Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Writers can be idiots at times.
    Honestly? Makes me want to try my hand at writing comics. Stories might be thin, but power levels would a little more close to home.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Well if you assume he did no damage (and I believe the comic's writer confirmed that was Clark's blood, not Doomsday's) then 4000 times zero is still zero.

This version of Doomsday just seems to be THAT tough. The real question is how he manages to then catch Clark.
    And see that's my thing. I would think he would eventually be able to chip away long enough, albeit untouched for a win.

I suppose a win (between Hulk and and DD) comes down to space toss?
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Honestly? Makes me want to try my hand at writing comics. Stories might be thin, but power levels would a little more close to home.
    Honestly given how we write I am led to 3 conclusions.

1: At best we get limited mini series ( Alan Moore Watch Men or Frank Miller Batman stuff.)

2: Alan Moore Swamp Thing ( well loved, but obscure)

3: At worst, gets retconned by next writing staff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Honestly given how we write I am led to 3 conclusions.

1: At best we get limited mini series ( Alan Moore Watch Men or Frank Miller Batman stuff.)

2: Alan Moore Swamp Thing ( well loved, but obscure)

3: At worst, gets retconned by next writing staff.
    Lol, well said.
    ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Well if you assume he did no damage (and I believe the comic's writer confirmed that was Clark's blood, not Doomsday's) then 4000 times zero is still zero.

This version of Doomsday just seems to be THAT tough. The real question is how he manages to then catch Clark.
    Adaptation, and a liberal application of "GUH".
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    It's not as HP DD frankly stomped folks with better feats

No, that's just the writer typically forgetting how fast Superman really is.....which isnt surprising for this particular writer . He wrote the Death of Superman after all, where they just stood and punched each other at regular speeds
    Well Superman really wasn't all that fast back in DoS, so it isn't too out there, but it was a lackluster fight.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Adaptation, and a liberal application of "GUH".
    To repeat myself: Clark inexplicably slows down. His arms are no longer a blur in the final panels and he is counting each individual blow. That is how DD manages to catch his fist.

It's weird (dumb).

Possibly even "GUH".
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Well Superman really wasn't all that fast back in DoS, so it isn't too out there, but it was a lackluster fight.
    He was.

If nothing else, the same writer wrote Superman racing the Flash around the world on foot at "several times" the speed of sound.

There's other, better stuff, just this helps drive in the point of the writer (like most writers) typically tending to ignore (the extent of) superspeed as and when required

Personally I like Jurgens. I get the complaint, but his stuff is enjoyable to me. =)
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Personally I like Jurgens. I get the complaint, but his stuff is enjoyable to me. =)
    Oh this is less a complaint against Jurgens and more about superspeed being the most PIS prone power

Also, I think the Hunter/Prey Doomsday is probably the single strongest version of the character if we take everything from DoS to his death in OWAW as one single character

The guy massacred Darkseid, Orion, MMH, Diana and Clark himself mostly just bounced off him in this period

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    To repeat myself: Clark inexplicably slows down. His arms are no longer a blur in the final panels and he is counting each individual blow. That is how DD manages to catch his fist.

It's weird (dumb).

Possibly even "GUH".
    His hands probably feel ouchie.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Also, I think the Hunter/Prey Doomsday is probably the single strongest version of the character if we take everything from DoS to his death in OWAW as one single character

The guy massacred Darkseid, Orion, MMH, Diana and Clark himself mostly just bounced off him in this period
    Well Clark couldnt hurt DD here either(and Clark did claim this was the same DD as the one who killed him, just like hunter prey), so I would think that would make them comparable.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Well Clark couldnt hurt DD here either(and Clark did claim this was the same DD as the one who killed him, just like hunter prey), so I would think that would make them comparable.
    Not by feats

It's like that Jay Garrick thing in the other thread. Just because the thing happened in a previous continuity doesnt mean it is equally applicable in the current continuity on the same terms

And the Doomsday that killed Clark was explicitly upgraded by Hunter Prey into something more powerful. Clark was also explicitly powered up after his death such that he himself notes the change in strength and speed in subsequent comics. Just like Jay explicitly grew older and struggled to reach his former speeds (aside from the whole thing where the older event happened in literally another universe Earth 2 that got merged consequently with post-crisis earth wherein the JSA became a part of post crisis earth 1 continuity, preceeding the JLA, which they had never been earlier)

Or to put it simply, the HP/DD wars/OWAW Doomsday was ragdolling people who could move moons and the new version was not getting scratched by someone struggling to reach the inner core.

Ok so Superman's big feat at the time of failing to scratch DD was trying and failing to reach the inner core.

https://m.imgur.com/a/kXCLZZi

Post crisis Superman

https://i.postimg.cc/63fr8vzK/image.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/wMxhLjbm/image.jpg

I mean his clone punched his body clean through the earth and dude came out smiling although tbf that's Bizarros default state. Even so clearly didnt take damage

https://m.imgur.com/gQ3GegS

Which makes sense as it was a weakened post crisis superman when he faced Doomsday in the new continuity
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 07-04-2020 at 03:46 AM.