Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Marvel Acquires Alien and Predator Comic Franchises

Marvel Unleashes Alien and Predator on the Avengers in David Finch Teasers

Damnnnnn. Firstly, poor Dark Horse, do they have anything else at this point?

On the other, Predator vs Avengers and Aliens vs GOTG? Yes please.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-02-2020 at 10:17 AM.

Fantastic Member

Aliens vs Star Wars

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

What's with all the randomness? First Conan now this? Is Conan doing well under Marvel? I liked Aaron's issues but not Savage Avengers and have no idea of numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Aliens vs Star Wars
    Aliens vs Brood

Terrible news for fans of the Brood

Here comes all the Marvel X Alien/Predator crossovers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Terrible news for fans of the Brood
    I think they stated that they wouldn’t directly interact with the Main MU just be in its own separate thing.

Fantastic Member

Alien vs Predator vs Conan

Extraordinary Member

Well, Fox studios own Aliens and Predator.

And now Disney owns Fox, who also owns Marvel

keep them on totally separate universes. they don't quite mesh. I don't need to read any retcons placing predator and xenomorph history with Marvel earth's history just don't do it.

I'd rather that if the franchises are rebooted, continued, they avoid marvel crossovers for at least a year. This isn't like Conan. The Xenomorphs and the YautJa are villains! Yes, technically the Xenos are 'animals' and the Predators have their codes of honor, but they are still villains!!! not heroes. they kill innocent people constantly. I do not want to see them treated as any sort of anti-heroes at all. Don't do it, Marvel! I'm serious. If they do this I'm calling them out on social media so viciously.

The original context of these creatures has to be maintained or it means nothing.

I'm more in favor of short mini series rather than one just ongoing series for each. Get high profile creators to get involved, let them get in, get out, one story, one artist instead of constant people jumping ship in the middle of arcs due to delays or fatigue or whatever.

Recruit people like Christopher Priest to write stories. Think outside the box for these franchises. Get more diverse writers and artists from different genres.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Damnnnnn. Firstly, poor Dark Horse, do they have anything else at this point?
    Hellboy and Black Hammer. They must hate Marvel now, this makes it four franchises they've taken off them (after Conan and Star Wars).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    keep them on totally separate universes. they don't quite mesh. I don't need to read any retcons placing predator and xenomorph history with Marvel earth's history just don't do it.

I'd rather that if the franchises are rebooted, continued, they avoid marvel crossovers for at least a year. This isn't like Conan. The Xenomorphs and the YautJa are villains! Yes, technically the Xenos are 'animals' and the Predators have their codes of honor, but they are still villains!!! not heroes. they kill innocent people constantly. I do not want to see them treated as any sort of anti-heroes at all. Don't do it, Marvel! I'm serious. If they do this I'm calling them out on social media so viciously.

The original context of these creatures has to be maintained or it means nothing.

I'm more in favor of short mini series rather than one just ongoing series for each. Get high profile creators to get involved, let them get in, get out, one story, one artist instead of constant people jumping ship in the middle of arcs due to delays or fatigue or whatever.

Recruit people like Christopher Priest to write stories. Think outside the box for these franchises. Get more diverse writers and artists from different genres.
    I doubt they will be intergrated in Marvel.

A few crossovers but that's it.

We don't see Mickey Mouse running about with Miles Morales or max Goof chilling with the Young Avengers.

I think they will keep them seperate.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I doubt they will be intergrated in Marvel.

A few crossovers but that's it.

We don't see Mickey Mouse running about with Miles Morales or max Goof chilling with the Young Avengers.

I think they will keep them seperate.
    That’s what I used to say about Conan.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    What's with all the randomness? First Conan now this? Is Conan doing well under Marvel? I liked Aaron's issues but not Savage Avengers and have no idea of numbers.

Aliens vs Brood

You must be a youngster. Marvel first had Conan back in the 1970s with a famed run by Roy Thomas and Barry Windsor Smith. There was a Conan Omnibus from that era that was a top seller in 2019

March I think was the last time there are sales figures and it was in the top 100.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-02-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    That’s what I used to say about Conan.
    Conan's appearances in Savage Avengers have been entertaining IMO. How can you top a trio of Conan, Doom and Doctor Strange?

ROM: Spaceknight or bust!!!!!