Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Oh wow, this could either be a good thing or a bad thing. All I hope that is Marvel won't change up the story telling from darkhorse. Alien and Predators just wouldn't match up with Marvel's style i think.

If Justice League/Predator, Superman/Aliens, Green Lantern/Aliens and Batman/Predator were doable then Marvels characters would easily mix with the Aliens/Predators.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It's not something I want to see a lot. I don't want to see, I dunno, a Predator joining the Avengers or anything. I don't want to see A/P in the 616 very often at all. But there's no reason for it not to happen, and no reason for it to not be canon.
    It's Marvel. They won't be able to help themselves. No sooner had they got the rights to Conan again they did just that and tossed him in a Avengers title.

Occasional crossovers between certain characters and Aliens/Predators? Awesome. A Punisher or Wolverine one I would read, no problem. But sooner or later they'll begin cropping up in the main Stuff and it both takes me out of the story as well as reading like fan fiction.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The first few Aliens series actually had the further adventures of Ripley, Hicks and Newt; however Alien 3 messed that up. However, DH wanted I guess wanted to keep the same basic continuity for their comics (The Aliens had invaded Earth for a while) so a lot of the reprints renamed the characters although the continuity was still kind of weird and they missed a few places. The novel adaptations also did this, but went one step further by making Ripley an android.
    I've read those, and that's somewhat different to the idea I had. Those stories were one unified arc spread out over three miniseries', then the story was over. What I'm personally worried about is something like the short comics that came with the 90s figures where Ripley and roided up versions of the marines from Aliens went from planet to planet fighting different varieties of xenomorphs like some kind of cartoon. If anything, I'd like stories more along the lines of Labyrinth, Rogue, Genocide, Glass Corridor, and Dead Orbit.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    It's Marvel. They won't be able to help themselves. No sooner had they got the rights to Conan again they did just that and tossed him in a Avengers title.

Occasional crossovers between certain characters and Aliens/Predators? Awesome. A Punisher or Wolverine one I would read, no problem. But sooner or later they'll begin cropping up in the main Stuff and it both takes me out of the story as well as reading like fan fiction.
    Conan, yeah they didn't waste any time on that.

But everyone thought Mickey Mouse would join the Avengers within six months of the Disney buy-out and, all these years later, that's never happened. Everyone thought we'd have Luke Skywalker join the X-Men when Star Wars was bought, and that hasn't happened either.

If not for the precedent Disney and Marvel have established I'd agree with you that they'd go overboard. But they've proven that they know how to exercise restraint when it's called for.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

iMan 42s

Marvel actually has a history with Conan comics and so it wasn’t out of the question for them. Alien and Predator work just fine in the MU if they ultimately move them over. Alien maybe a little less but nothing barred Predator from crossing over with DC, Archie, or even Judge Dredd. He got into a fight with Batman and that made itself Predator canon. I wouldn’t worry about it encountering the Avengers or one cameos in a GOTG book.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Incredible Member

With all this talk of crossovers with Marvel characters ,and the Aliens and Predator. I can't help but think of Daredevil taking on a Predator. Blind superhero versus an alien game hunter with a portable cloaking device,and an arsenal capable of killing you thirty ways before you hit the ground. If there are plans for the Predators popping up throughout Marvel history, or having an effect on it have them tied to the Kravinoff Family. Sergei or some of his ancestors encountered the Yautja,which began the family's hunting obsession. Or have members of Kraven's line throughout history have gone after them at one time or another. Have a clan of Predators on an excursion to the Savage Land for the game there. When news of the slaughter reaches Sergei's ears , he realizes what's happening, and goes down there to bag his Yautja trophies to add to the family's collection. Even the Preds releasing Xenomorphs in the Savage Land to up the stakes for their hunt. Giving the fans some cool Alien , dino hybrids. Another Marvel character that I wouldn't mind seeing face a Predator would be Jack Russel, a.k.a. Werewolf By Night. Predators versus werewolves sounds like something a ten year old fanboy would come up with. But a werewolf seems like a natural target for the Yautja. Even have a Pred hunting down Jack Russel's old foes, and un fortunate legacy, the werewolf motorcycle gang known as the Braineaters. They come to Russel for help after being decimated by the Pred that has them in his crosshairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I've read those, and that's somewhat different to the idea I had. Those stories were one unified arc spread out over three miniseries', then the story was over. What I'm personally worried about is something like the short comics that came with the 90s figures where Ripley and roided up versions of the marines from Aliens went from planet to planet fighting different varieties of xenomorphs like some kind of cartoon. If anything, I'd like stories more along the lines of Labyrinth, Rogue, Genocide, Glass Corridor, and Dead Orbit.
    I've read, but I'm not entirely sure, that the toy line was intended to be an adaptation of an animated series that was never made.

