Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Tried out cheap-comics.com for the first time. Placed my order this monday and recieved the books today, well packed and all. The books were 45 euros and shipping landed at 15 euros (to Sweden). Pretty good I must say.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Tried out cheap-comics.com for the first time. Placed my order this monday and recieved the books today, well packed and all. The books were 45 euros and shipping landed at 15 euros (to Sweden). Pretty good I must say.
    Yes, in my experience them and waltscomicshop.com are the best in the EU when it comes to packaging (at least when it comes to omnis, which is what I mainly buy). But how can you spend under 300 euros when ordering from cheap-comics?! They have the craziest amount of backstock not only in Europe, but I think on a global level. Whenever I am looking for an older book, especially obscure trades, cheap-comics is the first I check out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    Yes, in my experience them and waltscomicshop.com are the best in the EU when it comes to packaging (at least when it comes to omnis, which is what I mainly buy). But how can you spend under 300 euros when ordering from cheap-comics?! They have the craziest amount of backstock not only in Europe, but I think on a global level. Whenever I am looking for an older book, especially obscure trades, cheap-comics is the first I check out.
    Haha. At first I had more books in the cart but I did not want to make a too a big order when it was my first time. But I do plan on buying from them again.

Incredible Member

Has anyone bought anything from Booksetc since the new year, or any other UK-based site? Were there any extra fees to pay or not?

Amazing Member

Please note, BOOKS etc. free delivery applies to UK addresses only.

VAT / Tax
    The prices payable for goods are as set out in the website, inclusive of VAT where applicable (books are currently zero rated in the UK). Customers ordering for delivery outside of the UK will be responsible for payment of any local taxes payable including VAT, and will be required to pay extra for delivery and clearance where necessary.

Customs Charges
    If you are ordering goods for delivery outside of the UK, please note that your consignment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the goods reach the country of destination. Any such charges levied in relation to customs clearance must be paid by you. It is accepted by you that BOOKS etc. has no control over additional charges in relation to customs clearance. BOOKS etc. recommend that you check with your local customs officials or post office for more information regarding importation taxes/duties that may be applicable to your online order. You will be the importer of record and responsible for any import taxes and duty that needs to be paid. In addition, any charges for import clearance will be paid by you, the customer.

Has anyone bought anything from Booksetc since the new year, or any other UK-based site? Were there any extra fees to pay or not?
    You will pay import fees on orders above 20 to 25 euros, typically

I ordered before Brexit, but it was shipped after. They decided to ship it seperately. After four weeks one arrived with a value of 58 cents to high (22,58), so I had to pay 15 euro VAT etc. I have no idea where the other one is. Waiting for an answer on that. If they gave it the same value I'm in for another 15 euro. That's something I'm not willing to lay since they made a choice to ship it seperately. I could have ordered it in Europe: faster and cheaper.

Amazing Member

To be specific you should pay + vat that is on books in your country and + cost of customs.

Incredible Member

Thanks guys. I keep hearing People talk about that UK made a special agreement regarding trade but I guess not.
    VAT here is only 6 percent but The administrational cost is usually pretty high instead.

Thanks guys. I keep hearing People talk about that UK made a special agreement regarding trade but I guess not.
    VAT here is only 6 percent but The administrational cost is usually pretty high instead.
    The VAT is 9% here, but the administration costs 13 euro or more, depends on the company. And you pay that every time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I ordered before Brexit, but it was shipped after. They decided to ship it seperately. After four weeks one arrived with a value of 58 cents to high (22,58), so I had to pay 15 euro VAT etc. I have no idea where the other one is. Waiting for an answer on that. If they gave it the same value I'm in for another 15 euro. That's something I'm not willing to lay since they made a choice to ship it seperately. I could have ordered it in Europe: faster and cheaper.
    Ah, that sucks man.

I placed an order before Brexit, got confirmation that it was shipped before Brexit... but it apparantly wasn't shipped until January 18. The seller, Forbidden Planet, and the carrier, DPD, each blamed each other - and I was stuck with the bill.

I was NOT pleased.

They did - the deal entails no tariffs or quotas. But there is still a customs border in place, so that means import fees (besides VAT).

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I placed an order before Brexit, got confirmation that it was shipped before Brexit... but it apparantly wasn't shipped until January 18. The seller, Forbidden Planet, and the carrier, DPD, each blamed each other - and I was stuck with the bill.

I was NOT pleased.
    I think it's just been some bad weeks, the situation in customs has been hectic with a lot of backlogs. But yeah, the customer (you) shouldn't be stuck with the bill!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    They did - the deal entails no tariffs or quotas. But there is still a customs border in place, so that means import fees (besides VAT).
    Ah, I see.