Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Hmmmm, I dunno what to think on this one. I hope they keep things more in line with what they’re doing with SW than the tie ins/crossovers with Conan.

That said, I hope to see Kev Walker on a Xeno book.

*Edit*

Perhaps something like this can become reality 😃...

F700AEA8-31B0-4127-A50A-BE3E744D55F5.jpg
    Last edited by Shinglepants; 07-02-2020 at 09:15 PM.

iMan 42s

We're probably going to have a bit of both regarding how they treat Conan and how they do Star Wars. Basically with a mainline book being its own thing where a crossover will be an AU about them in the Marvel universe.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

With the buyout it was only a matter of time. Marvel made the most of getting Conan back initially, but they did too much too soon. Then, as soon as they had him, they tossed him into the MCU. I much prefer these licensed properties exist within their own lines. Yes, do a out of continuity crossover where Marvel characters meet Alien/Predator/Conan. But I have no desire to see Predator running around in the broader MCU.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

According to Predators lore, the hunters have visited the Earth on numerous occasions in the past. I doubt there is any interest in it, but if they wanted to introduce the predators into the Marvel mythos, I could see them making enemies out of the likes of Kull, Conan, Red Sonja, the Eternals, Apocalypse, Two Gun Kid...and my favorite, Ghost Rider. Or should we call it Ghost Predator? I could also imagine a scenario where the predators went to the Savage Land. The history of the SL is already set in stone, but it would be interesting if it was retconned that the Predators created the Savage Land as their own hunting preserve.

As for Aliens and the Xenomorphs... let's ditch the idea that the Badoon take control of the Earth in the distant future and insert the Xenomorphs. A million years from now when Galactus and his daughter, Galacta, return to Earth, they find the place crawling with the pesky buggers, not a human in sight anywhere. They decide to consume the planet out of pity. Or at least they try to, realizing too late that the Xenomorphs can infest even someone like them. Galactus sacrifices himself to save his daughter and thus a Xeno-Galactus parasitic fusion results. Actually, fusion doesn't quite describe the horror. Have you seen what a Costa Rican parasitic wasp does to a spider? Yeah, it's something like that, only much, much worse. Calling itself Cocytus the Dark Ravager, the new entity sets off for the cosmos with only Galacta to stop it. Poor Galacta. To save the multiverse she'll have to kill her own father.

Predator v the Punisher, would love to see the aliens and predators in the Marvel universe.
    Predator herald of Galactus.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

We need a aliens vs the brood story.

[IMG][/IMG]

Also how long before marvel does a marvel zombies vs Predator or deadpool vs Predator story?

Guess dc will never reprint batman vs Predator for a long time now. Wonder if marvel will reprint the dark horse stories in trades?

About idw micronauts one thing people complained about (other then where are the marvel owned ones. Lol) was it was taking to long to get them to earth as small heroes. It's micronauts. They need to be micro.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Predator v the Punisher, would love to see the aliens and predators in the Marvel universe.
    Predator herald of Galactus.
    I’ve been wanting a Punisher vs. Predator book since I was a little kid.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    IÂ’ve been wanting a Punisher vs. Predator book since I was a little kid.
    I thought they did one back in the 90's?

I admit it's raw idiot fanboy-ism driving me here, but I don't see any reason why this can't be good for all IP's involved. As long as Marvel keeps a "less is more" mentality about this and is careful about how they handle any crossover/integration.....who does this hurt? Look at that Darth Vader v. Aliens art up-thread and tell me that's not a three issue miniseries you'd buy if Marvel wasn't stupid about it.

One of the great things about both A/P is that they easily blend with tons of other settings. People thought Predator/Batman was a stupid idea but it ended up being a big hit. Aliens and Predators weren't even supposed to co-exist in the first place either, but that's worked out fine.

Could it all fall into ruin and be awful? Of course. But it could be really good too.

