Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dean Caine

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    He is a Trump supporter, but beyond that, he was a guest speaker for an anti LGBT hate group (labeled as such by the gov't) while he was promoting his anti choice movie.
    Yikes, did not know that about him. Guess I won't be revisiting LOIS AND CLARK.

What is "anti choice movie"?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    What is "anti choice movie"?
    A movie with an anti abortion agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I'm particularly thinking of John Byrne's run. We had Clark with a nautilus machine in his apartment to explain his buff physique, Cat Grant lusting after him and Lois taking him more seriously as a romantic partner. Maybe there's some synergy in how the tv series and comic influenced each other, but I think of Lois and Clark as a very accurate adaptation of what Clark was like in that era.
    I agree L&C took its cues from Byrne, but IIRC Byrne still worked in some of Clark's social awkwardness when it came to romance, whereas the show made it a point in the pilot that Clark Kent was smooth guy, and in the first season he was able to seduce a lady to dig up information (much to Lois' chagrin, of course). It was just a progression from Pre-Crisis to Byrne to primetime TV.

He was a decent Superman although, I don't agree with his political views. I did meet him at a convention years ago and was a decent gentleman, at least.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post

No idea if this is true—obviously we weren’t at the bar to witness it. But if he did do that....uncool.
    What a BS post. You put out a terrible story about a person but then the next sentence is what I posted. Sneaky way to trash someone with no knowledge. I could post a lotta stories and then say that.

Stan Lee raped a baby. No idea if this is true -

Jim Lee smacked a fan in the face and caused her to stroke. No idea if this is true -

See how easy that is to write crap. SMH.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    What a BS post. You put out a terrible story about a person but then the next sentence is what I posted. Sneaky way to trash someone with no knowledge. I could post a lotta stories and then say that.

Stan Lee raped a baby. No idea if this is true -

Jim Lee smacked a fan in the face and caused her to stroke. No idea if this is true -

See how easy that is to write crap. SMH.
    I didn’t “put out” anything. All you have to do is search his name on Twitter to see people recounting him doing this. He’s always been crude with women and would talk regularly about sexual exploits even in the 90’s in print so can I imagine him doing this? Yes. I can. You can choose not to believe it or choose to believe it. But someone sharing their account is what it is.

Either way, it’s beyond bizarre to get so defensive about a celebrity. He’s not Superman. He never was.

Lois and Clark was the show that solidified my obsession with both Clark Kent and with Lois Lane. I had seen the Reeve movies prior and loved them but LnC was what truly sucked me in for life. I hate that his behavior had tainted the show for me but it has. I still have deep love for Teri as she’s done nothing wrong but I can’t view Dean the same way anymore. No one wishes this kind of stuff wasn’t true more than me.

If you want to believe he’s a saint who has done nothing wrong or if you just don’t care because you only care about the character he plays that’s your right. But don’t come here and call BS on accounts of bad behavior people are sharing bc you can’t handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Yikes, did not know that about him. Guess I won't be revisiting LOIS AND CLARK.
    Why not? You can enjoy a series still without supporting or condoning the opinions of one actor. Teri Hatcher was a big part of that show and there seems to be nothing hateful coming from her, and then there's so much from the rest of the cast and crew that refusing to watch because of the leading guy's political crap in real life seems kinda meh. Because truth is if everything came out about every actor and actress you shouldn't be watching half of what you do. At some point we just have to accept these people in the same way we do everyone else. I don't refuse to check my mail because the postal worker is a Trump supporter, I don't check to see if the cashier's views on LGBT rights match my own before I pick where in the store to check out, I don't need to know what my librarian thinks about race matters before I decide whether I want to check out a book from there. And yet somehow it matters so much what one celebrity thinks? We don't know about the rest of the cast, or the camera operators, the directors, the script writers, the producers all think. Just one actor thinks something we disagree with so we can never revisit it. It's just so hard lined these days.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    I didn’t “put out” anything...
    If you want to believe he’s a saint who has done nothing wrong or if you just don’t care because you only care about the character he plays that’s your right. But don’t come here and call BS on accounts of bad behavior people are sharing bc you can’t handle it.
    I was just talking about the way you tossed out info about someone but followed up wit (paraphrase) But I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Teri Hatcher was a big part of that show and there seems to be nothing hateful coming from her,
    For what it's worth, Hatcher seems to have alienated her castmates from Desperate Housewives, with some implied statements that she was a bully and a troublemaker. Of course, if I were flipping through the channels and saw Lois & Clark on TV, I wouldn't switch it off because of any possible awful behavior on Hatcher's part.

