Mighty Member

Default Sega games they should turn into movie's? (Sonic)

Finally saw the sonic movie after a three month closure. It featured the Sega logo accompanied by images of Lotsa eighties Sega games.

Which games would you wanna see as movies?

Outrunners would make a cool fast furious type flick. Shinobi a cool ninja action film and altered beast a fantasy film with lots of ankle kicking!

Golden axe would be best with lots of fleeing villagers, goblins stealing stuff and a badass final boss. The movie could end with the heroes and villains jumping out of a multiplex screen and bringing their fight into our world.

And your Sega movie's?

Altered Beast.

Greek mythology and animal transformations, that could work.

I mean, ideally none, but maybe the title and imagery of Outrun could be turned into an existentialist road movie along the lines of Vanishing Point.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

toejam and earl

vectorman

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

You could probably do a good 80s style buddy cop movie loosely based around the Streets of Rage franchise. Ditto for Yakuza/Ryuu ga Gotoku. Comic Zone might work sure personally well as a Who Framed Roger Rabbit? type of deal.

And while it isn't really movies, I think that Valkyria Revolution would have made a better anime than a game (though the latter could be addressed with some relatively minor gameplay tweaks and better pacing). On a similar note, Shenmue would probably make a pretty great live action TV series set in 80s Japan.

Also, Persona games can make good anime series, but I think that I would like to see a Carnival Phantasm style slice of life mixed with a thousand tons of weirdness style series starting all of the various Persona casts.

I kinda want to see a Wreck it Ralph kinda movie based off of the Sonic & All-Stars racing games, starring Ristar as he tries to learn how to drive, and ends with the post-credit announcement of him not only being playable in a direct sequel to Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Ristar himself getting a new solo game.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-08-2020 at 10:49 PM.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Not the games themselves, but you could easily set an anime series in the Shining or Phantasy Star universe.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Mighty Member

Night trap slasher movie...

Madworld would make a good movie

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Yakuza, Yakuza and Yakuza.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    You could probably do a good 80s style buddy cop movie loosely based around the Streets of Rage franchise. Ditto for Yakuza/Ryuu ga Gotoku. Comic Zone might work sure personally well as a Who Framed Roger Rabbit? type of deal.

And while it isn't really movies, I think that Valkyria Revolution would have made a better anime than a game (though the latter could be addressed with some relatively minor gameplay tweaks and better pacing). On a similar note, Shenmue would probably make a pretty great live action TV series set in 80s Japan.

Also, Persona games can make good anime series, but I think that I would like to see a Carnival Phantasm style slice of life mixed with a thousand tons of weirdness style series starting all of the various Persona casts.

I kinda want to see a Wreck it Ralph kinda movie based off of the Sonic & All-Stars racing games, starring Ristar as he tries to learn how to drive, and ends with the post-credit announcement of him not only being playable in a direct sequel to Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Ristar himself getting a new solo game.
    Persona games already have animes. Persona 4 got two animes. Persona 5 got one. Persona 3 got a series of movies.

First Valkryia game got an anime. The less said about it the better.

Mentioning Valkyria...I remember when I saw Valkyria Chronicles in the SEGA logo for the Sonic movie that made me think it would make a great movie, but there's no way you could adapt it's gorgeous aesthetic into live-action, and that's half the appeal of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    OMG! Was it really that bad? I was totally looking forward to this coming stateside and getting dubbed.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Persona games already have animes. Persona 4 got two animes. Persona 5 got one. Persona 3 got a series of movies.

I should have clarified it as, "We already know that Persona games can make good anime series, but I think that I would like to see a Carnival Phantasm style slice of life mixed with a thousand tons of weirdness type of series starring all the various Persona casts."

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Shenmue would be a cool movie.

The Yakuza spinoff Judgement could work.

Bayonetta 1 was technically a Sega game but its got a weak cast and unnecessarily convoluted plot so I'm not sure its that good of an idea.

Virtua Fighter could be a movie but it would have to create the plot from scratch.

I think creating a new cast/story specifically for a potential Persona movie is a good way to go.