Amazing Member

Default Shows/movies that have never had a home/digital release.

Some shows or movies have either only had a few home or digital releases, or have never had any releases, and you can only watch episodes on YouTube or shady video sharing sites. There can be a wide variety of reasons for this, such as rights issues or there just isn’t a high demand for the show/movie to justify a home or digital release.

What are some such shows?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Agents of SHIELD never had any physical media release after season 2. Which I am not happy about. I'm hoping they will do a complete-series set after it wraps.

My White Whale for TV on DVD used to be WKRP in Cincinnati... because of massive music licensing issues, the show was never available (even on TV) without heavy edits after the early 90's. I had a bootleg DVD set with the original music, but they were edited-for-time syndication cuts. Finally Shout Factory released a complete series set with 95% of the music restored.

Now my most-wanted list is topped by the 1960s series The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, which has been released overseas but not here. Also a restored version of the original Odd Couple... the existing versions have major cuts after the second season.

I'd also like to see a complete release of America's Castles, a series from the 90s that did walk-throughs of old mansions and estates in the U.S.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Unfortunately Daredevil Season 3, Jessica Jones S2, Punisher S1 and S2, Iron Fist S2 and Defenders don't exist as physical copies. Damn you, Netflix.

@AndrewCrossett
    Agents of SHIELD S4 I own as UK Import.

Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go is coming to Disney plus this month.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Some shows or movies have either only had a few home or digital releases, or have never had any releases, and you can only watch episodes on YouTube or shady video sharing sites. There can be a wide variety of reasons for this, such as rights issues or there just isn’t a high demand for the show/movie to justify a home or digital release.

What are some such shows?
    Muppet Babies. The 8th and final season of that show has not aired since being on CBS. A few have made it to limited videos.

Kids Inc-the show that gave us Shanice, Fergie, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Mario Lopez, Anthony Harrell and Eric Balfour.

Thea-the tv series that introduced us to Brandy (Moesha) and Derrick Cleavantss (Sliders) interesting enough both landed those shows after Thea got axed.

The Famous Jett Jackson-the late Lee Thompson Young series.

A complete Alvin & The Chipmunks series. An entire season is missing. The season that introduced thier dog Lilly-who you saw in the DTV movies in the 90s.

As Told by Ginger's final season. While the series finale aired here-the season that lead to it has not aired in the US nor snipped USA dvds.

A TON of educational PBS shows including The Voyage of the Mimi with a YOUNG Ben Afflack. The issue for all of them has been a battle to find all the cast and crew who worked on them to get permission to get a dvd release. Read All About, Pennywise, Today's Special (not really PBS show), Cover to Cover, Owl Tv (with intro by Cree Summer) and Power House are in this boat too.

South Central tv series-the show that started Jo Lo's acting career.

This is Where I Live-the show Bill Cosby PUSHED to keep on the air-it's star Doug E Doug and Flex Alexander.

Tall Hopes-the CBS series that gave us Terrance Howard. Yes he did a sitcom in 1994.

Me and the Boys-Steve Harvey's first sitcom and the last show for the late Madge Sinclair.

Hammer Man -MC Hammer's cartoon show. Along with Kid N Play's tv show, Friday the Animated series, Karate Kid animated series and way too many more cartoons to list.

If you at the WB & UPN shows-they have tons. 7th Heaven never got dvds.

Teen Nick/Snick-Cousin Skeeter, Journey of Allen Strange, Just Jordan, All That, Alex Mack, Nick Cannon, Susie Wu Mysteries and Kenan & Kel. Some of those shows you can make a case because the stars of those who went on to do more.

Mighty Member

Camp Runamuck from the 60s.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

One that has always kind of made me wonder was the NBC show Ed that starred Tom Cavanagh, Julie Bowen, Justin Long, and Michael Ian Black. It ran for 4 season but to this day has never been released on DVD/Blu Ray nor is it on any streaming service that I know of. The show is 20 years old and still no release. I can only imagine it has to do with the music rights since Ed did use alot of popular music.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/7th-Heaven-Co.../dp/B0042RJWS8

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

That might have more to do with the dad on that show turning out to be a pedophile and admitting to molesting at least 3 underage girls. I think they pulled them all off the shelves after that came out.

Extraordinary Member

MTV's The Real World

The first season (which was only 13 episodes) was released on dvd but it did not include the ending scenes during the credits or a lot of the original music.

There's been some special dvd and VHS releases but as far as I know, none of the seasons after the first one has ever been available on dvd.

I don't have any MTV digital services/channels so perhaps they're available there. Too bad the actual MTV and MTV2 channels show only 24 hour episodes of Ridiculousness.

NOTE: I stand corrected - there are some seasons available on Prime at amazon.com. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by caj; 07-02-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Ultimate Member

I could have sworn that 7th Heaven did have dvd's, and like Ed there was a show on CBS(I think it was cold case or something along those lines) that used a lot of period music from whatever year the cold case murder happened and the people that made it have said that it would never go to dvd because they couldn't pay for all of the music that they used on the series...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

As a tokusatsu fan, I've never seen a home digital release for Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, which was at least a better attempt at adapting Kamen Rider for (North) American audiences than Masked Rider back in the mid-1990s.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

While this one was never really even made it to "Cult" big, I don't think that the season that CBS has of Normal Life has ever seen any sort of a home media release.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I could have sworn that 7th Heaven did have dvd's, and like Ed there was a show on CBS(I think it was cold case or something along those lines) that used a lot of period music from whatever year the cold case murder happened and the people that made it have said that it would never go to dvd because they couldn't pay for all of the music that they used on the series...
    7th Heaven did. I bought two seasons for my mom as a Christmas gift.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua