Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Hulk vs. Doomsday

Both get stronger as they get angrier. But Doomsday has bone spurs. Who would win.
    Assassinate Putin!

Assuming current versions?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Assuming current versions?
    I'm... pretty sure Rebirth Superman blitzed Doomsday and wailed on his face at speed. The end-result was, like, Doomsday not caring and Superman's fists being a bloody pulp.

He's going to body any version of Hulk.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'm... pretty sure Rebirth Superman blitzed Doomsday and wailed on his face at speed. The end-result was, like, Doomsday not caring and Superman's fists being a bloody pulp.

Wait.

Did you just....read my mind?

"Is that you Charles Xavier? Is this me?"

Seriously though. Sounds like I need to catch me up some Superman. That's just nuts if he no sold rebirth Clark.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

The Superman that failed to hurt Doomsday was specifically post crisis Superman. New 52 Superman had died at this point and post crisis had come and replaced him. Sometime later, both versions merged to form "Rebirth" Superman

Moreover this was a post crisis Superman operating at less than full power because of being in a different universe

https://m.imgur.com/lJ3KuP4

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

That is precisely what happened. Clark nailed him with over 4,000 punches. All he accomplished was busting his own knuckles up.

In the same fight, Doomsday was also catching Wonder Woman's sword by the blade and pulling it out of her grip without getting cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Wait.

Did you just....read my mind?

"Is that you Charles Xavier? Is this me?"

Seriously though. Sounds like I need to catch me up some Superman. That's just nuts if he no sold rebirth Clark.
    So, to provide the full context, it wasn't reeaally Rebirth Superman as we know him that DD ignored.

At the time, it was actually just Post Crisis Superman before he merged with his Nu52 counterpart. So yeah, Rebirth DD can functionally ignore Post Crisis Kryptonians.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    The Superman that failed to hurt Doomsday was specifically post crisis Superman. New 52 Superman had died at this point and post crisis had come and replaced him. Sometime later, both versions merged to form "Rebirth" Superman

Moreover this was a post crisis Superman operating at less than full power because of being in a different universe

https://m.imgur.com/lJ3KuP4
    Aaaand blitzed by DK.

Do we know how much weaker he was? He was still capable of tossing DD halfway across the planet and shoving around those huge earthquake machines at the earth's core, right? Like, he was still Class 100. Unless I'm missing something - might totally be the case.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Aaaand blitzed by DK.

Do we know how much weaker he was? He was still capable of tossing DD halfway across the planet and shoving around those huge earthquake machines at the earth's core, right? Like, he was still Class 100. Unless I'm missing something - might totally be the case.
    Earlier on in his own series he struggled to contain an earthquake. He was kinda struggling to dig a trench in the ocean floor

https://m.imgur.com/a/t7vEply

Earthquake thing

https://i.postimg.cc/NfJrNHNv/image.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/VkJ02kTr/image.jpg

Later on, they kinda just forgot that he was supposed to be weaker although no one in the comics explicitly denied or contradicted it (and there were other instances of indirectly noting this). Jurgens who wrote the DD stuff was just writing him as he always wrote him- meh class 100, meh story, meh personality......

Current Hulk still has the suoer ultimate fast regen, no? I temember from another thread it was agreed WarThor and Unworthy wouldn't be able to put him down even with a blitz.

Given Doomsday’s durability and Hulk’s regen, this sounds like a classic BFR coin-flip.

DD wins. He simply is better.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

unless there is a new version out there i'm not aware of, DD's power doesn't get bigger the madder he gets.

I agree he’s better. But since neither has any speed to speak of, and since they’re both very difficult to kill or 10-count, and since both have the strength to space-toss, that seems the likely outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    That is precisely what happened. Clark nailed him with over 4,000 punches. All he accomplished was busting his own knuckles up.

In the same fight, Doomsday was also catching Wonder Woman's sword by the blade and pulling it out of her grip without getting cut.

So, to provide the full context, it wasn't reeaally Rebirth Superman as we know him that DD ignored.

At the time, it was actually just Post Crisis Superman before he merged with his Nu52 counterpart. So yeah, Rebirth DD can functionally ignore Post Crisis Kryptonians.
    Wait, are we talking this performance?

5659491-doomsday speed feat.jpg
    ----------------------