Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Mike Stivic wore all sorts of things, even some tie-dyed hippie stuff. Even his dress shirts were different from episode to episode.

Sheldon just had tons and tons of t-shirts, but they were quite varied (like hundreds per seasons). I'm sure he repeated some.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary Member

The Waltons wore a lot of the same clothes over and over. I swear, John Boy only had one pair of pants.

But it made sense because they were living through the Great Depression.

Retired

If anything, characters on T.V. shows have too many changes of clothes. Unless they're rich, people usually are limited in how many sets of clothes they wear--on a T.V. show they should be going through a rotation of the same clothes each week. Of course, THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES were super-rich--black gold, texas tea--so they could have worn new clothes in each scene and then thrown them in the cement pond--but they stuck with their dependable shirts and jeans.

Yeah this is definitely more of an animated trope. I'm surprised to see so many people come up with examples from live action shows outside of certain niche genres lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Jessica Jones

Funny enough though, this was the first character I thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If anything, characters on T.V. shows have too many changes of clothes. Unless they're rich, people usually are limited in how many sets of clothes they wear--on a T.V. show they should be going through a rotation of the same clothes each week.
    One show that was good about that was RAISING HOPE, at least when it came to Jimmy. His t-shirts were continuously rotated.

Astonishing Member

Tom Welling in Smallville

I don't think the Scooby-Doo gang ever changed their clothes once.
    They did in the 80s. Shaggy got a red shirt and when daphne took over as leader from fred she get a new outfit also.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Almost any western from the 50s, 60s or 70s. The Gunsmoke cast wore the same clothes all the time as did the Bonanza cast.
    Or even late 80s / early 90s. The Young Riders' (1989-1992) characters pretty much wore the same clothes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Tom Welling in Smallville
    Yes thats the one that I thought of. Funny thing is that red jacket blue shirt combo got damaged all the time but he would be wearing it the next episode. Luckily they would break it up with a flannel shirt here.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Every cartoon ever.
    Quoted in agreement.

Boisterously Confused

We've already mentioned westerns, in a related manner, Daniel Boone used the same wardrobe for almost all of its characters for its entire run.

Lately now, Negative Man in Doom Patrol.

All-New Member

The Undoing on HBO. Nicole Kidman, a therapist married to a doctor wears two (really distinctive) coats the whole series. It's weird, very noticeable.

Retired

Brett and Bart Maverick tended to have two changes of clothes. The had their fancy duds for gambling and then they had their regular clothes for riding horses. Bart's riding clothes had a buckskin jacket with fringe, that looked sweet. I was reading the other day that when James Garner left over a contract dispute (and went into the movies), and they cast Roger Moore to play Beau, they just gave him Garner's clothes to wear--with the name "Jim Garner" scratched out on the tags.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Brett and Bart Maverick tended to have two changes of clothes. The had their fancy duds for gambling and then they had their regular clothes for riding horses. Bart's riding clothes had a buckskin jacket with fringe, that looked sweet. I was reading the other day that when James Garner left over a contract dispute (and went into the movies), and they cast Roger Moore to play Beau, they just gave him Garner's clothes to wear--with the name "Jim Garner" scratched out on the tags.
    As I think on it The Big Valley's Barclays had a similar costume home v.trail arrangement.