three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

Default Concepts for a new InFamous game?

revived cole? more delsin?

with map sizes and tech of PS5 growing i'd like a co-op game for the next installment. not a big lobby or anything, but think dead rising 2's two player roam

plus with the various conduit powers ranging from natural elements to things like neon i think you could have a lot of cool combinations and different player experiences

My initial thoughts leaned towards a revived Cole. He's the original character and his powers were a lot of fun to play with. But Delsin's power mimicking was also a lot of fun. So I guess I could be happy with either.

Mainly I'd want them to continue coming up with unique and creative conduit abilities, like neon (as you mentioned) or the kid with the video game power.

Maybe a new protagonist? I'd like to see water or air used as the new element.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Honestly, I'd kinda like to see a First Light-style mini-episode dealing with Eugene, who was a lot more badass than most of the reviews led me to believe pence, to the point where the section where Delsin helping him get out of his shell seemed completely unnecessary.

Other than that, whoever the character is, I think that they should go back to using a fake city based off of a real one so that they gave more freedom in design and actions. Also, maybe get some of the writers from Soul Sacrifice (which was basically Dark Souls/Berserk meets Monster Hunter meets inFamous already) to help them work out a more nuanced Karma system.

More Delsin or a new protagonist. I like Cole but i don't feel there's much benefit to bringing him back. Let him end on a high note.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

im pretty big on cole's powers but i warmed up to delsin throughout the game, including the smoke abilities

if he returns though i demand sucker punch give him some better clothing customization

Create your own character and power set. Many games have shown that custom characters can be done in games like this. Second Son showed that the games can handle varying powersets.

So design your own character and how they look at the start. Then pick a powerset that your character is going to have during the game. It will be awesome and give replay value since a new game with a different powerset could be a whole different experience.

Incredible Member

Instead of one protagonist have 3 or 4 with different basic power sets. Certain sections of the game will require a different character to complete that section or a different way of completing that part of the game. They can gain enhancements similar to what Delsin did but the enhancements will affect their basic powers in different ways (like what Cole did in Infamous 2 with the 2 women).

Id prefer one protagonist and wouldnt mind it being Cole. Maybe a secondary protagonist

Spectacular Member

It'll be nice to see a new protagonist. I don't see anything left to explore in the characters for Cole and Delsin. Maybe this time, you can create your own character with unique abilities. Or just a brand new character will do as well.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scilover View Post
    It'll be nice to see a new protagonist. I don't see anything left to explore in the characters for Cole and Delsin. Maybe this time, you can create your own character with unique abilities. Or just a brand new character will do as well.
    I mean, they could probably dedicate an entire game to making Delsin a lot less punchable whenever he opens his mouth, and maybe learn to do graffiti that didn't look like some sort of tepid urban art installation. He was getting there by the end of the game, but its like his personality was designed by a committee who wanted to make the most pretentious hipster stereotype ever, especially when he was stenciling things like giant kittens as a way of apparently protesting a hyper-militarized government agency that is authorized to suspend the rights of American citizens and uses that to kidnaps and/or tortures ethnic minorities to turn them into weapons/for giggles.