Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

GAMBIT! I miss the fanservice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    New X Men and X-23 solo Why was that one even canceled? It seemed to be doing decently enough and they canceled it to put X-23 in a book that was doing less well. I would probably say Cable & X Force too as much as i hated Hopeless writing in Avengers Arena i thought he did great with this book. The action and story were great and the comedy was actually funny something that Bendis could probably learn from XD.
    I thought that X-23's solo was planned to end where it ended all along?

But yeah, put me down for X's book and NXM Vol.2, too.

generation x was horrible for more issues than it was ever great. issue 25 should basically be the death of that pitiful book.

All-New Member

I miss Classic X-Men. When I was first getting into X-Men as a kid, Arthur Adams blew me away and seeing his art the covers of the Classic series brought me into the original ANAD team's history. Chris Claremont and John Bolton made some of the absolute best tales featuring the post Giant Sized team, later collected in the 'Vignette' books. I think most, if not all of my favorite X-Men stories are short tales- perhaps because they are where the writers and the artists are able to express more about the characters and their world while working with less?

I agree with many that posted above as well as far as X-Men Unlimited is concerned: the first Bachalo issue, Finch's Triptich, the Kaare Andrews issue, the Jill Thompson Dazzler story, CP Smith's Wolverine story featuring his mental image of Jean and Kevin Maguire's 'X-film' story are all favorites.

Marvel should consider an Omnibus line for short tales from their many Annuals, Unlimited titles and anthology titles.
    Last edited by SSY; 05-04-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I may be in the minority but I really enjoyed X-Men Forever and Uncanny X-Men First Class.

As something less recent I really miss Classic Excalibur, Gen X, District X and the original New (Young) X-Men series. If I had to chose out of all of them it would be Classic Excalibur all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Remy Lebeau View Post
    I thought it was really strange how this book simply seemed to disappear. I liked it as well and would have liked to have seen it continue.
    Sales on GenHope really seemed low when you consider how hard Marvel was pushing Hope as the savior of mutantkind. But the series mandate kind of read like a placeholder going in, so maybe that's why more readers didn't jump on it. Plus the Lights had a bunch of really generic introductions leading in. Zero's was the first manifestation that was at all interesting.

BANNED

Generation Hope should have lasted through AvX, but like X-23 before them, the cast was sacrificed on the altar of Avengers Academy and a writer who clearly has no use whatsoever for mutants who aren't propping his pets.

I miss Excalibur (alan davis) , Gen X ,when it was good it was really good, Generation Hope because it didn't get time to breath. a really well thought out Cable wouldn't be abad idea

Gambit solos by Nicieza and Asmus.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    generation x was horrible for more issues than it was ever great. issue 25 should basically be the death of that pitiful book.
    Come on now, that's kind of an over the top statement, it was a nice serie all in all.
    Between this and Excalibur, I don't know which one I miss the most.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Original Excalibur, but only if Alan Davis could be involved.

Claremont's X-Treme X-Men

X-Men Forever

X-Statix. How dare they end it the way they did!!!! And the subsequent Dead Girl series only made it worse.
    Like come on, how much did people hate them?!

Quote Originally Posted by Daken View Post
    The Daken solo series and the X-23 solo series. I'd like either of them back, or them in one series.
    I wouldn't mind seeing one or both of these back as well

1. New X-men by Kyle/Yost
    2. New Mutants by Zeb Wells

I would add the X-23 series, but the terribly unreasonable breakup with Hellion just killed it for me.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Come on now, that's kind of an over the top statement, it was a nice serie all in all.
    Between this and Excalibur, I don't know which one I miss the most.
    I agree with Aces, Onslaught or Zero Tolerance should have been the end of the book, it got a little better at the end but they should have killed that team years before they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
    X-Statix. How dare they end it the way they did!!!! And the subsequent Dead Girl series only made it worse.
    Like come on, how much did people hate them?!
    I feel like X-statix was the perfect run, every issue was fantastic the ending kicked ass. I only wish they would have kept with the revisits to the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Mutant X by Mackie.
    Great book that they botched the ending to.

Anyways my picks

X-man, Warren Ellis was doing some amazing stuff at the end of that book.

X-force, I miss the Yost and Kyle version...stupid Disney

Exiles