Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Black Canary was indeed a member of the JSA and joined much earlier than 1947 in the planned DC Timeline that Didio leaked. Who knows if that's still in play, but I don't see why not. Retroactively having Black Canary joining the JSA and JLA works better for and new stories set in the past. The more female superheroines we can get in flashback tales, the better. And, in the original stories in which Black Canary doesn't appear, she was off on another case that day
    Actually, Dinah Laurel Lance no longer exists. The current Black Canary is named Dinah Lance but her maiden name is Drake.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    Actually, Dinah Laurel Lance no longer exists. The current Black Canary is named Dinah Lance but her maiden name is Drake.
    That was last year. Continuity changes fast around the DCU

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Here's some folks who I think are MIS(please correct me if I'm wrong):

Baron Blitzkreig
    Composite Superman
    Flamebird(Bette Kane)
    Golden Eagle
    Isis
    Kung
    Osiris
    Queen Clea
    Red Star
    White Magician
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Here's some folks who I think are MIS(please correct me if I'm wrong):

Baron Blitzkreig
    Composite Superman
    Flamebird(Bette Kane)
    Golden Eagle
    Isis
    Kung
    Osiris
    Queen Clea
    Red Star
    White Magician
    Dr Psycho hasn't been seen since pre-Flashpoint too, I think.

Bette made a cameo in Tynion's 'Tec run. She's at West Point but was only there for, like, a page or two.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Bette made a cameo in Tynion's 'Tec run. She's at West Point but was only there for, like, a page or two.

Thanks for the info on Flamebird.

Dr. Psycho appeared in cameo form during James Robinson's run on Wonder Woman a few years back. It was alluded to that he had a part in Vanessa becoming the current Silver Swan.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Doctor Psycho made a cameo in Justice League: No Justice along with the other psychic heroes and villains assembled by Amanda Waller.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    How many Barry Allens does modern DC need?
    The answer is one. One dead Barry Allen. He was so much more interesting that way and Wally was too.

Didio's argument that Wally could never be interesting because he would always exist in the context of Barry was completely backwards. Dead Barry made Wally a great character.

Didio's reasoning was akin to saying let's get rid of Batman because he's only interesting in the context of Thomas and Martha Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Does anyone know if Elongated Man is still dead?
    He shows up once in a long while to stand in the background and not say anything while Plastic Man hogs the spotlight. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Were Hawk & Dove ever removed from continuity? They had a crappy New 52 comic by Leifeld, didn't they? And then they appeared again in Titans Hunt. Currently, they haven't been seen, but I don't think that's any indication that they've been erased from the DCU.

To be clear, this thread isn't about character who haven't shown up in a while because nobody is using them, this is for character that haven't shown up in a while because nobody can use them due to retcons and reboots.
    Good to see you, Bored. Hope you and yours are doing well during all this, or at least okay.

It seems to me that, over the last year or two, DC has been increasingly cramming as many characters into as many stories as possible, all under the concept that appears in the title of the first issue of Dark Knights: Death Metal: "It all happened."

In other words, I think all past retcons are gone for now, everything counts, and (it seems) that by the end of Death Metal, no character will be off the table. I think this thread started with something like 'who have we not seen since Flashpoint' but I think he more relevant question is 'who haven't we seen since 1938.' Because we've seen all sorts of post-Infinite Crisis/CoIE characters show up or return from the dead without explanation recently. Ted Kord for just one example.

I think that's why this thread has been somewhat challenged to name characters that DC hasn't used in the last few years. And I think that if DC had seen this thread, they would have taken that opportunity to insert them into one story or another, without explanation. (See Young Justice lately for the most apparent examples. Or see upcoming issues of Death Metal.)

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Helena Wayne is elseworld by nature. Even with worlds finest she was an elseworld visitor. So can we even say that she has ever been a main world character.
    It would be accurate to say she was never from a "main world" character at the time she first appeared. But, in a significant way, it's actually the other way around. The character you're talking about was indeed a visitor from another world in Worlds' Finest. But I'm talking about the JSA/Infinity Inc. character, the original one, from the 70s.

She was not only not from an alternate earth. She was from the original DC earth which, when the Silver Age began creating alt versions of past characters like Flash and Green Lantern, they came to dub Earth-Two. (Not Earth-2 during New 52, mind you. This was Earth-Two as it existed from 1938-1985 when the earths were merged.)

Now, Helena Wayne Huntress didn't exist before the Silver Age changeover, where the only DC earth became the back-burner earth. But I'm talking about the one that appeared in JLA/JSA crossovers and starred in Infinity Inc. in the 70s and 80s respectively.

She AND Earth-Two Robin, each of whom are among my top 5 DC characters ever, have been missing since CoIE. How many characters can we say that about?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Good to see you, Bored. Hope you and yours are doing well during all this, or at least okay.

It seems to me that, over the last year or two, DC has been increasingly cramming as many characters into as many stories as possible, all under the concept that appears in the title of the first issue of Dark Knights: Death Metal: "It all happened."

In other words, I think all past retcons are gone for now, everything counts, and (it seems) that by the end of Death Metal, no character will be off the table. I think this thread started with something like 'who have we not seen since Flashpoint' but I think he more relevant question is 'who haven't we seen since 1938.' Because we've seen all sorts of post-Infinite Crisis/CoIE characters show up or return from the dead without explanation recently. Ted Kord for just one example.

I think that's why this thread has been somewhat challenged to name characters that DC hasn't used in the last few years. And I think that if DC had seen this thread, they would have taken that opportunity to insert them into one story or another, without explanation. (See Young Justice lately for the most apparent examples. Or see upcoming issues of Death Metal.)
    Nice to see you, too, BatmanJones.

I am probably in the minority, but I have been enjoying the "anything goes, time is broken" continuity they've had in the last few years, but I'm glad some kind of structure is being established that will allow the last few toys to be put back into the toybox.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Which arc?
    GA #35-40, "Kingdom".
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Zachary Zatara
    Isis and Osiris
    Red Tornado
    Lorena Marquez
    Connor Hawke
    John Henry Irons

Some that haven't appeared in a long time: Bette Kane, Fire, Ice, Equinox (I realy liked her), Stargirl...

And of course, Jon Kent. Wonder where he really is...

Bluebird
    Catgirl
    Crimson Fox
    Crimson Avenger
    Flamebird
    Harlequin=duela
    Huntress
    Onyx
    Owlwoman
    Phanton Lady
    Tarantula
    XS