Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

no more ambiguous, gotcha endings. i'm sick of those tropes.

Alien #1 announced. Out in March.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-al...es-early-2021/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

intriguing art. The tongue curves. normally it is just back-and-forth. of course there have been all types of interpretations of the xenos over the years by artists.

I wonder what sort of canon, if any, the new Alien comics will abide by? I'm still salty about Part 3 and Part 4. I'm not a fan of the subsequent films placing them squarely on Earth. But we'll se how this works out.

Oh-- I guess I might as well ask, will these comics be "rated PG" or will they be "Rated R"? Various folks don't like the "neutered" context of the PG-13 films, but given this is comics, will there be clearly marked "For Mature Readers" labels so that parents don't get surprised when they buy this for a kid and its about chestbursting, losing limbs and heads, swear words, etc.?

iMan 42s

Alien and Predator will likely remain as gory as they are given that Marvel and Disney have no problem letting its heroes and villains be horrifically brutal. They put out Immortal Hulk so I see no reason why that'd stop now.

Also keep in mind that Alien and Predator have and will be marketed to kids. Just recently children's toys of Alien and Predator have been announced for a run at Wal-Mart and the 2004 AVP film was PG-13. So we've already been primed and older kids to teens will know who these characters are. A label maybe but Disney or Marvel wont stop them from being violent.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    intriguing art. The tongue curves. normally it is just back-and-forth. of course there have been all types of interpretations of the xenos over the years by artists.

I wonder what sort of canon, if any, the new Alien comics will abide by? I'm still salty about Part 3 and Part 4. I'm not a fan of the subsequent films placing them squarely on Earth. But we'll se how this works out.

Oh-- I guess I might as well ask, will these comics be "rated PG" or will they be "Rated R"? Various folks don't like the "neutered" context of the PG-13 films, but given this is comics, will there be clearly marked "For Mature Readers" labels so that parents don't get surprised when they buy this for a kid and its about chestbursting, losing limbs and heads, swear words, etc.?
    Even if they are-they will still find a way to kids hands. Heck most public libraries will NOT separate OGN, comic graphic novels and trades based on ratings.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I can dig it. There does seem to be an increase in non-movie media of Aliens and Predator w/ the comic, multiple board games, Predator Hunting Grounds, etc. I'm curious if Disney wants to push the IPs hard in every way EXCEPT movies.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Even if they are-they will still find a way to kids hands. Heck most public libraries will NOT separate OGN, comic graphic novels and trades based on ratings.
    Anyone who stocks Mature rated material in the children's section is an idiot.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    I can dig it. There does seem to be an increase in non-movie media of Aliens and Predator w/ the comic, multiple board games, Predator Hunting Grounds, etc. I'm curious if Disney wants to push the IPs hard in every way EXCEPT movies.
    Predator 5 got leaked and is in development. They actually wanted it to be a surprise with the marketing ultimately revealing it was a Predator sequel towards if not at release. But it got leaked so we know it is happening under the Disney umbrella. Alien apparently has a project going as well but less is known about that.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2020/11/20...-trachtenberg/
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

I will be getting Alien#1 for sure.
    Looks to be a cool new comic book.

Alien is getting a TV series as well, on Hulu.
    https://www.cbr.com/alien-tv-series-...t-noah-hawley/

iMan 42s

Predator may be potentially lost.

The Thomas Brothers are suing Disney to regain the rights to the franchise and the rights expire on Saturday. What this means boys and girls is that the comic might turn out dead in the water. Predator branding is about to look very fucked. While I don't know if Saturday may see things delisted it's not looking good for the comic. Such a substantial delay might actually be over the upcoming lawsuit and legal battle over who owns what. Needless to say though that nobody working on the solo material is happy right now since they're now sitting on dead merchandise. Illfonic especially will be facing down a similar lawsuit with its brands twice now. The first being F13 and now it's looking like the legal battle may shut down Hunting Grounds.

I hope they do get Predator back from Disney....

iMan 42s

So currently we're looking at May 27th for an actual court appearance at 9:30am.

We're looking at the Thomas brothers regaining the material unless they filed improperly but it's looking like they'll regain the rights. what this means is that newer material will be under their control and will require a new license for. So existing works will seemingly operate as normal until the final verdict. Of course this means that everyone will need to contact the Thomas brothers to obtain the license for newer stuff. How that will ultimately work isn't clear yet. So things are a bit rocky at the moment for how exactly the brothers will be managing the I.P.

Disney's issue isn't the claim, it's the timeline and had works in development they want to see continue. Of course Fox was busy eating glue so for four years neglected to do anything about this once the claim was sent and will now be in court to protect the I.P., I have the feeling Disney is firing someone over this.

https://www.gamesradar.com/predator-...ariant-covers/

ah. so the alternate covers are being released again! Nice. Too bad that none of them are in the works. I'd actually like to see Blade vs Predator. Just to see how a vampire predator works.. hmm..