It was kind of funny, having Apone and Drake somehow miracously alive, and Bishop basically rebuilt into a sort of Terminator/Robocop style cyborg.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I still remember the last time I read a book that crossed over Aliens and superheroes. WildC.A.T.s/Aliens. In that book the Stormwatch team investigated a rogue asteroid which had a xenomorph on it. Half the team was killed in that book with another sacrifcing himself to fly the infected space station into the sun to kill the xenomorphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Hey!!! Lets not forget a couple years before the Brood we had a Alien-inspired monster in X-MEN, the N-Garai demon that chased Kitty all over the mansion in Bryne last issue of his run. came out a year after Alien, and was confirmed to be inspired by the film. yeah you basically have 2 xenomorphs monsters in the MU. the intelligent Brood and the N-garai(athough there's different kinds of N-garai), athough to be honest it hard to pick which is worse to die, the Garai demons from Claremont stories implied to even consume your soul. so you wont have a afterlife once you get killed by them which is depressing. Brood are more parasitic and will spread.
    Apparently Bryne based Kitty Pryde on Sigourney Weaver. You can kind of see it in the face a bit.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Use characters they want to build u fight them.

Inhumans vs Aliens in space.

Predator vs Silver Sable and the Wildpack in the jungle.

Astonishing Member

Very cool.
    Looking forward to Alien and Predator comics books by Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    ROM: Spaceknight or bust!!!!!
    Hasbro got all of the rights to ROM and IDW was/is publishing new comics.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    With all this talk of crossovers with Marvel characters ,and the Aliens and Predator. I can't help but think of Daredevil taking on a Predator. Blind superhero versus an alien game hunter with a portable cloaking device,and an arsenal capable of killing you thirty ways before you hit the ground. If there are plans for the Predators popping up throughout Marvel history, or having an effect on it have them tied to the Kravinoff Family. Sergei or some of his ancestors encountered the Yautja,which began the family's hunting obsession. Or have members of Kraven's line throughout history have gone after them at one time or another. Have a clan of Predators on an excursion to the Savage Land for the game there. When news of the slaughter reaches Sergei's ears , he realizes what's happening, and goes down there to bag his Yautja trophies to add to the family's collection. Even the Preds releasing Xenomorphs in the Savage Land to up the stakes for their hunt. Giving the fans some cool Alien , dino hybrids. Another Marvel character that I wouldn't mind seeing face a Predator would be Jack Russel, a.k.a. Werewolf By Night. Predators versus werewolves sounds like something a ten year old fanboy would come up with. But a werewolf seems like a natural target for the Yautja. Even have a Pred hunting down Jack Russel's old foes, and un fortunate legacy, the werewolf motorcycle gang known as the Braineaters. They come to Russel for help after being decimated by the Pred that has them in his crosshairs.
    A lot of good ideas here. I’d like to see some of them come to fruition.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

iMan 42s

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2020/09/02...jones-artwork/

Posting a link here regarding some art theft. The Alien Omnibus has got a lot of good will given it will be reprinting a lot of hard to find content but Greg Land being on the cover of course results in him swiping work from the extremely talented Tristan Jones.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.