I mean, hell, they made Aliens work with friggin Superman. If they can pull that off without hurting anything then why're y'all worried about this?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Honestly, this news bums me out. Alien and Predator comics are practically synonymous with Dark Horse, and the fact that Disney is pulling the license away from them sucks (especially since this means that we won't get that comic adaption of the original Predator script now). And on top of that, I really don't trust modern Marvel to publish books as uncomfortable, gorey, and raunchy as Dark Horse has.

...But hey, at least we might get some cool crossovers out of this.
    "Don't leave home without your sword - your intellect."
    —Alan Moore

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    I don't remember that much of a stink over the race change of Matt Trakker. Although the main complaint about the race change was that the view was the M.A.S.K. team already had a diverse cast of characters, and it just seemed redundant to change things for the sake of changing things. Especially, when Hasbro, a few years before released a classic version of Trakker as part of the Joe line's 25th Anniversary series not so long before.
    I enjoyed Rom and Micronauts return via IDW. Rom a little more. But both Rom and Micronauts when introduced to the fan base that loves them today. The Spaceknight and the Voyagers From Inner-Space for a time were part of the MU as much as the X-Men ,and Spidey were when their books were published by Marvel. So I could see why it'd be hard to reignite the spark with those properties somewhere else ,and start from scratch too boot. Creating a new mythology out of something that already had a strong, small, but pretty strong fanbase. The odds might've been against it.
    On Aubrey Sitterson, and his controversial tenure on G.I. Joe. The direction Sitterson and IDW wanted to go with the Joe team didn't go over too well with longtime fans. Which really blew up with the Aubrey's controversial statements on who had the right to mourn the events of 9/11 during the day of the event's fifteenth anniversary which ended up being the straw that broke the camel's back for the Joe fan collective.
    And the stink Sitterson stirred up made a lot of Joe fans ready to dump the whole lot of Hasbro's product. Which Hasbro pushed to tell IDW to dump the yutz. Or else Hasbro would not renew their licensing agreement with IDW. Which IDW's boss Chris Ryall did end up doing. But with much kicking, screaming, and bitching.
    Aside from that petition and a few gators that was it. They wanted the black writer and black Matt removed. With the classic-MASK belong to the FANS not Hasbro who paid $450 million for the rights.

I think part of the issue is you had diverse cast there but how developed were they? I mean if you wanted a POC lead as the center of the story-would anyone care if that was Hondo?

Same issue with Visionaries who did not have POC in it.

Larry Hama was targeted by gators before the Sitterson stink. That lead to the phone call to Hasbro to get the license removed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Aside from that petition and a few gators that was it. They wanted the black writer and black Matt removed. With the classic-MASK belong to the FANS not Hasbro who paid $450 million for the rights.

I think part of the issue is you had diverse cast there but how developed were they? I mean if you wanted a POC lead as the center of the story-would anyone care if that was Hondo?

Same issue with Visionaries who did not have POC in it.

Larry Hama was targeted by gators before the Sitterson stink. That lead to the phone call to Hasbro to get the license removed.
    If I were Hasbro, I would have rebooted a C.O.P.S. series instead. You’ve got a POC lead and everything. M.A.S.K. could have came later.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hellboy and Black Hammer. They must hate Marvel now, this makes it four franchises they've taken off them (after Conan and Star Wars).
    Disney, Star Wars, Conan/REH and what's the fourth?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    If I were Hasbro, I would have rebooted a C.O.P.S. series instead. You’ve got a POC lead and everything. M.A.S.K. could have came later.
    I think they wanted to change Matt Tracker so people wouldn't get him mixed up with Duke from the GI Joe property. Which is weird because 80s kids who still remember that property will not mix them up lol.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

What random news but very welcome. Maybe this will make it easier to introduce the Brood to the MCU?

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sкєʟʟує View Post
    Honestly, this news bums me out. Alien and Predator comics are practically synonymous with Dark Horse, and the fact that Disney is pulling the license away from them sucks (especially since this means that we won't get that comic adaption of the original Predator script now). And on top of that, I really don't trust modern Marvel to publish books as uncomfortable, gorey, and raunchy as Dark Horse has.
    They're publishing Immortal Hulk.