Spectacular Member CaptainLiberty76's Avatar

According to the front page, Soft Snyder alledgedly destroys Dean Cain with a single word. Snyder did not even come close to DESTROY Cain. He made a snarky remark, that is all. Scott, thank you for your service, but any citizen has the right to share an opinion. That is part of your service, right? Dean was correct, Superman probably could not say, " Truth, justice and the American way" on TV or in the movies today. Dean has proven himself on more than one occasion to be a gentleman and a gracious human being. Although some would look for rumor and gossip to bring him down, Cain has more often than not responded with courtesy and humor. He is alright by me.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainLiberty76 View Post
    Dean was correct, Superman probably could not say, " Truth, justice and the American way" on TV or in the movies today.
    I think there's some truth to this. There was that infamous line all the way back in 2006's Superman Returns when Perry White asks if Superman still stands for "Truth, justice, all that stuff." Clearly (IMO), they wanted to quote the catchphrase, but not actually say "American way." Fourteen years later, I think "American way" would be even less popular.

But hey, Cain is inviting criticism, too. You have to be really daft to tweet passive-aggressive comments about having to wear masks and not expect blowback. So if you aren't self-unaware, then you are trying to rankle the masses who don't agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I think there's some truth to this. There was that infamous line all the way back in 2006's Superman Returns when Perry White asks if Superman still stands for "Truth, justice, all that stuff." Clearly (IMO), they wanted to quote the catchphrase, but not actually say "American way." Fourteen years later, I think "American way" would be even less popular.

But hey, Cain is inviting criticism, too. You have to be really daft to tweet passive-aggressive comments about having to wear masks and not expect blowback. So if you aren't self-unaware, then you are trying to rankle the masses who don't agree with you.
    Well, right now there's a lot going on that is hard not to seep into one's thinking when they hear the phrase "the American Way". A lot of our past and present is being brought to account. That's all going to shift perceptions of phrases, even if that's not what the actual phrase is supposed to mean.

Even so, it's still used a fair bit - and current events will shift in the future, (depending on what happens, exactly, on several key fronts) getting to a point where the line won't have as much current event-related contention again.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I find it messed up he's controversial simply for leaning on the opposite end of the political spectrum.
    CBR leans so far left, it's ridiculous! I lean left on some issues, right on others -- so I'm a moderate -- as is the majority. I don't think Cain said anything that was controversial in that interview.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainLiberty76 View Post
    According to the front page, Soft Snyder alledgedly destroys Dean Cain with a single word. Snyder did not even come close to DESTROY Cain. He made a snarky remark, that is all. Scott, thank you for your service, but any citizen has the right to share an opinion. That is part of your service, right? Dean was correct, Superman probably could not say, " Truth, justice and the American way" on TV or in the movies today. Dean has proven himself on more than one occasion to be a gentleman and a gracious human being. Although some would look for rumor and gossip to bring him down, Cain has more often than not responded with courtesy and humor. He is alright by me.
    Again, that's CBR bias. It's really become evident in this past year.

Reading through the comments -- it seems Cain has made somewhat controversial comments in the past. I'll have to look into it at some point, but based solely on the recent comments -- I thought he provided a good counterpoint when so many are willing to label all police as racists.