Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

They have been wanting to make another movie also but it's in the dreaded movie limbo.

Also didn't she cross over with spider-man again in a crossover a few years ago?

[IMG][/IMG]

iMan 42s

I mean it sucks that Darkhorse lost yet another license but now I guess this means I can fuel my sick obsession for Predator stuff since Marvel will pump stuff out regularly.Marvel also has a better track record but god damn did I like the Hunters series.

I’m full of mixed emotions on this but they got it...., I can now reasonably expect a push for Predator stuff again and I genuinely don’t know how I feel about that. I mean I’ll read the hell out of it but whoah this was out of fucking nowhere.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    How about getting something people actually want like Rom and Micronauts back instead of wasting money on two properties that have both been run into the dirt?
    Wasting money? Isn't it possible they simply defaulted back to Disney because they now own 20th Century Studios (formerly Fox)? And then Disney just gave them to the comics company they own.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

How about getting something people actually want like Rom and Micronauts back instead of wasting money on two properties that have both been run into the dirt?
    So you think ROM and the Micronauts will make more money then Aliens and Predator?!?!?! Who are all of these people clamoring for ROM and Micronauts?! Predator and Aliens made money for Dark Horse.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ultimate Member

IDW tried Rom and Micronauts.

However both got overshadowed by bitter fandom who could not accept a black Matt Trakker in MASK (there was a petition to fire the writer on change.org). Along with folks trying to get GI JOE writers fired even to the point of calling Hasbro about it.

Both has books or something up until 2018. Rom was in the process of getting a movie in 2018.

I will say having Aliens and Predator will mean some limitations to what they can and can't do.

Probably a toning down of the violence.

iMan 42s

Violence will not be toned down. This is the same company that put out Immortal Hulk. An Avenger who once ate a guy like he was The Thing and is routinely gored. This is the same company who also put out a comic about Carnage ripping out and assimilating people's spines. I don't buy for a second the violence is going to get toned down when it's not even comparable to stuff they're doing to an Avenger every month.

Will we see a skinned body? Maybe, even Darkhorse didn't show it that much. From Predator it's comparable to the horror content they already put out so I'm just not worried.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

Alien and Predator vs. the Dire Wraiths

Evil and Evil vs. Evil

Make it happen, Marvel! You still own the Dire Wraiths, sorta, it's complicated.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Red Sonja’s still being published by Dynamite these days. People like Gail Simone write her.

I don’t see what’s problematic. Especially with female writers.
    I for one never liked the chain mail bikini.....and neither did Barry Windsor Smith. I think that came along after he left the title. And look at that pose on that cover...the artist drew her as if she is wearing invisible stiletto high heels

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

However both got overshadowed by bitter fandom who could not accept a black Matt Trakker in MASK (there was a petition to fire the writer on change.org). Along with folks trying to get GI JOE writers fired even to the point of calling Hasbro about it.

Both has books or something up until 2018. Rom was in the process of getting a movie in 2018.

I will say having Aliens and Predator will mean some limitations to what they can and can't do.

Someone tried to make a go of M.A.S.K?!. Talk about scrapping the bottom of the barrel. I did hear about the GI Joe controversy, didn't the writer lose his mind on Twitter and say some really messed up stuff?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

We're definitely getting a Deadpool vs Predator mini
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

I don't remember that much of a stink over the race change of Matt Trakker. Although the main complaint about the race change was that the view was the M.A.S.K. team already had a diverse cast of characters, and it just seemed redundant to change things for the sake of changing things. Especially, when Hasbro, a few years before released a classic version of Trakker as part of the Joe line's 25th Anniversary series not so long before.
    I enjoyed Rom and Micronauts return via IDW. Rom a little more. But both Rom and Micronauts when introduced to the fan base that loves them today. The Spaceknight and the Voyagers From Inner-Space for a time were part of the MU as much as the X-Men ,and Spidey were when their books were published by Marvel. So I could see why it'd be hard to reignite the spark with those properties somewhere else ,and start from scratch too boot. Creating a new mythology out of something that already had a strong, small, but pretty strong fanbase. The odds might've been against it.
    On Aubrey Sitterson, and his controversial tenure on G.I. Joe. The direction Sitterson and IDW wanted to go with the Joe team didn't go over too well with longtime fans. Which really blew up with the Aubrey's controversial statements on who had the right to mourn the events of 9/11 during the day of the event's fifteenth anniversary which ended up being the straw that broke the camel's back for the Joe fan collective.
    And the stink Sitterson stirred up made a lot of Joe fans ready to dump the whole lot of Hasbro's product. Which Hasbro pushed to tell IDW to dump the yutz. Or else Hasbro would not renew their licensing agreement with IDW. Which IDW's boss Chris Ryall did end up doing. But with much kicking, screaming, and bitching.
    Last edited by The One and Only; 07-02-2020 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Well dc comics and image both have the aliens in their main universes with events from superman vs aliens popping up in the superman main comics and image the aliens killed half of one of the teams. (was it stormwatch?)

So i can see marvel having them in the main universe also.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    It doesn't even have to be the main marvel universe since the music is a multiverse. Often cross covers with franchises like Archie or the Transformers are really just What Ifs.

iMan 42s

When it came to Alien and Predator crossovers (I'm more familiar with Predator) it was typically an alternate universe thing. In the case of DC they did have some continuity between them but more often than not they'd been their own thing.

A weird little side-note however was the toy-line Neca produced that gave little backstories to a few of the Predators they made and are indeed meant to be canonical in-universe. Meaning that it was actually meant to be canon lore. Big Red debuting in the fan film Batman: Dead End encountered Batman and while Batman isn't mentioned by name, that is the vigilante the biography makes reference to. So in the world of the 87 Predator film, Batman actually encounters a Predator in Gotham city. That universe is insane when you start to dive into it. The Marvel universe is by no means out of place.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Well dc comics and image both have the aliens in their main universes with events from superman vs aliens popping up in the superman main comics and image the aliens killed half of one of the teams. (was it stormwatch?)

So i can see marvel having them in the main universe also.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    StormWatch was pretty much wiped out when the Wild C.A.T.S. showed up trying to rescue the team. The Covert Action Team barely managed to get out of the situation alive themselves. Which led to the Useless Nations shutting down StormWatch, and the Authority becoming a thing. The Superman crossover was set in the current continuity. With Supes thinking he found a lost colony of Krytonians being under siege from the Xenomorphs. And thanks to Jurgans story, art, with no small part from inker Kevin Nowlan. Created a setting, and heavy mood similar to the first two Alien flicks. It even left a bit of a dangling plot thread that sadly could've been followed up on, but never tugged on.
    When it came to crossing over the MU with either the Preds or Aliens. I always thought the Ultimate Universe would've been a good setting for the concepts to crossover. I could always see the Ultimates dealing with an infestation of Aliens.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

I think a 'Predator Kills the Marvel Universe' type mini-series would be some fun to read. Maybe some 'versus' type books would be cool if they were clearly What If?/alternate reality one-shots. I'd hate to see them join the main Marvel U. They deserve to be kept separate just like Stars Wars has. Conan was different, he already had some shared characters and clearly could fit into Marvel's past. Bringing him into the present and showing him in the future of the Marvel U felt organic. It just works. I don't see how the Aliens story could be merged into the MU. Predator would be easier to fold in and make it work, but it shouldn't be done.