Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Which Cancelled X-Book Do You Miss the Most?

Mine's Cable and X-Force. Since getting back into Marvel comics, with Now, that was the title I've loved the most...

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Milligan's old X-Force/X-Statix. I accept it had just about run it's course, but it reminded me of a time where Marvel would try genuinely new, exciting things.

Cable and X-force for me also. Also New X-men volume 2

I was going to say New X-Men vol. 2, but then Spurrier's Legacy creeped into my mind.

Excalibur, no question

I miss Greg Pak's Xtreme X-men. I thought that series wasn't given a fair chance and Dazzler has once again been cast aside in the pages of the X-books. That was a fun book and one with some very different themes. But it introduced some fun new characters and made Dazzler a leader.

I also miss X-23's solo series under Marjorie Liu. She had a great feel for X-23's character. I didn't really like the role she played once she got cast in Avengers Arena. I thought that did not do her justice. But that's just me.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mystique solo series. One of the few times the character was written properly. Had other motivations beyond just sociopath, psychopath, anti-X-men obsession. Made the character a favorite of mine.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Gambit (vol.5). It was my favorite series from Marvel at the time.

I also liked Cable and the X-force too.

1. New X-Men v. 2. Even aside from my liking the kids, it just seemed like so many character and plot threads were left unresolved when Kyle and Yost walked away to write Stabbity-Force.

2. Excalibur v.1. Just plain fun, even when Ellis made it more dark humor.

3. Alpha Flight. This would have ordinarily scored higher, but I actually prefer Northstar with the X-Men and every attempt to reboot the series so far has ranged from 'meh' to 'terrible'. Still, I live in hope. Perhaps some day we'll see Kieron Gillen take a stab at the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    3. Alpha Flight.
    Perhaps some day we'll see Kieron Gillen take a stab at the title.
    *Hopes and dreams*

Though Marvel would have to be the marketing and initiative behind it that the mini-series didn't quite have, particularly with the flip flopping of mini series, to ongoing, and back again.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Excalibur--even at it's worst, it was still better than what we're getting with the characters now.
    Alpha Flight I loved all volumes, except for the Lobdell reboot. That was just plain horrible.
    New Mutants/v1 X-Force--when used elsewhere, these characters come off as amateurish (aside from what PAD accomplished in X-Factor--til the end)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I miss Greg Pak's Xtreme X-men. I thought that series wasn't given a fair chance and Dazzler has once again been cast aside in the pages of the X-books. That was a fun book and one with some very different themes. But it introduced some fun new characters and made Dazzler a leader.

I also miss X-23's solo series under Marjorie Liu. She had a great feel for X-23's character. I didn't really like the role she played once she got cast in Avengers Arena. I thought that did not do her justice. But that's just me.
    Agree on both of those with X-Treme X-Men the one that hurt the most to have taken away. Such a great book for showcasing Dazzler and those versions of Wolverine and Kurt were both really lovable. Also sorry we didn't get more of AU Hercules and Cyclops. Was enjoying meeting the other versions of the 616 characters as they went on their travels. Even got kinda fond of head-in-a-jar-Xavier.

Also miss like hell: Excalibur, Cable & X-Force, New Mutants, and even though it came to a natural end really was sorry to see Spurrier's Legacy finish.

If there is no chance of a return of New Mutants I will take Dani Moonster being in Adjectiveless. In fact her being in it and Rachel getting more attention would probably make me pick that book up again. Amazing feels like the natural successor to Excalibur but I could definitely stand to have both books coexisting in the same verse. CaXF had such a great cast. Real shame that ended and that it got dragged down by all that Uncanny X-Force plotstuff at the end. Hated the way XTXM got snarled up in that AoA UXF story too. Uncanny X-Force - the book that will always kill the book you love when it smashes into it with all the charm and finesse of a wrecking ball.

Asmus's Gambit solo run

Because he had plans to explore elements of the character that have never been explored by writers before.

#1: New X-Men by KYOST
    #2: Cable & X-Force by Hopeless
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Mutant X by Mackie.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman