Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    The sheer negativity in this thread yikes.
    And it was only like two pages LMAO

BANNED

Looks good. Can't wait. Northstar getting into trouble for being his usual self was great^^

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I mean it's always nice to see someone call out Hope for how she has a tendency to gain brainwashed followers
    What "tendency"? Even the lights were not really like this.

It shows Northstar being his usual insulting self and being called out for it by Hope. Hope they continue doing that^^

Would like to see more of Hope in this book. Always liked her and as this preview implied she is more or less stuck with the recurrections this would be the book for her showing up more often. Another plus for me than^^

I think that Hope's powers kind of make the people she connects with linked to her, like the lights. How they described the Five sounded kinda similar to the Lights, so maybe there's some lowkey brainwashing that she's not aware of.

The Lights were literally forced into doing things they'd never do because Hope commanded it, that was the whole point of Kenj's (and Transonic's) rebellion against her.
    Rogue and Kitty and one of the Cuckoos, Hope just kept using this low key empathic influence over mutants to make them love and obey her

Does no one else remember that creepy scene where Teon mindlessly comforting Hope with a dead facial expression, telling her exactly what she wanted to hear?

He is super fast. I doubt that first thought is too make a new body for somebody who died and not to try to find and save person who just died.

The Lights were literally forced into doing things they'd never do because Hope commanded it, that was the whole point of Kenj's (and Transonic's) rebellion against her.
    Rogue and Kitty and one of the Cuckoos, Hope just kept using this low key empathic influence over mutants to make them love and obey her

Does no one else remember that creepy scene where Teon mindlessly comforting Hope with a dead facial expression, telling her exactly what she wanted to hear?
    Yeah it was very creepy with The Lights because it was like a cult situation with mind control. I think that whomever she connects with/enhances/activates their powers starts getting empathically manipulated by her

Was I reading something different to everyone else? I liked it. I like JP being a melodramatic arse.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It is a ok preview. Proteus saying dude is so weird;
    He's jus a wee Ned trying tae fit in

I feel like that balloon is supposed to be coming from Goldballs or Elixir

The balloon after it has a phonetic Scottish accent and is probably Proteus'
    It has to be that.

The preview is good, I don't understand why people think it's too wordy just for a couple of bubbles with more than three words in it.

Northstar is a jerk, Hope is excessively agressive. It's nice that they are keeping their flaws.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Not feeling 100% on Northstar's Blue Steel face, or Wee Kevin McTaggart and Fabio Medina's dialogue being the wrong way round.

I feel like that balloon is supposed to be coming from Goldballs or Elixir

The balloon after it has a phonetic Scottish accent and is probably Proteus'
    SAME.

I was genuinely tickled by Proteus's accent. And yeah, "Dude" is clearly coming from Elixir.

Sorry so many folks aren't enthused. I'm super into this. To me this all seems right.

Northstar making emotionally driven demands? That math adds up.
    I am perrrrrfectly fine with the "exposition" dump by way of angry Hope and defensive Egg.
    In that ONE panel we now have solid and realistic motivation for this team's creation. And its a GOOD ONE.
    I'm excited to see whether Jean Paul does the recruiting or takes his demanding bubble butt straight to the Quiet Council and gets ASSIGNED teammates.

Looking forward to the rest.

I looooved that scene. So creepy!

Fantastic Member

Feel so good having new X-men comic previews up!!!! Something to look forward to. Cross fingers Rachel and Lorna turn up !!!

I'm really enjoying this preview. It's also nice seeing these characters who aren't normally spotlighted. I don't agree with the negativity in this thread. I think the the heavy dialogue was just fine; Claremont's writing was more than this. Either way, if I'm spending money on a comic, I want it to be worth it. So more dialogue and context is just fine with me. I don't want to buy a comic issue that takes me 5 minutes to read the entire thing.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Spectacular Member

I wasn't really excited about this but now i am. Looks like it is going to give us some more Krakoa mythology and some interesting perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post

Northstar is a jerk, Hope is excessively agressive. It's nice that they are keeping their flaws.
    100% SAME. The research has been applied. I love it.