Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    More than they should have had for a 3 hour tour.
    Any change of clothes. It's 3 hours. You don't need to change clothes. Outside of, perhaps, a bathing suit.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Gilligan and the Skipper, definitely.
    The Professor had maybe 2-3 (white shirt, blue shirt, always khakis).
    The Howells and the girls had an endless supply of outfits. More than they should have had for a 3 hour tour. The amount of outfits stretched credulity more than coconut radios.
    Yeah, hence my saying for the most part.
    Ginger was usually in a cocktail dress (?!?) and Mary Ann in shorts and and checkered shirt. At least it seemed that way!

I also recall one of Ginger’s dresses being homemade and saying SS MINNOW on it. I may be imagining that...

EDIT
    I was right!

Last edited by Riv86672; 07-03-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Yeah, hence my saying for the most part.
    Ginger was usually in a cocktail dress (?!?) and Mary Ann in shorts and and checkered shirt. At least it seemed that way!

I also recall one of Ginger’s dresses being homemade and saying SS MINNOW on it. I may be imagining that...
    Yep, she made it out of Gilligan's duffel bag.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

The creator of The Mentalist once said/joked that Patrick Jane was so stuck in the moment of his wife & daughter's death that he wore the same clothes.

They don't change clothes often on the Walking Dead, but there have been some changes.

Mary Ann's shorts and tops changed colours, and she often had dresses. And of course, swimsuits. And the occasional Mary Tyler Moore-style leggings.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 07-03-2020 at 11:50 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Almost any western from the 50s, 60s or 70s. The Gunsmoke cast wore the same clothes all the time as did the Bonanza cast.
    Power with Girl is better.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Almost any western from the 50s, 60s or 70s. The Gunsmoke cast wore the same clothes all the time as did the Bonanza cast.
    Yeah, the only two westerns I can think of whose characters had more than one look were Have Gun Will Travel and Maverick. Even there, Paladin and each of the Mavericks basically had one "road look" and one "town look."

Retired

Alfred Hitchcock in ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS would have had the same exact suit in all his appearances, give in real life Hitch had several copies of the same exact suit, which he always wore. I guess, like Albert Einstein, he didn't want to waste the energy deciding what to wear. In the movie cameos, though, Hitch appears in different outfits.

Adrian Monk always wears the exact same clothes in MONK. Again, that's an aspect of his character. However, he has a police uniform that he sometimes wears.

Columbo wears the same raincoat, however his suit underneath may change. And I remember cases where he had new shoes or he was given a new tie.

The family on BONANZA settled into consistent looks, but I recall Adam and Little Joe had different outfits in the beginning.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Jessica Jones

Smallville. Clark wore a blue TV shirt with the same red jacket alot. Even after said Jacket got damaged he would have another identical one. The show grew out of that but it lasted awhile

Extraordinary Member

I mentioned Andy Taylor in the OP, but Barney, Gomer, Goober, and Floyd all wore the same clothes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Jessica Jones

A bit revealing, but, it works in context!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

In one episode of Gilligan's Island they found a trunk full of theater costumes. Between that and the fabric and canvass left over from the boat, I guess they could make just about anything. The girls were the only ones who ever really varied their wardrobes, though, except on special occasions.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

The post-Zordon Saban Power Rangers series had the Rangers wearing the same clothes from episode to episode whenever they weren't morphed. (Super) Megaforce did the same in the Neo-Saban era, though I wouldn't count the series where the Rangers had uniforms from the organizations with which they were affiliated. Also, the 90s Spider-Man cartoon and the 2008 Spectacular Spider-Man animated series had Peter in the same outfit whenever he wasn't in costume for most of their runs.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

All In The Family: Archie Bunker and sometimes Michael Stivic as he would mostly wear a blue buttoned down shirt

Monk

Columbo

Gilligan's Island: Gilligan, Skipper and the Professor

Taxi: Louie DePalma, Latka and Iggy

One Day At A Time: Schneider

Matlock

The Honeymooners: Ralph Cramden always wore the bus driver uniform and Norton would wear that particular outfit with the hat all the time.

Mork & Mindy: Mork would wear two different stripped shirts with suspenders and of course, his alien uniform.

Extraordinary Member

Sheldon Cooper wore the same super hero t-shirts over and over for the 12 seasons it was on.

I remember Hawkman, Aquaman, Flash, and Green Lantern t-shirts.