pretty rough shape in my last order, I sent them pictures of the damage. They then wrote back that they "were not able to" offer me a partial refund, but that they could send me replacements. I would rather not have to go through the hassle of that, but accepted as the only alternative. Then a second employee wrote me back, now nixing sending me replacements and instead offered me a partial refund - if I would send them pictures of the books so they could evaluate the damage (which I had already done). The result: they offered me less than 20 % discount for what I consider to be pretty substantial damage. Left with no alternative, I accepted. But they will not be seeing more business from me, I'd rather pay more in other shops and receive books in proper condition.

Speaking of which, I have a package from Forbidden Planet coming... does anyone know how they ship? I have not received a tracking number.
    Last edited by Hive; 12-30-2020 at 12:02 PM.

I'm done with Booksetc now. After having sent me 3 books that were in pretty rough shape in my last order, I sent them pictures of the damage. They then wrote back that they "were not able to" offer me a partial refund, but that they could send me replacements. I would rather not have to go through the hassle of that, but accepted as the only alternative. Then a second employee wrote me back, now nixing sending me replacements and instead offered me a partial refund - if I would send them pictures of the books so they could evaluate the damage (which I had already done). The result: they offered me less than 20 % discount for what I consider to be pretty substantial damage. Left with no alternative, I accepted. But they will not be seeing more business from me, I'd rather pay more in other shops and receive books in proper condition.

Speaking of which, I have a package from Hiddenplanet coming... does anyone know how they ship? I have not received a tracking number.
    Hidden Planet or Forbidden Planet?

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Hidden Planet or Forbidden Planet?
    Oh right, I meant Forbidden Planet.

Oh right, I meant Forbidden Planet.
    I go to their London Megastore quite often (well, not so much this year for obvious reasons). Only ordered online from them once, an Epic Collection as I was afraid it would go OOS, packaging was great. I don’t remember who the carrier (I think it was DPD, but not sure) was but I don’t think there was any tracking.
    Last edited by hyped78; 12-30-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I've always liked the Forbidden Planet in Coventry, as well. I am now closer to the one in London but I'm not a big fan of it. Lacks a 'vibe'. Feels very 'chain'.

Amazing Member

Speaking of which, I have a package from Forbidden Planet coming... does anyone know how they ship? I have not received a tracking number.
    How do you contact them, I wrote to them about one book they was damage didn't get any answer, and they didn't send me one book that I ordered on 27th November ?

Quote Originally Posted by xanar View Post
    How do you contact them, I wrote to them about one book they was damage didn't get any answer, and they didn't send me one book that I ordered on 27th November ?
    I used the contact form on their website. They always respond when I've done that.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xanar View Post
    I used the contact form on their website. They always respond when I've done that.
    Just as Hive wrote, I've always used the contact form quoting the purchase Order No. and the book name(s) and they've always got back to me and come up with the goods