Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Amazing Member

I'd want a villain like the Parasite. I'd prefer a solid story rather than trying to cram too many characters into the movie.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    This is either a really fantastic time for that take on Superman or not a good time at all. Like having Superman stand up to police brutality could have real, meaty potential, or would today’s audience just pick it apart for glorifying a hero using the excessive force it’s trying to discourage? Not saying I agree with that line or thinking, I don’t, but that’s what people are having conversations about right now. Society is re-examining a lot of things, and I’m not sure sure where pop culture is going to land on the other side of it.
    On the other hand I’d actually get more exited for a movie that was inspired by the more weirder stuff from Morrison’s work. His run had both grounded golden age stuff and wacky silver age aplenty. Besides crafting a version of the character fans will respond better to, stuff like 5th dimension villains, Brainiac or Bizzaro World (ok that’s more All Star than AC, but still) could go a long way to bring a different kind of spectacle than the dark filtered explosions from the Snyder films.
    I think going for either take, grounded champion of the oppressed or weird super God encountering weird ****, would work. Or a combo of both like New 52.

Basically anything to get us away from the same old Donner stuff, which still existed even in the Snyder films. Definitely no more Phantom Zone, and no Lex without at least a Brainiac or Bizarro to go with him.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    This is either a really fantastic time for that take on Superman or not a good time at all. Like having Superman stand up to police brutality could have real, meaty potential, or would today’s audience just pick it apart for glorifying a hero using the excessive force it’s trying to discourage? Not saying I agree with that line or thinking, I don’t, but that’s what people are having conversations about right now. Society is re-examining a lot of things, and I’m not sure sure where pop culture is going to land on the other side of it.
    On the other hand I’d actually get more exited for a movie that was inspired by the more weirder stuff from Morrison’s work. His run had both grounded golden age stuff and wacky silver age aplenty. Besides crafting a version of the character fans will respond better to, stuff like 5th dimension villains, Brainiac or Bizzaro World (ok that’s more All Star than AC, but still) could go a long way to bring a different kind of spectacle than the dark filtered explosions from the Snyder films.
    That's just avoiding the topic of violence and brutality. Especially, from an authorised authority. This kind of thinking just makes superman stories safe. Having the character tackle it honestly is much more prudent.Superman himself has talked his own tendency to violence. Those kindof debates are what makes stories great. Him taking on some space creature is great and all.But,there isn't much draw to it and budget will be an issue. Not saying Those wacky stories shouldn't be done. They absolutely should. But, it shouldn't be used as excuse for superman character to not discuss various things. Heck! These stories themselves can be allegorical in nature. Superman might have leaning and he does takes sides. That doesn't mean other sides can't be presented in a story.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-07-2020 at 09:54 PM.