Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

How about getting something people actually want like Rom and Micronauts back instead of wasting money on two properties that have both been run into the dirt?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Though not 100% confirmed, it's pretty much assured that A/P will being crossing over to Marvel in some fashion based on their wording: https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/12...667871233?s=20

Most likely a-la Conan.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    ROM: Spaceknight or bust!!!!!
    And Red Sonja

Astonishing Member

The thing with Conan is that the Hyborian age was part of Marvel history in the 70s, 80s and even when Marvel lost the license, they still kept elements of it like Kulan Garth so yeah I can see why Conan was integrated but as for Aliens and Predators, Im happy with the Brood and dont need the xenomorphs interacting with the Marvel U. The Brood is smarter, better developed and in my opinion there's just some things I rather not have in the Marvel U, I hope it will be like Star Wars where the Star wars universe is kept in its own place.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Conan's appearances in Savage Avengers have been entertaining IMO. How can you top a trio of Conan, Doom and Doctor Strange?
    ^^^Yeah I’m happy w. Marvel’s second go around on Conan.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    ROM: Spaceknight or bust!!!!!
    ^^^Amen, brother! I loved Marvel’s Rom.

On topic...meh.
    Preds lose to everyone, that’s their thing, so them losing Marvel to characters will be okay I guess.

As for Aliens, Marvel already has the more interesting and well established Brood.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Whilst I doubt that they would fully integrate the Alien and Predator mythology into the Marvel universe as they did with Conan, I could see it working, especially Aliens. Synectics seem like a logical evolution of the LMDs and Weyland-Yutani would probably be doing business deals with Archemax just fine. Plus AVP seems to have crossed over with more franchises than even Archie has, so I could see Marvel continue that trend.

Most likely though it’s going to be a set of ongoing self contained comics aka Star Wars and a few out of continuity crossovers with Marvel and maybe even Star Wars if we’re lucky.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

You must be a youngster. Marvel first had Conan back in the 1970s with a famed run by Roy Thomas and Barry Windsor Smith. There was a Conan Omnibus from that era that was a top seller in 2019

March I think was the last time there are sales figures and it was in the top 100.
    I just prefer REH Conan and Dark Horse Conan to Marvel Conan and early Marvel Conan
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 07-02-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Well. Sign me up.

I feel like these are two IP's that can straddle the "crossover" line. You can have self-contained stories in whatever setting or time period you like, well removed from the MU (which I want), but you can still have these guys show up to fight some Avengers too (which I also want).

It's a big universe and these are just two more alien races to add to the mix. Nothing about the franchises really contradicts the idea of them existing in deep space somewhere in the MU, unlike the Star Wars universe which doesn't really mesh with the setting.

I'll take the super iconic and famous movie alien monster over the Brood any day. The sooner they get Carol Danvers punching acid-blooded Aliens, the better!

Don't get me wrong, I *do* want A/P stuff that has nothing to do with the Marvel universe. But I *also* want to see these aliens in the main setting now and then too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

C.B. Cebulski, Editor-in-Chief of Marvel, told IGN. "I can clearly remember where I was when I saw each of these modern masterpieces for the first time, and reveling in how both masterfully weave extraterrestrial dread and drama into some of the most iconic scenes we've ever seen on film. And it's that legacy that we're going to live up to!"

"The incredible legacies of both franchises offer some of the most compelling and exciting worldbuilding in all of science fiction," said Marvel Editor Jake Thomas. "It is a thrill and an honor to be able to add to that mythology and continuity with all-new stories set within those universes."

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=92654898

doesn't sound like they gonna put it in the main marvel u

Extraordinary Member

Besides these two and Avatar. What other franchises did Disney acquire in the Fox buyout that could be potential comics?

Well dc comics and image both have the aliens in their main universes with events from superman vs aliens popping up in the superman main comics and image the aliens killed half of one of the teams. (was it stormwatch?)

So i can see marvel having them in the main universe also.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Besides these two and Avatar. What other franchises did Disney acquire in the Fox buyout that could be potential comics?
    Planet of the Apes?

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    And Red Sonja
    I think Red Sonja would be too problematic in this day and age.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    How about getting something people actually want like Rom and Micronauts back instead of wasting money on two properties that have both been run into the dirt?
    I don't think Rom and Micronauts are setting the world on fire either.

Extraordinary Member

Red Sonja’s still being published by Dynamite these days. People like Gail Simone write her.

I don’t see what’s problematic. Especially with female writers.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-02-2020 at 01:24 PM.