Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 104 of 104
  1. #91
    Mighty Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I ordered before Brexit, but it was shipped after. They decided to ship it seperately. After four weeks one arrived with a value of 58 cents to high (22,58), so I had to pay 15 euro VAT etc. I have no idea where the other one is. Waiting for an answer on that. If they gave it the same value I'm in for another 15 euro. That's something I'm not willing to lay since they made a choice to ship it seperately. I could have ordered it in Europe: faster and cheaper.
    The second book arrived yesterday. They gave it the same value on the customs forms. But this one came without extra fees etc. I think it's up to the day how they calculate the value in pounds to euros?

  2. #92
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Heads up, EU collectors. Walts Comic Shop has launched a pre-order program with pretty good conditions: 75 euro cents on the dollar. That’s the cheapest I’ve seen from any EU shop (Comic Shop, that is; not counting Amazon & co).

    https://waltscomicshop.com/collections/pre-orders

    I ordered from them before and packaging and communication/service was excellent. I mainly used pre orders for DM variants, but with everything and it’s mother going OOP on release I might switch to pre-ordering everything...

    If you know of other good EU shops who offer pre-orders just post here and we can compare.

  3. #93
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    1

    Default

    To someone who ordered from both: who packages Omnobuses better, Speedyhen or Booksetc.? How protective is their packaging and have you ever received damaged Omnibus from either of them (in UK and EU).

    Thanks

  4. #94
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Booksetc are far better, every omni I have bought from there has arrived in perfect condition.

  5. #95
    Mighty Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kernis378 View Post
    To someone who ordered from both: who packages Omnobuses better, Speedyhen or Booksetc.? How protective is their packaging and have you ever received damaged Omnibus from either of them (in UK and EU).

    Thanks
    Check this topic https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ur-Experiences!

  6. #96
    Fantastic Member The Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Speedyhen are fine, but booksetc are pretty much bombproof.

  7. #97
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Don't know if they've been mentioned here before, but has anyone ordered anything from vandalcomx.com?
    They claim to be able to order books from the supplier that are sold out everywhere else. How reliable is this?

  8. #98
    Mighty Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Don't know if they've been mentioned here before, but has anyone ordered anything from vandalcomx.com?
    They claim to be able to order books from the supplier that are sold out everywhere else. How reliable is this?
    I've seen the site. Never ordered from them. I find it hard to believe they can order oop books.

  9. #99
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I've seen the site. Never ordered from them. I find it hard to believe they can order oop books.
    Yeah, same here.

  10. #100
    Mighty Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Yeah, same here.
    For oop books, you can best check cheap comics.

  11. #101
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    For oop books, you can best check cheap comics.
    Oh I have. The books in question were the earlier volumes of the Caped Crusader/Dark Knight Detective books. Don't wanna get the recent volumes if the early ones are nowhere to be found.

  12. #102
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    440

    Default

    I was considering buying some big books from Reed Comics, does anyone know anything about their packaging skills?

  13. #103
    Fantastic Member hyped78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I was considering buying some big books from Reed Comics, does anyone know anything about their packaging skills?
    I’ve ordered from them a couple of times and it was always great, no damages

  14. #104
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I’ve ordered from them a couple of times and it was always great, no damages
    Good, thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •