Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To be fair to Shao Kahn, aside from certain characters (Kitana, D'Vorah) in pre-Aftermath MK11, he did show fondness towards those who served loyally him such as Kollector and Skarlet.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    To be fair to Shao Kahn, aside from certain characters (Kitana, D'Vorah) in pre-Aftermath MK11, he did show fondness towards those who served loyally him such as Kollector and Skarlet.
    they were more useless as pawns than anything else really. sindel? i really get the feeling that shao wouldn't treat her as a pawn. also, i get the feeling that they were swingers or at least in a open marriage, given what they say to other kombatants.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    they were more useless as pawns than anything else really. sindel? i really get the feeling that shao wouldn't treat her as a pawn. also, i get the feeling that they were swingers or at least in a open marriage, given what they say to other kombatants.
    Well, yeah, they are pawns to Shao, but he still seemed fond of his pawns.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    I imagine that it's less traditional open marriage and more they don't take offense if one of them grabs a prisoner to use and abuse in the bed chamber before tossing them back in the dungeon.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I imagine that it's less traditional open marriage and more they don't take offense if one of them grabs a prisoner to use and abuse in the bed chamber before tossing them back in the dungeon.
    sounds about right. they pretty much wanted sonya and johnny as breeding stock: either with each other or with them.

skarlet wouldn't really care since she seems to want to breed with sub-zero.

Well this conversation took an odd turn.

Tbh, I found their reason for the Sindel retcon to be odd given that her new design makes her look more benevolent now and then there's the dialogue which is 90% sexual innuendos or come ons. Not to mention her new "ass attack". Wasn't NRS supposed to be sexualizing their female characters less?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-04-2020 at 10:17 PM.

*ahem*

About Heiachi: Shaw Kahn in my opinion is the better father. Heiachi’s flesh and blood all want him dead and in the latest game it might have finally sunk in. Kazuya wants him dead, Jin wants him dead, Lee did not care, and Lars was out of the loop.

Kitana who has every right to kill Shaw Kahn, did not. Even given the chance.

Also he still has better feats than Kahn combat wise. Towards the end he caught a bullet in his mouth and spat it out, survived bombs, wrestles/trains bears: fought Devil Kazuya in good standing/etc.

Shaw Kahn’s best combat feat was MK 9, prime Kahn being the victor at the pyramid. Everything else requires a elaborate scheme.

Other plot points.

1: Kahn is a Emperor, concubines. Means he has who he wants and when he wants, Sindel and he has a mutual political marriage.

2: Sindels character change is pretty clear if the plot is paid attention. In MK 11, Kronkia unleashed “another time line” of characters to the main time line. Living Kung Lao, Kang, Kitana. Also younger Erron Black, Alive Jade, alive Baraka, Shia Kahn and Sindel.

The plot point of MK 11 is to show MK is a multiverse of messed up time lines ( as the main arc villain aside after math wa a time acre villain) and THAT Sindel is not the same one from before. ( MK 9 Sindel was also different. Jazzed up on Shang Tsungs soul as opposed to just revived In Earth Realm.)

She wa not re written, she’s a different time line version. ( Hell the Diablo cue had other changes. Apparently that verse Lou Kang clapped Kitana’s cheeks at a point. Did not happen in 9 or before.)

Edit:

Shaw Kahn is actually a pretty good boss to his minions prior to 9. He is the reason the “bad guys” keep being alive despite fatalities. Shaw Kahn raises them from beyond the grace. Hell Baraka mentions it in MKX.