Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Power

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Fire Power

Anyone picked this up? Any thoughts?

Hats off to Kirkman (again) with the trade and free comic book to hook readers. Like or dislike his work, it’s clear he loves the medium and pushing new ways to generate interest and readers.

I read the prelude. Really liked it. Thought the art was tremendous. So we have to see what happened the last 15 years. I want more Wei Lun and Zan.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I read the prelude. Really liked it. Thought the art was tremendous. So we have to see what happened the last 15 years. I want more Wei Lun and Zan.
    Did you pick up the FCBD #1 too?
    I am just waiting on the prelude before I read both back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Did you pick up the FCBD #1 too?
    I am just waiting on the prelude before I read both back to back.
    I did. But only read the Prelude so far.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Got both the prelude and the first issue. Pretty cool idea for a way to launch the series, like 8 or 9 issues of material right off the bat. Really liked it. Kirkman almost never disappoints for me, and this was one of my favorite starts to a new Kirkman series. The only preview material I saw was from the prelude, so I wasn't expecting the suburban setting of the first issue and I thought that was actually a cool direction to take the action.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

I got the FCBD issue and read that. I really liked it but never realized their was a prequel. I called my LCS and they put a copy of that prequel in my hold folder.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The Prelude was pretty epic. And must be read.

Just read the Prelude and Free issue back to back.
    Really, really, nice intro to a comic. Fantastic art and story shows quite abit if premise. I’m definitely going to be picking up this series.

I just hope Kirkman can keep it up. In his more recent works (Outcast and Oblivion Song)...the first 12 issues are always pretty strong and then it all begins to meander. I hope it’s not the case here.

So if I just got the trade, what am I missing?

The trade is fine. With the trade came a FCBD version of Issue 1. But #1 will also be released again beginning of August alongside #2...so the prequel is fine.

Awesome. Thanks.

Its a fun title. Best way to describe it is a modern day take on Iron Fist.

Definitely some similarities to Iron Fist. I enjoyed the trade. Read it in one sitting.

BANNED

Enjoyed this well enough. Gonna check out the next few issues at least to see where it's going.

Spectacular Member

just got the FCBD issue and the trade this past weekend. Planning to read sometime this week. Excited, as I have heard nothing but good things so far.