Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

This preview shows that the book is getting into the meat of Krakoa, which was also a strength of Hellions #1.

The first page : JP saw Aurora drowning in his mindscape, then he went to the Rez 5 in the following two pages, which explains Auroras' resurrection needs more field work or something requiring JP to recruit a team. Then he might consult Sage for teaming advice.

So I don’t think the 3 pages have that kind of severe problem in storytelling. I agree Williams' dialogues are always not easy to digest, so choose to drop the book is also okay lol.

At last I like the art. It fits Willams' style.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Which adds another critical layer:

He saw her drowning in his mindscape. Not drowned, or dead from drowning...but in the act of drowning...so he automatically assumes she's already dead?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

It is just a preview, so hopefully there's better flow in the final product. They do sometimes release pages that are sandwiched between other pages and then there are also possibly info pages in between. As for the art... I will say that all the panels that don't show faces are actually really good. So if Baldeon could tone down the cartoon facial expressions, it would be like 75% improved.

I’ve been rereading a lot of older comics lately (70’s Claremont X-Men, 80’s Crisis on Infinite Earths) and I actually enjoy the exposition of those days. It took longer than a few minutes to read a book and each issues was packed. The decompressed storytelling of the modern era isn’t nearly as enjoyable to me...

So this looks good to me!